Sea-to-Sky takes things slow

1 hour ago, Laghail said:

It is, just teasing you!

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Active challenges: Summer bod - for real this time! | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

2023-24 threads: Challenge VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIV

2018-19 & 2021 threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII

Despite it being very, very cold today i managed to get a decent walk in and had a bit of a sit at my local cafe. 
Repotted my new mints (chocolate peppermint and pineapple mint). 

IMG_8535.thumb.jpeg.a66317903673781a74d708f77c30ec4c.jpeg

still restless, which is probably an energy level thing. So annoying. Getting regular naps and afternoon rests in though so feeling less tired. 
also sleeping well at the moment, passed out at 10pm last night (thankfully not with the ipad on my face again). 

struggling to not snack at the moment. Very frustrating as its Most likely boredom with a side of i need to drink more water. 

thinking of going out, catching the bus and having a wander tomorrow as im so restless. Weather is supposed  to be better. Will see how i go. 

nearly maxed out the space on my clear the tbr pages i made at the start of my bujo! So, progress. Need to read more physical books. Have lisa kleypas’s “worth any price” on my bedside table as well as “latés and legends”. Must stop just looking at them and actually pick them up

• Like 6

the creative spelling comes as standard. Enjoy! 
A journey of thousand miles, begins with a single step - Lao Tzu

Challenge: #1#2#3#4

Weather is lovely and sunny, but freezing today. Cloudless blue skies and a northerly breeze mean its scraping 11’c in the daytime.

had to put so many layers on when i went out. 

still restless so caught the bus into to town and had a wander around and a poke in the shops. Came back with surprisingly good book haul. Lots of good authors

IMG_8551.thumb.jpeg.692928e2bb798791419f3c8fc5ac560e.jpegB

been wanting to read a discovery of witches for a while, so it was nice to get a copy so cheaply (50p). 

sleep pattern is now going better, which is definitely helping. Making sure i get up earlier seems to sort the struggling to go to sleep at a reasonable time. Obvious now i think about it but i should have tried this sooner. 
some of my goals for this challenge are still  slightly shelved, but I'm trying to aim for  3 walks a week again now I'm feeling less floored. 
weather this week is supposed to be dry and sunny (if cold) so lots of opportunity to get out right now, which is great. 

going to try and get back on track with the healthy snacking as I've definitely been picking at sugary things recently (i am blaming boredom for this one).

making a big pan of chilli or vegetarian chilli for lunch is still on my to do list (its been there for 3 weeks) so i think i will try and do that tomorrow. 

• Like 5

A Discovery of Witches is on my list, too!

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 1

Past Challenges: #1, #2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16

Current Challenge: #17

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

Woke up tired, I seem to be yo+yo’ing between good and bad days energy wise at the moment. Not sure what to do about that, but probubly pacing myself and resting is in order. Glad i went out yesterday though as the cloud has decended and it has all gone grey out there again. 

Had a miscellaneous crud that needed doing day so lots of driving around. Had a lovely wrap and sweet potato fries in one of my fave cafes overlooking the sea though, which was lovely. 

pretty burnt out now though so need to rest. getting some quiet recharging time in the afternoon is going well, actually napping is intermittent though so maybe putting more effort i to that would be a good plan. 

onto reading Minx by julia quinn, which is one of the books is scored yesterday. Its one of her early ones, and not quite the same complexity of plot as the more recent series ive read by her. Enjoying it though as lighter reading is what i need right now. 

Cant believe its only 2pm. Feels like its 6 in the afternoon right now. Seemingly one of those days that drags on and on today. 

• Like 5

On 4/17/2024 at 5:47 AM, Sea-to-sky said:

IMG_8535.thumb.jpeg.a66317903673781a74d708f77c30ec4c.jpeg

Beautiful plants!

On 4/17/2024 at 5:47 AM, Sea-to-sky said:

Need to read more physical books. Have lisa kleypas’s “worth any price” on my bedside table as well as “latés and legends”. 

Latés and legends is quality. It's not like, a plotty book, or one you have to think hard about; instead it's deeply wholesome and cozy and gentle. It will make you want biscotti, fair warning.

• Like 2

Level 38 [TBD]

4 hours ago, Laghail said:

Latés and legends is quality. It's not like, a plotty book, or one you have to think hard about; instead it's deeply wholesome and cozy and gentle.

Always some thing im looking for more of. Chill reads are a must for me when my energy is low as i just cant manage anything too taxing to read or emotionally heavy.

4 hours ago, Laghail said:

It will make you want biscotti, fair warning.

You assuming i dont always want biscotti 😆

found a shop that sells amazing chocolate ones recently. Must get some more soon

• Like 1

Today i had a doing day. Energy was pretty good so i got some mando done in the morning, just going over stuff im working on at the moment. 

went for a really decent cliff walk (about 2mile). Havent done this one in ages so it was really nice. Had to break it up and rest in sections as i did struggle a bit with the steepness. Felt good though. Sea and sky was so clear blue, made me wish i was swimming so badly.  Took lunch (sausage roll. Will pack something next time ) but wished id packed water. Walk was very much spur of the moment though as i just intended to go for tea and chill. Need to get a small backpack from somewhere before it gets much warmer. Nicer days mean im going to want to do this more often.

currently reading wicked ugly bad by cassandra gannon. Did buy this one instead of from the tbr, but it’s hilarious and I'm enjoying it so much so have zero regrets. Looking at the rest of the series and they sound really good. 

IMG_8592.thumb.jpeg.4b0e6697ac26ae2dfd589f980fc3074e.jpeg

random photo of cliff.  Need to get the rest off my phone. But overexposed sadly as it was so bright today. 

• Like 5

On 4/17/2024 at 6:47 AM, Sea-to-sky said:

Repotted my new mints (chocolate peppermint and pineapple mint). 

*wants*

How do you use them?  In drinks or something?

On 4/18/2024 at 9:24 AM, Sea-to-sky said:

been wanting to read a discovery of witches for a while

Good series!  I really liked it.

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness

Journey before Destination

4 minutes ago, Everstorm said:

wants*

How do you use them?  In drinks or something?

I mostly collect scented mints and pelargoniums as a kind of hobby. They are very nice in tea and cooking though, but mostly i just enjoy all the different smells and colours. The chocolate peppermint really does smell chcoclaty though. Reminds me a bit of mint chock chip ice cream. 
theyr also very nice in cold drinks too. I have a strawberry mint ive always wanted to try as part of a summer drink. It is just begging to be in a tall glass with ice and lemonade, 

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 2

@Everstorm chances are someone will sell unusual mints round where you are. Even if its mail order. I do have to hunt for mine but theyr usually around as people are very keen on them. Even big garden centres can carry them

• Like 1

I also recommend pineapple sage, it smells incredible. 

Thank you for the cliff picture! I am glad you were feeling well enough to go on an adventure!

• Like 1

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 hours ago, Sovalis said:

Thank you for the cliff picture! I am glad you were feeling well enough to go on an adventure!

It was really nice, had to do it in sections and stop and catch my breath between but it was good. Came to the audden conclusion that if someone picked me up in a road accessible section, i didnt have to walk the whole round walk (which is about 3 miles). No idea why i didnt think of it before.

• Like 1

Just finished Wicked, ugly, bad by cassandra gannon. Wow, this book. What a ride. Really hard to describe without spoilers but its hilarious, fun and has a cracking plot characters and really interesting setting and premise. (Kind of want to play a d&d game in it to be honest). Highly recommended

edit:

oh man. Crashed out for about 3 hours today. Didn't even make it to midday before i went to sleep. Annoying, Yesterday was worth it though. Last couple of nights have been a bit late so that definitely contributed too. 

• Like 3

Today was pretty lowkey as i am tired, just read and napped to be honest. Have stalled slightly with the julia quinn book. Not sure why but it isnt doing it for me at the moment. I usually adore her writing but this is an early one and the plot is not as well paced as her more recent work (im 125 pages of 386ish in and im already a bit frustrated with it).

IMG_8618.thumb.jpeg.c58f0c9229d50084357f5b6b43272c49.jpeg
walking is better put has been pretty below my targets so far this month as im just not up to it right now. Taking forever to get over this bug still. 

im loving the bottle trackers though, theyr so much fun and i will definetly be using hem again (ideally i will manage to draw them all before getting to the end next time 😆)

IMG_8619.thumb.jpeg.83a2b646677a583b0b83897c9c316591.jpeg

IMG_8616.thumb.jpeg.03256fcc704cd642de68c648b7fcd2c3.jpeg

have intentionally started trying to add the quotes in the spaces at the start of the week instead of at the end. Gives me longer to enjoy them. 
currently finding random inspirational quotes off the internet. Need more book ones, they make me happy. 

have been trying to be kind to myself this last week and recharge a bit, not stress too much, do the things that make me happy. Ive gone over the calories a bit on some days, snacked on sugar a bit too much, bought a few books i really wanted, but i felt like i needed a break from all the things and do feel better for it. 
will probubly work my way through the Cassandra gannon series im reading as i am just really enjoying them. Not sticking to the tbr goal i know, but right now they are what i need in a book. 

• Like 5

Food Shopping today. So pretty done in now. Managed to get some orzo though so am definitely going to make the orzo soup.
Did some more to this weeks bujo pages (which i realised id forgotten to draw). Thought id post some half done ones so people can see the guide lines and things as i often find this helpful to myself when learning. 

IMG_8622.thumb.jpeg.2d3728a089098164710af0c1c7dfe2da.jpegIMG_8623.thumb.jpeg.6757f3f36d8ba8f302835b3797d306f2.jpeg

Just finished book 2 of Cassandra gannons fairytale books, beast in shining armour. Which is kind of a remix of beauty and the beast. Really enjoyed this one too. Very interesting characters again. 

have been looking back through my bujo and the time im getting to sleep is definitely slipping a tad. Need to be more careful with that as it does help. Also need to be working more fruit in at lunch. 

• Like 5

Going slow again today as still pretty tired despite getting a better bedtime tonight. 
IMG_8571.jpeg.0649b41657340ac54f66a2f33e20defa.jpeg

doing a but of cooking today. Out of oat cookies and only have a few energy balls left (which is good as the cherry/chocolate ones where not my faves). 
trying a new recepie. Apple crumble energy balls. tastes amazing but it is such a sticky mix (wondering if i didnt put enough almond butter in them🤔 slightly got lost whilst counting to four 🤦‍♀️. It is one of those days). But they taste really nice so i will be repeating this one. Skipped the dusting of cinnamon as i don't think they really need it. 
IMG_8636.thumb.jpeg.7d616f42492ce1854d1ad07194db9600.jpeg

thinking of making some fun mini cookies. I found a chocolate crinkle cookie recipe that makes very tiny ones so might try that. 
just about to make some soup. Really want to try this Orzo and chickpea soup  recipe i found. 
its either that or i put a batch of oven cooked tomato, onion and peppers mix in as the freezer is full of falafels at the moment. Might be a nice change. 

did a bit more to the weekly in my bujo.  Very pleased with how its turning out. Looks nice. Will probubly give the calligraphy a bash later.IMG_8638.thumb.jpeg.d737d730a73fb908b325c2f30ec0cd35.jpeg

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 3

34 minutes ago, Sea-to-sky said:

As we are trying to post fails. I just cremated a pan of tomatos and peppers in the Rayburn so badly i think i may have written off the pan. Moral of story, set a timer. 

We've all been there haha - call it a cremation win maybe?

• Haha 3

Level 38 [TBD]

Ooof, been there! 😜😅

• Haha 1

had a quiet ish day. Went out with my brother, tried jack fruit for the first time (which tasted a bit like mushroom to me, but it wasnt too bad). Did some bujo, but mostly chilled. Going for a short walk in a minute if it stops spitting. 

made a second pan of tomato mix (didnt burn this one thankfully) which means i can do falafels in pitta with all the sides (there is a jar of pickled chillies on the shelf i keep looking at longingly). 

IMG_8701.thumb.jpeg.c02f290aa5f92cd0403d52cd97b52760.jpegIMG_8699.thumb.jpeg.6923a27dd9a732a5cc56cbc98f3007df.jpeg

really like how this weekly turned out. Scruffy paper borders turned out nicely.

ooh, sun is out. Best be off before it clouds over again

• Like 4

Today is definitely an inside stuff day. Its grey, cold and raining pretty incessantly  out there right now. 

saved a decent chunk of money this month, very happy about that. Keeping closer tabs on what I'm spending is definitely paying off. Yes, i know, obvious. But my life has been so chaotic for so long it just wasn't something i thought to do before. All progress though, so endeavouring not to beat myself up about past mistakes and celebrate current wins instead (need to train my brain to think back less and not fixate on long past errors. Not helpful).

so in that theme, i decided to reward myself with a few new books i really wanted. 
so right now am reading one upon a cave man by cassadra gannon, which is silly and fun and just everything i need in a book right now. 
finished 

finished the second sophie jordan book. Definitely needed trigger warnings in it. Final 1/4 put me off it slightly, as i was enjoying the plot up til that point. There are interesting story elements but it just didn't follow through with the strong characters seen in book one. 

walk was good yesterday, but i didn't get as far as id have liked. 
Chucking stuff into the box of things to go out continues. Want to have a concerted whack at my art supplies cupboard next. Ive done it before recently-ish but want to actually go through everything and see what i actually want to keep, instead of hoarding it “because it might be useful at some point” (I'm fighting genetics + upbringing on this one so its always an uphill struggle). 
essentially i want to get back into art in a more serious way and a surprising quantity of my art supplies are at least 20+ years old at this point. So i figure i either need to check if they have gone off or if i even want to get serious about working out how to properly use them (I'm looking at you water colours). 

Edit: art cupboard much messier than i expected. As usual stuff has been kind of shoved in there due to lack of alternative homes for it. Did one shelf of books and added a good handful to the out pile, so thats progress. More progress tomorrow hopefully.

• Like 4

Managed to get a short walk in. Went for a cup of tea and succumbed to chocolate (becuase shark week is the worst). Mostly spent today curled up on the sofa feeling dreadful. Upside, i have a good book. 

Cassandra gannons, Not another vampire book. Its stupid, hilarious and a wonderful parody on bad romance novels. There is a lot of cheese in this thing and (intentional) editing mistakes. It is incredibly tongue in cheek and i love it. Just what i needed today. 

• Like 2