Forums are back in action! ×

Daily Dare (Nov 26 - Dec 30)

21 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

I did my EC again for today. (I assume it was 20 total and not 20 for each hand in front?)

Yep, that's right. That one was slightly unclear. Usually they tell you if they want you to switch halfway through. In this case they didn't, so I think any mix of hands forward would count.

20 hours ago, KB Girl said:

No EC for me today, can't do more than 2 pushups in a row x) 

Me neither!!

19 hours ago, Morag said:

27th done, no ec.

Keep it up, people, you are amazing!

Great job and you too!

14 hours ago, Rhovaniel said:

Had to break this down into 3 sets, but I got it done :) 

You beat me. I had to do 3 in the morning, 4 after work, and the rest of them after seeing a movie and having a couple glasses of wine. Some of them were SUPER SHAAKY!

13 hours ago, Inazea said:

No EC, my arms are too weak.

No worries! Completely optional, but if you want to work up to them, try doing "modified" dares when they are too hard. We have a separate column. I couldn't do any pushups until I started doing negatives.

2 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Squat side bends for EC done and done :)

It's gonna be fun having you several time zones ahead. I'll know to be scared if you bail out of any!

• Like 5

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

Pushups done yesterday with EC (glad I managed them, I had my doubts that I would) and side bends with EC today. 

By the way, if it helps anyone, it looks like Darebee now put all of the dares on their YouTube Channel , so if you can't work out how to do them or how to count the reps that would be a good place to look. 

• Like 2

Level 21 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 18  -  CON: 22  -  CHA: 11  -  SAN: 19  -  INT: 17

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Get going!

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map - 2022 road map/wrap-up

10 hours ago, Xena said:

No worries! Completely optional, but if you want to work up to them, try doing "modified" dares when they are too hard. We have a separate column. I couldn't do any pushups until I started doing negatives.

I usually do modified versions but for the challenge I thought I'd give it a try, needed several sets though so next time I will do a modified version. :)

At least my legs are strong so today's workout was easily done with EC.

• Like 2
14 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Punch burpees, apparently :(

Strict burpees with punches... 20 of them... I think darebee hates me. First of all it's 2 days of squat variations when I can barely walk because of DOMS from squats on Monday and then it's a pushup variation the day after bench. 

Well, darebee. I did you squat bends, I did your squat hops and I did your stupid burpees. All with EC.

I think I have the Spartan training I did a few months ago to thank for the last one. I might not have touched a burpee since then (because doing 200 during that race was enough to last me a while). I was seriously thinking about skipping this one altogether. You don't need a perfect score for Titanium, you've got 10 points to squander. Then I figured I'll try and get the one point but ended up just repping them out. 

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

I didn't get to the punch burpees last night but I did them this morning* after my workout, and I really struggled.  Got through it for the EC, though

On 11/21/2017 at 12:07 PM, Xena said:

Miss the day (in your time zone) and you miss the points.  Need a variation?  Not a problem, but no points for you.

I understand the rule is it only counts for the day in my time zone, but I would like to apply for an exception.  The new dare only shows up at 1pm for me, so If I only have until end of day it makes it really hard if I have things in the evening.  If not, I understand I have 0 for this one.

HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

On 11/29/2017 at 6:19 PM, Morag said:

Squat hops done with EC. Didn't do the squat bends yesterday though, no reason, just didn't.

That used to happen to me a lot. I do them now because I also made it one of my challenge goals.

On 11/29/2017 at 7:32 PM, CheshireCrab said:

Little late to the game, but I'll join in!

Squats Hops done with EC

You are welcome any time...and good job!

6 hours ago, jonfirestar said:

I think I have the Spartan training I did a few months ago to thank for the last one. I might not have touched a burpee since then (because doing 200 during that race was enough to last me a while). I was seriously thinking about skipping this one altogether. You don't need a perfect score for Titanium, you've got 10 points to squander. Then I figured I'll try and get the one point but ended up just repping them out. 

Was definitely thinking of your sprint burpee training on those.

6 hours ago, Diadhuit said:

OMG, OMG, OMG! I survived it!
I thought I would have died halfway through, but I made it!
I needed to modify as I can't do pushups and couldn't really jump in that fashion, so I holded a plank and lounged (is that the term?).
But this after a tough pilates class that concentrated on shoulders so I am shaking :D

I had to modify too.

1 hour ago, WhiteGhost said:

I didn't get to the punch burpees last night but I did them this morning* after my workout, and I really struggled.  Got through it for the EC, though

I understand the rule is it only counts for the day in my time zone, but I would like to apply for an exception.  The new dare only shows up at 1pm for me, so If I only have until end of day it makes it really hard if I have things in the evening.  If not, I understand I have 0 for this one.

My official judgement is that you should be entitled to a 24-hour window. Declare your own 24-hour window and as long as you are consistent about it throughout the challenge, it seems fair to me. (so 1 pm to 1 pm the next day, or something like that).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

1 minute ago, Xena said:

My official judgement is that you should be entitled to a 24-hour window.

Excellent!.  Thankye ma'am :) 

• Like 1

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

12 minutes ago, Diadhuit said:

Climber taps are sooo tough! I did 8 for now... finding the strength for the others!
I can't balance and my feet slip, I end up not breathing. Any help on how to do them?

Does it help if you bring the foot up first and they quickly reach down for a quick tap?  That way you wouldn't have to deal with as much body rotation and you spend less time trying to hold yourself up with just one arm.

• Like 1

Level 2 Ninja

Had it been anything harder than butt kicks I probably wouldn't have bothered yesterday. As it is nice an easy EC.

Climber taps today were no probelm. Especially when held up against the sheer volume of mountain climbers I've done for the Ranger mini ;) 

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

1 hour ago, Diadhuit said:

I can't balance and my feet slip, I end up not breathing. Any help on how to do them?

Along with what @WhiteGhost suggests, I'd also suggest to try slowing them down if you cannot maintain balance. It means you need to hold the high-plank position for longer but might help keep you stable. 

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

Along with what [mention=62766]WhiteGhost[/mention] suggests, I'd also suggest to try slowing them down if you cannot maintain balance. It means you need to hold the high-plank position for longer but might help keep you stable. 
I am very slow already. Bring the foot in front and until there I can manage. When I remove the arm slow or fast I need to stop breathing to avoid falling off :(
I hoped to continue, but had to give up today

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

21 minutes ago, Diadhuit said:

I am very slow already. Bring the foot in front and until there I can manage. When I remove the arm slow or fast I need to stop breathing to avoid falling off :(
I hoped to continue, but had to give up today

I think holding your breath during the rep is quite normal. You've got to brace to maintain balance and part of that is to hold your breath. These are very difficult to maintain balance through so don't feel bad. 

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

I think holding your breath during the rep is quite normal. You've got to brace to maintain balance and part of that is to hold your breath. These are very difficult to maintain balance through so don't feel bad. 
Thanks, not feeling bad, just trying to understand if I were doing them right. At the end I did 40, but had to raise my bum until I could put my whole sole on the ground. I now think I should have done a normal plank but with hands on a higher surface as I'm afraid I used the wrong muscles. Oh, well, next time I'll fare better!
  • Like 1

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8