Forums are back in action! ×

4 hours ago, Chris-Tien Jinn said:

YES!!  At the end you have something you can point to as an accomplishment.  

it’s really nice to sit outside and say “we made this nice!

4 hours ago, Chris-Tien Jinn said:

Your plan looks good .... stretching is especially important (and one thing I don't do enough of myself!).

Thanks! I’m looking forward to having a break from deciding what to do all the time. I just need to follow the schedule.

I don’t stretch enough either. I’m not flexible at all! 

• Like 5

Love the schedule of Awesome! 

• Thanks 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

Did y'all know that quote from Firefly is actually from Martin Luther King Jr. in 1960?  I was completely ignorant to this, and I'm so glad I read his whole speech, which is where my link will take you.  I don't remember Dr. King getting recognized for it in the show, and I know the show paraphrased it, but c'mon...it isn't right not to acknowledge where it came from.

If You Can't Fly Then Run, If You Can't Run Then Walk - ø Eminently ...

I am back from my break from tracking, and in a good headspace to really take on my weight loss goals. I'm not going to report in every day on how I'm doing. Some days I just need to put that day behind me and move forward.  I have a lot of pain everywhere, including my hands. And the skulls or hearts is a little too...grim.  I'm going to check in throughout the week, but I don't want to do it every day, and I don't think anyone here will mind that. :)  Also, not every update will be this long. Seriously. :D 

I've made some changes to my Schedule of Awesome.  I'm basically going back to working out every day until my body tells me I need a rest day. My doctor said my strength training isn't something that really requires a lot of recovery time, and I can safely do it daily, and she advised I work up to an hour of cardio a day, so that's a goal.  At this point exercise is helping my pain, not adding to it, so I'm comfortable moving a lot more. 

While eating three meals a day is awesome, I realized this week that my mom and I are still eating Dad sized portions and we need to stop that. I'm going to use the Lose it App because I need the extra help right now until my plate looks Snarky-sized, not 6 feet 4 inches Dad sized.  I need to work on my eating habits over all. I need to slow down when I eat, take smaller portions, eat more protein and vegetables. 

I'd like to lose 1-2 pounds a week. That is my job right now. I did some adjusting of my spending habits to set aside money for the things I'll need along the way, like new shoes or inserts, new clothes. Not as a reward system but as a support system.  It seems like a twist of language, but I no longer want to reward myself with things I need. I need shoes on my feet and clothes on my body.  I need to know that I'm able to buy those things when I'm ready and that I'm fully supporting this goal to lose weight. I canceled subscriptions to various streaming services and am rearranging my budget.  I'm also working on those boundaries, and I got a lot of practice this week in saying no thank you. and nothing blew up! That's pretty exciting.

I'm also going to take care of my physical self in ways that aren't fitness related. I'm no longer a low-maintenance twenty year old. I need lotion. I need so much lotion y'all for this dry skin. I need more frequent haircuts, and I need gentle facewashes and creams that smell nice. I am high maintenance, and I am okay with that. I'm need quiet time to read and practice ukulele and learn about stuff that I don't know LIKE WRITERS WHO STEAL FROM DR KING, and I am going to take more time for that. 

I am going to stop seeking approval all the time and trust that at 42, I am going to make some mistakes but I will be okay and that overall, I am capable and have worth. I got this.  Thank you for your support and friendship in helping me realize what I need in my life. I truly appreciate you.

• Like 6

Great stuff, Snarky!   I appreciate you!  <4

• Thanks 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

This is such an excellent update! I did not know about the origin of the quote and I appreciate you educating me. I think your decision to change how you are checking in (frequency and emojis) sound really healthy and beneficial and I hope you will let us know in a while if they are helping the way you hope they will. 

I think that not rewarding yourself with what you need, but supporting your movement and health goals is truly a wise mindset shift and I will take that as well. So proud of you for boundary setting and speaking up. That is hard sometimes and you seem to be making good progress with it. 

So much about your update to love!! :D 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Past Challenges: #1, #2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16

Current Challenge: #17

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

20 hours ago, Shello said:

Great stuff, Snarky!   I appreciate you!  <4

<4 

16 hours ago, Sovalis said:

This is such an excellent update! I did not know about the origin of the quote and I appreciate you educating me. I think your decision to change how you are checking in (frequency and emojis) sound really healthy and beneficial and I hope you will let us know in a while if they are helping the way you hope they will. 

I think that not rewarding yourself with what you need, but supporting your movement and health goals is truly a wise mindset shift and I will take that as well. So proud of you for boundary setting and speaking up. That is hard sometimes and you seem to be making good progress with it. 

So much about your update to love!! :D 

Thanks Sovalis! that's very kind of you :) 

• Like 1

It's time to celebrate! I put on my eggplant jeans on today and THEY FIT! Awwwww yeah. This is gonna open up my wardrobe a bit. 

dance-chicken-dance.gif

My scale won't give me a clear reading. It says 237, then jumps to 240 then down to 239 then quickly flashes between those numbers. I weigh between 237 and 240. LOL. I am now getting weighed in ranges until the scale dies.  :D:D 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

It's time to celebrate! I put on my eggplant jeans on today and THEY FIT! Awwwww yeah. This is gonna open up my wardrobe a bit. 

dance-chicken-dance.gif

Nice!  That's awesome!  

Happy Dance GIFs | GIFDB.com

2 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

My scale won't give me a clear reading. It says 237, then jumps to 240 then down to 239 then quickly flashes between those numbers. I weigh between 237 and 240. LOL. I am now getting weighed in ranges until the scale dies.  :D:D

That's the exact reason I bought my new scale.  I can stand on 3 times it gives me the SAME each time!  

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 1

Yay NSV!!!! I love the idea of eggplant jeans. Are they patterned? Coloured? Shiny? Who knows?! But they sound awesome!

• Like 1

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

5 hours ago, Shello said:

Nice!  That's awesome!  

Happy Dance GIFs | GIFDB.com

That's the exact reason I bought my new scale.  I can stand on 3 times it gives me the SAME each time!  

Thats a good dancing gif! Yeah, its not my scale, but  I think Mom wont mind if I replace it.  I’ll ask. 

4 hours ago, Sovalis said:

Yay NSV!!!! I love the idea of eggplant jeans. Are they patterned? Coloured? Shiny? Who knows?! But they sound awesome!

They are gloria vanderbilt stretchy jeans from kohls! They are just a nice color and softer than usual jeans

• Like 3

On 6/7/2023 at 10:01 PM, Snarkyfishguts said:

I walked 40 minutes today and went off my diet quite a bit. It was a harder day than I realized. I went to check out an eyeglass place and ended up buying a pair that I'm not entirely sure I like.  The woman who sold me the glasses talked a lot about her kids and husband, and the whole thing took an hour longer, and I realized I was in no way prepared for that.  I wasn't prepared to be a therapist, friend or shopping companion, and I should've said "I need to think about this" and gone home but instead I  have glasses that are coming in ten days that my insurance won't cover, but thankfully they weren't too expensive. I hope I like them when they come in. 

Update: I hated the glasses. Not only did I hate them, but the woman who talked so much got my prescription wrong when she entered it into the system. She added a "1" to the axis number and my pupil distance was off by 2.  She was clearly distracted and thinking about her family a lot that day. Everyone gets to have a bad day. But I got my money back, and I'm not returning. 

News: I went to the vascular surgeon's office to meet the nurse practitioner yesterday and she looked at my leg and said "I think we need an ultrasound of this" and the good news is that I don't have Deep vein thrombosis! But  she put me on baby aspirin and ordered me to come back to see the surgeon for a vein study. That will be Tuesday. I'm glad I went, it was a really positive experience. She thinks he's going to want to seal the veins since this isn't the first time they got inflamed. I know this doctor and he won't do any procedures unless he thinks they're necessary. I'm honestly just relieved that I don't even have to wait a full week and am not worried.  I'm in good hands here. 

Tomorrow is Father's Day, so I'm going to get a lot of stuff ready to make it nice.  My brother and his family are coming over and I'm really looking forward to seeing them. My oldest nephew is going to learn to drive and the youngest is taking saxonphone lessons this summer. It'll be fun to hear how that's going! Have a great weekend everyone.  

• Like 5

On 6/17/2023 at 5:28 AM, Snarkyfishguts said:

Update: I hated the glasses. Not only did I hate them, but the woman who talked so much got my prescription wrong when she entered it into the system. She added a "1" to the axis number and my pupil distance was off by 2.  She was clearly distracted and thinking about her family a lot that day. Everyone gets to have a bad day. But I got my money back, and I'm not returning. 

I guess it worked out well with your glasses.  Not only did you get your money back but now you have the chance to pick again!  

On 6/17/2023 at 5:28 AM, Snarkyfishguts said:

News: I went to the vascular surgeon's office to meet the nurse practitioner yesterday and she looked at my leg and said "I think we need an ultrasound of this" and the good news is that I don't have Deep vein thrombosis! But  she put me on baby aspirin and ordered me to come back to see the surgeon for a vein study. That will be Tuesday. I'm glad I went, it was a really positive experience. She thinks he's going to want to seal the veins since this isn't the first time they got inflamed. I know this doctor and he won't do any procedures unless he thinks they're necessary. I'm honestly just relieved that I don't even have to wait a full week and am not worried.  I'm in good hands here. 

It's really nice when you have a doctor you trust.  

I hope you enjoyed your weekend! 

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Shello said:

I guess it worked out well with your glasses.  Not only did you get your money back but now you have the chance to pick again!  

Yep! It was the best outcome this time. 

It's really nice when you have a doctor you trust.  

Yes. I'm really nervous about what will happen tomorrow, and having that trust is keeping my stomach in check. 

I hope you enjoyed your weekend! 

It was pretty good! I enjoyed catching up with everyone, but I confess I was distracted and cranky because my leg hurt a lot yesterday, so I was probably the worst person to be around ? 

• Like 4

I went back to the doctors today for my veins, and didnt see the doc, they just did an ultrasound again and sent me home. I can see in the ultrasound that I have a few blood clots, and I would like an explanation of what is going on and what I need to do next. I’m gonna call tomorrow afternoon if I dont get an update. No one really could answer my questions today. It was very much “ we’ll see what the doc wants to do.”

its been a hard day for a lot of reasons, and I’m tired. So its time for a mental wellness exercise.   One thing I love about the room I am in is that it is filled with gifts from my family and many of them are handmade. It is a comforting space.  
good things that happened today are that I exercised for 40 minutes, and I ate beautifully. I mean.. poster child for healthy eating today. Now I am gonna go to bed at a healthy time and tomorrow I will be amazing all over again ?

• Like 3
  • Wow 3

*hugs* I am glad you have a lovely, loving space and that you have been taking good care of yourself. Hoping you get some answers soon. 

• Like 1

I got my test results in! I did a log of looking everything up online and just took my time and read over the results of both tests several times.  It looks like on Friday there was a blood clot in a superficial vein, but there are NO blood clots in Tuesday's test. I don't know that there will be any action needed now except for letting the phlebitis heal up and move on with my life. So what did I see in the ultrasound? Probably valves. I was so upset when I came home Tuesday, and I misunderstood what was happening completely, Next time, I really need to take a few deep breaths and ask more questions. I've always been taught to be quiet and figure things out for myself, but I really need to get comfortable standing up and asking "what's that? What's this about? What's next?"  So I am okay, I was absolutely wrong on Tuesday.  I will say I'm surprised by the lack of communication from the doctor's office's side of things, that feels like a new development, and I'm hoping this kind of silence is not the norm. If I don't hear from anyone today, I'm calling tomorrow for answers like "So is there a next step or are we done?" I assume we're done, but I need these things to be spelled out for me. 

But for now, I'm saying this chapter of drama is over, and we can resume eating vegetables and exercising not out of panic and fear, but out of care and hope :) 

• Like 6

Glad to hear it!

As far as portion sizes, an easy way to control them is to use a smaller plate, that way it still looks nice and full even if you have smaller portions overall. Lol. Lately I've been really lamenting the lack of small plates I have, I really just need an entire new set in general. But our dinner plates are actually larger than the average in other parts of the world which kinda...explains a lot, really. 

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, Cymas said:

Glad to hear it!

As far as portion sizes, an easy way to control them is to use a smaller plate, that way it still looks nice and full even if you have smaller portions overall. Lol. Lately I've been really lamenting the lack of small plates I have, I really just need an entire new set in general. But our dinner plates are actually larger than the average in other parts of the world which kinda...explains a lot, really. 

I've heard the plate trick! Buying new plates isn't an option for me, but the calorie counting seems to be working okay. If you get new, smaller plates, lemme know how you like it!

• Like 2

On 6/16/2023 at 7:48 PM, Shello said:

But does it give you the same body fat percentage, body water percentage, bone mass, visceral fat percentage, metabolic age, etc.? ?

Because that's what scales do nowadays, apparently... ?

From personal experience: the weighing is the same each time, the rest can vary, so the rest is just "data" to use in looking for long-term trends... ?

• Like 2

TimovieMan: funnier than you think he is; not as funny as he thinks he is...

Active challenges: Don't log, remain sensible | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

Old threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII | XXIII

2 hours ago, Cymas said:

I actually do this sometimes!

We have "old" deep plates and slightly smaller new ones. We generally still use the old ones, but we've broken a few of them over the years, so there's only four left. Whenever that's not enough (or one or two are still in the dishwasher), we take the new plates. And since I do most of the cooking, I'm the one to fill everyone's plate, and I make sure to keep the new plates for me, precisely because I know they're smaller.

The missus still scolds me when I do so, though. "Look who's picking one of the new plates and gives the old ones to us." ?

• Like 2

TimovieMan: funnier than you think he is; not as funny as he thinks he is...

Active challenges: Don't log, remain sensible | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

Old threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII | XXIII

Oh Snarky that is excellent news! I am so happy to hear that!

Speaking up is hard, but projecting into the void is worse for me. I have really had to learn to speak up. *rubs elbows* You got this. 

• Like 2