Forums are back in action! ×

2 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

That's always rough when a semi distant friend just dumps on you.

Yes! Thank you. It felt almost competitive. I said to her afterwards “you win for shittiest year” and she was so happy. I think she thought she made me feel better like “hey, you could’ve had my year!” Which is really weird. Why would I be happy that you and your family suffered? 

I’ll try again one more time, but I think I’d be happy just seeing her once in a while like my

southern relatives 

• Like 5

Oof, that's not fun. I'm sorry, Snarky. You're kind to think of other families being impacted. 

• Like 1

Past Challenges: #1, #2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16

Current Challenge: #17

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

18 hours ago, Sovalis said:

Oof, that's not fun. I'm sorry, Snarky. You're kind to think of other families being impacted. 

Thanks! I don’t really get her, but we’ve been friends since 6th grade, but there was a 15 year gap in that friendship, and I’m remembering why…

lets move forward!

the great news is my cycle has continued after a 112 day pause, so the anxiety and hormone driven feelings has reset and I feel normal again. Bodies are so weird! I’m so happy to feel better. 

more good news; Mom and I are going on a trip next month to Germany, Austria, and Switzerland For about ten days. Probably. We may cancel depending on dad’s recovery.  But as of now, we’re going. 

i’m currently looking for casual shoes for walking around that fit wide feet. Any suggestions? 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

i’m currently looking for casual shoes for walking around that fit wide feet. Any suggestions? 

I don't know about ladies' shoes, but as wide-footed dude I've been very happy with my New Balance and Skechers sneaks.

• Like 1

He has showed you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of

you but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?

13 hours ago, DrFeelgood said:

I don't know about ladies' shoes, but as wide-footed dude I've been very happy with my New Balance and Skechers sneaks.

?

13 hours ago, Stronkey Kong said:

I have extra wide feet. 

I'll second NB, never tried skechers, and I'm currently wearing some Brooks extra wide casual walking shoes that are nice. 

?

12 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

DFG gave you my reccomendation 

?

thanks, friends! 

• Like 2

OOH, that trip sounds so fun!  

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

59 minutes ago, Shello said:

OOH, that trip sounds so fun!  

I think it will be! My old German teacher organized about 18 of us through an agency that does school trips so it’s been weird planning wise because we keep getting brochures for students lol.  But it’ll be fun, and the schedule has a nice balance of guided tours and free time to explore. ? plus since he organized the group, we all got to know each other a bit and everyone seems nice… so far ?

• Like 6

I just bought a pair of Keen's Hiking shoes for work and I am loving them. I got them from the "men's" section of the shop which might have a factor on how wide they are, I am not sure, but they are really comfortable for me. 

• Like 4

Past Challenges: #1, #2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16

Current Challenge: #17

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

11 hours ago, Sovalis said:

I just bought a pair of Keen's Hiking shoes for work and I am loving them. I got them from the "men's" section of the shop which might have a factor on how wide they are, I am not sure, but they are really comfortable for me. 

I have often opted for men’s shoes too! I like the more neutral colors and they do fit wider. Actually, you reminded me I have some shoes that should clean up well. Oooooooooh 

I think it’s time to organize my shoes. They’re scattered everywhere and I know I probably have what I need

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Sovalis said:

Keen's Hiking shoes

Always have loved my Keen shoes.  I did 8 miles one day in Rome with those shoes .... in the old parts of the city with cobblestones.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

9 hours ago, Chris-Tien Jinn said:

Always have loved my Keen shoes.  I did 8 miles one day in Rome with those shoes .... in the old parts of the city with cobblestones.  

I'll have to try them out. Between you and Sovalis, I'm curious now! But let's talk about ROME. Was it awesome? What were your favorite parts of that trip?

Update: 

weigh in this week at 227.3 That's a nice 3 pound drop which makes up for a month of sitting around 230 and 231. The big change: I finally got my period after skipping it all summer.  I anticipate that I won't make another drop again like that for a while, but I hope to avoid another plateau for awhile. I'm trying to stay consistent with my calories after reading an article about how to break past weight loss plateaus (consistent and enough calories, more exercise.) I realized that my recommended calories intake on Lose it! was cutting calories a bit, and I didn't need to cut anymore than that. That's also really helped with my overall stress levels. I also cut back on the intensity of...everything. exercise, meal planning, cleaning the house. I add a lot of pressure to everything, and I realized I'm doing the thing that if you live by a certain set of rules, you'll be safe. And this summer has really shown me that is just not true. Sometimes you do everything "right" and bad things happen anyway.  I'm going to stop trying so hard and just enjoy more of the daily living.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

But let's talk about ROME. Was it awesome? What were your favorite parts of that trip?

Rome was awesome.  We only had a day there and stayed in the old part of the city.  Mostly, we saw the Vatican, the Pantheon, and the old Roman Forum .... with the sights in between.  There's art EVERYWHERE, which just blew my mind.  Great food.  Pizza and gelato in Rome.  Yum!!!

• Like 3

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

13 minutes ago, Chris-Tien Jinn said:

Rome was awesome.  We only had a day there and stayed in the old part of the city.  Mostly, we saw the Vatican, the Pantheon, and the old Roman Forum .... with the sights in between.  There's art EVERYWHERE, which just blew my mind.  Great food.  Pizza and gelato in Rome.  Yum!!!

Oh brilliant!! It’s on my list of places to go and I love hearing about it. 

What I'm looking forward to this week:

1. My nephew is going to be in a marching band festival tomorrow so we're going to cheer for him. There will be 11 high school bands playing and sometimes they have a guest band from a local college play. Ernie plays tenor sax. He refers to it as "his instrument". Which now that I think about it. Bert referred to his drum as his instrument too. I think the teacher must say "Get your instruments" and my nephews just think "That's my instrument." lol. 

2. Shopping for new shirts. cleaning out my closet has revealed that I have a shocking lack of smart casual clothes. I need some new blouses. I've got a budget so I don't buy anything I don't need, but enough to buy what I do need.

3. cleaning the house. It's very dusty. It's like someone is not doing her job around here... :D 

4. Watching Only Murders in the Building. I have no idea whodunnit and I love it when I'm stumped.

What are you looking forward to?

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

What are you looking forward to?

Golf today, hopefully some time in my workshop throughout the rest of the week (now that it's finally cooling off), movie nights with my Boyz--we did the Nolan Batman trilogy last weekend and this weekend will be the Matrix trilogy, and generally just a nice calm week of family life.  Wednesday is bills day and Thursday is pay day, I always enjoy those. :D

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, DrFeelgood said:

Golf today, hopefully some time in my workshop throughout the rest of the week (now that it's finally cooling off), movie nights with my Boyz--we did the Nolan Batman trilogy last weekend and this weekend will be the Matrix trilogy, and generally just a nice calm week of family life.  Wednesday is bills day and Thursday is pay day, I always enjoy those. :D

That sounds like an awesome week coming up! How did the Boyz like the Batman trilogy? 

1 hour ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

That sounds like an awesome week coming up! How did the Boyz like the Batman trilogy? 

They enjoyed them, but I think I poisoned the well a little bit by telling them that the 2nd one was by far the best.   We finished each movie by heading to Youtube and watching the corresponding HISHE, which has long been my favorite channel.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, DrFeelgood said:

They enjoyed them, but I think I poisoned the well a little bit by telling them that the 2nd one was by far the best.   We finished each movie by heading to Youtube and watching the corresponding HISHE, which has long been my favorite channel.

The second one IS the best. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

The second one IS the best. 

QFT.

Also, the HISHE for Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is the only thing you need to see of Indy 4. Skip the film (unless you've already wasted those two hours). ?

• Like 2

TimovieMan: funnier than you think he is; not as funny as he thinks he is...

Active challenges: Don't log, remain sensible | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

Old threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII | XXIII

2 hours ago, TimovieMan said:

QFT.

Also, the HISHE for Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is the only thing you need to see of Indy 4. Skip the film (unless you've already wasted those two hours). ?

I did watch it. It was…weird.  I’ll probably watch this latest one when it’s available to rent with adjusted expectations 

• Like 1

Good morning!

This morning was scale check-in and it was unremarkable. Yesterday was my 100 day streak of logging food on Lose it! I think I may celebrate by taking a day off. It's been a helpful app for me, and I've lost 15 pounds since using it consistently. But I'm not done. I'm at 227. 5 and I am aiming for 225 for the end of the month. And then for October, I'm aiming for 218. I'm not mentally caught up to being 227 yet, but if I think about it too much, then I don't do the work. This is true for everything in my life. If I think about it too much, I don't do the work. Knowing this, I just gotta get up and get going. :D 

This was a good week!  Everything I was looking forward to happened, and then some. I don't think I could ask for more. :)

My nephew's marching band festival was great! His band was not the best, but it was also the youngest. Most of the kids in that band are 7th graders, so they're not at the same level as high school bands yet. I'm really proud of him.  

Mom and I did buy a lot of nice tops for the fall, and the best part is it all mixes and matches with all my pants so I have countless outfits but not a stuffed closet.  It was really fun to take a whole afternoon and just go shopping like we used to. Dad is getting used to being more independent.  That's a whole journey too. 

We watched Only Murders and I loved this week's episode and am completely stumped. It could be anyone!

The house is cleaner, and I'll be doing more cleaning today. Mom and I are deep cleaning mode, which is weirdly fun. It's different than regular cleaning, so it doesn't feel like drudgery.

• Like 7

Congrats on a great week.  I've been looking forward to sending Peach her first college care package.  It arrived today and I'm excited for her to get home from work tonight to open it.  

I've seen the first 2 seasons of OMITB.  I do enjoy it and it's easy to get hooked.  It's a little ... silly? so we took a break before jumping into the 3rd season.  I did get DDG to agree to try The Marvelous Mrs Maizel.  I've seen the first couple seasons but it's been awhile so we're starting from the beginning.  

I just downloaded the Lose It app.  I'm curious about.  I had given up on logging because I got so tired of it.  But I could use a little more accountability or something.  

• Like 2

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

16 hours ago, Shello said:

Congrats on a great week.  I've been looking forward to sending Peach her first college care package.  It arrived today and I'm excited for her to get home from work tonight to open it.  

OOOH how did she like it?

I've seen the first 2 seasons of OMITB.  I do enjoy it and it's easy to get hooked.  It's a little ... silly?

The silliness is why I love it so much. Howard is my best boy. 

I did get DDG to agree to try The Marvelous Mrs Maizel.  I've seen the first couple seasons but it's been awhile so we're starting from the beginning.  

That's a show I really enjoyed but needed breaks in between seasons. 

I just downloaded the Lose It app.  I'm curious about.  I had given up on logging because I got so tired of it.  But I could use a little more accountability or something.  

I hope it's a good tool for you!

• Like 1