Forums are back in action! ×

Weight Loss PVP: 10 or 12 lbs in 10 or 12 Weeks! [Mar 27 - Jun 18, 2023)

1 minute ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

I didn’t lose weight this week, but honestly I am thrilled to not have gained weight. There was a lot of bread. So much bread. 
Good Night GIF by Michelle Porucznik

Bread gets me in trouble, too. I love it so much.

Glad to see you're content with no gain, though. That is still a big accomplishment!

• Like 1

You don't have to be perfect, you just have to be better than you were before. Do that every day and you will succeed.

I'm glad to report that the scale shifted downward for me this check in. Yay! It felt like a good week overall in terms of my calorie consumption, workouts and water consumption. Glad to see the scale reward me. I recognize though, that especially with me just having picked up weight training seriously again, that I'll probably not see downward shifts every week. That's okay.

Hope that everyone's doing well this Monday!

• Like 3

“Stay afraid, but do it anyway. What’s important is the action. You don’t have to wait to be confident. Just do it and eventually the confidence will follow.” Carrie Fisher

Whoops, forgot to report in.

My weekly weigh-in had me at 3.2 lbs less than last week, so yours truly is a happy camper. ?

My weight last week was a pound higher than the week before that, so considering a two-week period, a 2.2 lbs loss is less spectacular, but still... ?

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 3

TimovieMan: funnier than you think he is; not as funny as he thinks he is...

Active challenges: Don't log, remain sensible | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

Old threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII | XXIII

25 minutes ago, TimovieMan said:

My weight last week was a pound higher than the week before that, so considering a two-week period, a 2.2 lbs loss is less spectacular, but still... ?

I think it's pretty spectacular!

• Thanks 1

“Stay afraid, but do it anyway. What’s important is the action. You don’t have to wait to be confident. Just do it and eventually the confidence will follow.” Carrie Fisher

I have not been doing a super great job following my plan, but I have managed to keep up with the exercise every day. As of today, however, I am down 2.6 lbs! I don't expect this rate of weight loss to continue, though, because I'm pretty sure this is fueled by a combination of under eating and over exercising thanks to being really busy/planned sports events and some religious food restrictions.  Still, it's very nice to see. I won't have access to a scale tomorrow, so I recorded my weight a day early this week.

• Like 5

Wood Elf Waywatcher Mandalorian (Assassin/Ranger hybrid)

Oops, I meant to watch for the beginning of this round, but I missed it...joining in late, which is actually ok timing for me because I've been succeeding pretty well with my current challenge goals (mainly focusing on nutrient-dense food, exercise and sleep) but not really losing weight, so I have a new plan starting tomorrow: trying the 4:3 diet, which means three days per week semi-fasting/limited to 500-600 calories. I like to eat a variety of foods and find constant tracking really hard and stressful to keep up with, so I'm hoping that having a specific plan I don't have to think about every day will help. 

I'm going to shoot for the full 12 lbs in the 10 remaining weeks because this is a new plan for me, so hopefully I'll have some beginners luck...but I'd be pretty happy with 10, too. Will weigh in in the morning, try to eat reasonably, and do my first "fast" day on Tuesday.

• Like 6

I may check in with weight tomorrow if I'm feeling better/less bloated and heavy. Today would've been an artificial weight had I bothered.

I don't know if it was food poisoning or just something not sitting well but I had horrible stomach cramps and nausea all day yesterday. I didn't eat until dinner (soup). Of course, soup = sodium and upset tummy = not a lot of liquid. Add those two together and hello bloat and water weight! Today's focus is getting some good healthy fuel (making a veggie chickpea curry for lunches this week) and lots of water to help banish the bloat and puffiness. If I feel I've succeeded come tomorrow morning, I'll weigh. If not, I'll just skip this week.

• Like 1

You don't have to be perfect, you just have to be better than you were before. Do that every day and you will succeed.

Starting weight: 258.4

Week 1: 259.2 (up 0.8)

Week 2: 258.4 (down 0.8)

I forgot to report in last week.  But as it turns out it didn't matter.  I'm right back where I started.  It's about 7 weeks to my wedding now and it would be really nice to get below 250 by then.  I think I'm on the right path.  I feel really good about my routine.  I just need to be able to handle those days where I can't follow my routine for one reason or another.  Hopefully things will calm down after this coming week.  

• Like 6

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

2 minutes ago, Shello said:

I forgot to report in last week.  But as it turns out it didn't matter.  I'm right back where I started.  It's about 7 weeks to my wedding now and it would be really nice to get below 250 by then.  I think I'm on the right path.  I feel really good about my routine.  I just need to be able to handle those days where I can't follow my routine for one reason or another.  Hopefully things will calm down after this coming week.  

I have a wedding to attend around the same time... I haven't bought my dress yet because I was hoping to drop some inches and maybe fit into a slightly smaller size...

Here's to us making progress and hitting wedding goals! Also, congratulations!

• Like 2

I'm more than a little late but I'd like to join in!  Since January I've managed to lose about 8 pounds with my doctor's help and we are aiming for another 40-50 pounds total.  I'll weigh in tomorrow morning and track though June 2nd (vacation starts on the 3rd) My goal for the next 8 weeks is 5 pounds.  I'll focus on protein and veggies with limited sweets (with a focus on paleo foods)  Exercise will be jui-jitsu, walking, with some strength and yoga too.  My goal it to do something active every day, no matter how little or simple.   

Congratulations @Shello on your upcoming wedding!!!!

• Like 4

Ranger-Monk Hybrid - Do all the things and lots of BJJ

I am a strong little powerhouse 

Current Challenge: Terra turns 50?!?!?

2 hours ago, Darciana said:

Here's to us making progress and hitting wedding goals! Also, congratulations!

I've already bought a dress but it's really just a sundress, nothing fancy.  I might go out and shop for another.  I ordered it online and wanted to order a smaller size (it's a little big already) but by the time I got to it, they were out of the smaller size.   

We got this!  Thank you

2 hours ago, Terra said:

Congratulations @Shello on your upcoming wedding!!!!

Thank You!

• Like 3

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

3 hours ago, Shello said:

Shiba Inu Art GIF by Chibird
You’ll see the number go down again. You’ve had a tough week. 

• Like 2

Lost a pound over the past week, which is great considering that it was an "off" week, overall. I partially adhered to better eating and I only exercised twice. So, yeah... Pretty good, all things considered.

I'm going to really try to focus this week and stick to my plan (excepting Thursday, which is my 10 year wedding anniversary - we're going to a nice dinner).

• Like 5

Starting weight: 216.8 lbs - 98.35 kg

Week 1: 213.6 lbs - 96.9 kg (-3.2 lbs / -1.45 kg)

Week 2: 211.5 lbs - 95.95 kg (-2.1 lbs / -0.95 kg)

I was smart enough to do my weigh-in just before an evening with friends that always includes a LOT of eating.

I've had not one but two heavy eating days since this weigh-in, though, so the rest of the week is going to be damage control...

• Like 5

TimovieMan: funnier than you think he is; not as funny as he thinks he is...

Active challenges: Don't log, remain sensible | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

Old threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII | XXIII

Posting again, this time for accountability reasons...

I really need to kick my behind into gear this week and next. In 2 weeks (from today) I leave on a business trip. My slacks are reaaaaal tight and have me a smidgen worried I'll rip at the seams if I'm not careful. I haven't worn these things in 3 years but they want business casual and I don't want to buy more clothes I'll wear only once or twice a year if that. So squeezing into these suckers is the ultimate goal.

Granted, I tried them on today still feeling heavy, bloated, and dealing with an awful case of water retention from what I now believe to have been the 12 hour stomach bug. But still, I'd like a little wiggle room. I'm not asking for 10lbs (I wish but not healthy) just to banish a bit of girth around the middle to not be so worried.

• Like 3

I'm up a pound this week from 2 weeks ago, but a lot has happened. I've got a lot of work to do between today and next Monday as I leave for my business trip next Tuesday and I've got some slacks to fit into!

Overall, I'm quite happy. I got a reality check by hitting 160 again (after I said I never would see that again... I ate those words. Along with all the other foods, apparently) and I spent the weekend, despite having friends in town, getting back into my good habits and managed to drop 2 lbs through it.

This week, the man is away on business Tuesday-Thursday so I've got some healthier dinners on deck those days and today I'm making air-fried tofu stuffed bell peppers for lunches Monday-Thursday. I've got my kettlebell strength and C25K workouts Monday-Wednesday-Friday and the option of yoga, stationary bike, and rower for Tuesday and Thursday. Even better? I'm alone in the house while stepson is away at school and work so I can have dance parties or pace while on work calls without disturbing anybody else to get extra movement. Especially nice as the man and I share an office so we can very easily distract each other.

• Like 3

I had a tough week with extra stressful events, associated bothering and finally getting kind of sick, so I only managed to do two "fasting" days instead of the three I had planned. The rest of the time I ate whatever I wanted (though I did try to make decent choices for the most part, one of my challenge goals at the moment is to eat lots of fruits and vegetables) and today I'm down almost two pounds. This is probably a combo effect involving the fact that I just got back from vacation and started eating more reasonably again and the beginning of a new diet plan, but I'll take it. Curious to see how the next week will go if I do hit my three scheduled days! 

The fasting days were a bit uncomfortable/distracting but not too bad, and I'm hoping they'll become more comfortable as I get used to them. 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Darciana said:

Overall, I'm quite happy.

Yeah! This is a blip, your slacks will be very comfy next Tuesday. Or you’ll have new slacks and call them your holiday/travel pants when you need a little extra room ? either way, you’ll look fabulous.  I have a pair of roomy pants just for traveling/stressful occasions and I’m always happy for them. They don’t fit for regular days but I wore them for surgery day and I was like “I love you,  roomy pants”?

1 hour ago, Eldgee said:

today I'm down almost two pounds.

That’s really impressive given the week you had! How are you feeling?

• Like 2

I’m down a pound and feeling good. I really cut down on inflammatory foods since I wanted to heal after eye surgery and that seems to have done the trick. Veggie, fruit, and short walks. This week is more of the same. No bending or strenuous activity and my doc said yard work is not advisable this summer. ? My nephew is gonna help my mom with that. 

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

I’m down a pound and feeling good. I really cut down on inflammatory foods since I wanted to heal after eye surgery and that seems to have done the trick. Veggie, fruit, and short walks. This week is more of the same. No bending or strenuous activity and my doc said yard work is not advisable this summer. ? My nephew is gonna help my mom with that. 

Ugh, I had eye surgery 2 years ago at the end of February in hopes that I'd be mostly healed by summer. It was awful! I've always been light sensitive, but oh did being out on the lake on a sunny day really really suck that year hahah Most days were tolerable with a good pair of sunglasses per doc's orders, but that lake reflection was no joke. Sunglasses and hat didn't quite cut it that day... Now I forget I ever had surgery!

I hope your healing comes along delightfully and quickly ❤️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

my doc said yard work is not advisable this summer. ?

The whole summer?!  Sorry to hear that.  I know you look forward to the yard work.  More walks this summer?   

• Like 2

Week 3: 258.4 (down 0.0)

I am honestly pretty happy with maintaining.  The last half of the week had a lot going on.   DDG's mom passed away the weekend before so his entire family was in town for all the ceremonies and whatnot.  Thursday, Friday, and Saturday meals were mostly eaten out of the house either out at restaurants or at gatherings with food options out of my control.  I just did the best I could.  Workouts all got skipped too so I'm happy with not gaining anything.  I am looking forward to getting back to routine this week.  

• Sad 4