Forums are back in action! ×

Motivational and Inspirational Quotes

My perfectionist brain has to remember this lovely quote!

capture.jpg

I have to remember that just because I can't do it perfectly right now, doesn't mean I have to stop!

Starting weight: 195    Now weight: 160

A past will chase you if you try to escape from it, but once you confront it, it's just an old memory inside you.

“Not one day in anyone’s life is an uneventful day, no day without profound meaning,

no matter how dull and boring it might seem,

no matter whether you are a seamstress or a queen, a shoeshine boy, or a movie star,

a renowned philosopher or a Down’s-syndrome child.

Because in every day of your life, there are opportunities to perform little kindnesses for others,

both by conscious acts of will and unconscious example. Each smallest act of kindness

— even just words of hope when they are needed, the remembrance of a birthday,

a compliment that engenders a smile—reverberates across great distances and spans of time,

affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo,

because kindness is passed on and grows each time it’s passed,

until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away.

Likewise, each small meanness, each thoughtless expression of hatred, each envious and bitter act,

regardless of how petty, can inspire others, and is therefore the seed that ultimately produces evil fruit,

poisoning people whom you have never met and never will. All human lives are so profoundly and intricately entwined

— those dead, those living, those generations yet to come—that the fate of all is the fate of each,

and the hope of humanity rests in every heart and in every pair of hands. Therefore, after every failure,

we are obliged to strive again for success, and when faced with the end of one thing, we must build something new and better in the ashes,

just as from pain and grief, we must weave hope, for each of us is a thread critical to the strength

— to the very survival of the human tapestry.

Every hour in every life contains such often-unrecognized potential to affect the world that the great days and thrilling possibilities

are combined always in this momentous day.â€
― Dean Koontz, From the corner of his eye

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Spread love and understanding. Use force if necessary." - Leon Trotsky

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

"If you do strange things, strange things will happen!"

"That's it! Now go make something beautiful." -Jake Parker

"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love."

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky

Motivation will almost always beat mere talent. -Norman R. Augustine

Clear your mind of can’t. -Samuel Johnson

“Happiness consists in getting enough sleep. Just that, nothing more.†  Starship Troopers

“There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.†  Starship Troopers

“Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and their freedoms†  Starship Troopers

Follow and comment for my current challenge at this link:  

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/39940-toms-adventures-in-rangering

And this is my Battle Log

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/38791-early-morning-challange/page-2

"I will. I can. I must" - Eric Thomas

If you can create fear, you can destroy it. - Unknown & paraphrased

"Make a choice. You just decide what its gonna be, who you're gonna be, how you're gonna do it. Just decide" - Will Smith

"There's no reason to have a 'Plan B', it only distracts you from Plan A" - Will Smith

"Pain is temporary. It may last for a minute, an hour or a day. Or even a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it'll last forever" - Eric Thomas

My Jobs Career field motto gets me motivated on tough days

The Strong Will Stand; The Weak Will Fall By The Wayside!!!  USAF TACP motto

“Happiness consists in getting enough sleep. Just that, nothing more.†  Starship Troopers

“There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.†  Starship Troopers

“Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and their freedoms†  Starship Troopers

Follow and comment for my current challenge at this link:  

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/39940-toms-adventures-in-rangering

And this is my Battle Log

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/38791-early-morning-challange/page-2

"The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now."-- Chinese proverb

"When it comes down to it, life is a mind game. If you have trained for it, that's 10% of the battle. 90% is to convince yourself you can do the damn thing."-- My dad, just before we went on a 160km bike race :)

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a ride!â€
Hunter S. Thompson

Current ChallengePrevious Challenge, Daily Battle Log

Level 1 Hobbit Scout

STR 5|DEX 1|STA 5|CON 2|WIS 1|CHA 1

"Be on one's honor: to accept and acknowledge personal responsibility for one's actions"

Dictionary.com

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

“Do not depend on the hope of results. You may have to face the fact that your work will be apparently worthless and even achieve no result at all, if not perhaps results opposite to what you expect. As you get used to this idea, you start more and more to concentrate not on the results, but on the value, the rightness, the truth of the work itself. You gradually struggle less and less for an idea and more and more for specific people. In the end, it is the reality of personal relationship that saves everything.†

~Thomas Merton

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

"You can say sorry a million times, Say "I love you" as much as you want,

say whatever you want, whenever you want.

But if you're not going to prove that the things you say are true,

then don't say anything at all.
Because if you can't show it your words don't mean a thing."

I'll have to try to find an author to this quote. Maybe it is anonymous.

First bumped into it at quotesdump.com, but it seems to be in other

places too.

This video in this article actually has a good message that can be spread through multiple aspects of life.

Basically "You wouldn't talk to others like that, so why do it to yourself?"

http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/special-k-39-39-fat-talk-39-ad-205200658.html

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

"Here's my definition of commitment:

If you don't achieve your objective, someone will cut off the index finger of your writing hand below the second knuckle."

- Mimi Donaldson in Negotiating for Dummies

"The day you started lifting is the day you became forever small because you will never be as big as you want to be." - Dom Mazetti

Completely true for me for basically my entire life until recently. Now it's motivational because I no longer want my body image to have so much power over me.

"I like you just the way you are" - Mr. Rogers

In Br0din's name we gain.

This is one that I have hanging on my wall (no idea who it's attributed to):

"There is no elevator to success. You have to take the stairs."

Level 3 Bearded Assassin

Str: 10     Dex: 9     Sta: 6     Con: 7     Wis: 4     Cha: 3

Current Challenge: Respawn    Past Challenges: 1 2 3

Daily Battle Log   Album

"I'm not losing weight. I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of ever finding it again."