Forums are back in action! ×

Century Push

milythael

i know right! I could only do 1. wow look how much i improved! =D I didn't do any Wednesday because I was completely swamped with school work. I'll try to do some tonight though! if i can get that small break between homework!

Edit: oh and this weekend i'm gonna see how many I can do in a row with out other sets first! I'm aiming for 25

Challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/24724-rain13-hell-yea-im-back/#entry419693

level: 2Race: Elf | Class: Druid/Assassin | Height: 5'8 | Weight: 135lbsStrength: 7 | Dexterity: 4 | Stamina: 4 1/2 | Constitution: 6 | Wisdom: 7 | Charisma: 4

Instead of doing a standard push-up workout, today I did it crossfit style ...

15 minute AMRAP:

15 push-ups

10 squats

10 sit-ups

5 pull-ups

8 rounds + 4 sit-ups (okay, I had to finish the round, so 9 rounds in 15:47)

good little bit of cardio+push-up+pull-up training

To find piece with myself
I must first find a piece of myself

I am the worst at updating my pushups :-( I have been doing mine but I have to repeat week 5 didn't get to my min max for day 3...though my cold may be somewhat at fault...no excuses though. I will get to 100!

Reach your limits and then surpass them.

Blindasutsutsu
My Current Challenge:
Class: Ranger
Race: Human
STR:13.5 DEX:8.5 STA: 10.5 CON:6 WIS:5 CHA:6.5

Decided to do this challenge a few days ago. Today I did my initial test - 13 pushups. Tomorrow I'm starting, following a MWF schedule. Anyone have any tips?

"If we take man as he is, we make him worse. But if we take man as he should be, we make him capable of becoming what he can be."

--Viktor Frankl paraphrasing Goethe

Decided to do this challenge a few days ago. Today I did my initial test - 13 pushups. Tomorrow I'm starting, following a MWF schedule. Anyone have any tips?

Just keep pushing, just keep pushing. It will take time to increase your amount but keep going with it and you will get there.

Reach your limits and then surpass them.

Blindasutsutsu
My Current Challenge:
Class: Ranger
Race: Human
STR:13.5 DEX:8.5 STA: 10.5 CON:6 WIS:5 CHA:6.5

I'm back after one week of rest! I kinda needed it. I have decided to re-do the same week to get started again. So today was:

17 19 15 15 30

I can't say I feel full of energy and pushing powers, but if not enough rest was not the cause of my weakness, what else could it be?

Nuala, level 13 Robot mistress of pain, Assassin Guild leader

First journey: The Rise and fall of an Assassin

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13

Second journey: Crawling back

Welcome back Nuala! :)

Hey guys unfortunately I have to drop this challenge :( I have too much going on with school right now and I don't have much free time. If I do i am extremely tired and have absolutly no energy for push ups. Good luck everyone! I will keep track of how you all are doing though

Challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/24724-rain13-hell-yea-im-back/#entry419693

level: 2Race: Elf | Class: Druid/Assassin | Height: 5'8 | Weight: 135lbsStrength: 7 | Dexterity: 4 | Stamina: 4 1/2 | Constitution: 6 | Wisdom: 7 | Charisma: 4

Awww too bad Rain!!! You were going so great!!!

Oh well, you can come over here on the cheerleader bench to cheer everyone else on ;)

"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection"

Epic Quest: Sif's list of awesome

Challenge: let's smash another year #low-carb #push-ups #intermittent fasting

Spoiler

Sif rises once more (~2020): 1

The Return of Sif (~2018): 1, 2, 34567, 8

The Age of Kibcy (~2012/13): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIN, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Well, ok, you have a good reason, but still. *sad face* Do your best with school and rest as much as you can! I'll be looking forward you progress :)

10 10 13 13 10 10 9 31

Still difficult. I don't really get why I don't make any progresses and even worse, why it's getting harder even on small sets. I was hoping to get at least 50 by the end of the challenge, but if it keeps on like this, it will be really unlikely.

Sorry Nuala =/ Hopefully I'll have time next challenge :) Also I'm gonna try to do push ups at least once a week. I'll let you know if i make more that 20! Also just keep pushing! but not too hard. You don't want to hurt yourself :) Good luck! I'll be cheering for you! Go Nuala Go! :)

So, I skipped my session this week-end. Saturday was depression day. I did nothing but play Might & Magic 7 (yes, I like old games) and frankly that was already a lot, better than staying in the bed all day, for sure. Therefore, today I did the skipped session meaning:

13 13 15 15 12 12 10 35

I still have 3 sessions to cram into this week to complete my challenge, not sure if I will handle them well. Weird thing is, my legs fails me before my arms, around rep 28, my knees starts shaking and even if my arms could do another push-up, my legs disagree and I fall on my knees. Any ideas why?

[edit]I managed to do 9 diamond push-ups too!

my knees starts shaking and even if my arms could do another push-up, my legs disagree and I fall on my knees. Any ideas why?

my legs used to do that too.

It is possibly a core issue. you might try one max plank at the end of your pushup workouts

That's what I thought at first, but, on the other hand, I do planks every now and then and they usually last more than 3 minutes and I don't think it takes me that long to do 35 push-ups.

But you're right. Just in case I'll do even more plank and core exercises.

That's what I thought at first, but, on the other hand, I do planks every now and then and they usually last more than 3 minutes and I don't think it takes me that long to do 35 push-ups.

But you're right. Just in case I'll do even more plank and core exercises.

a 3 minute plank is pretty good, it might be something else...

Ya, my legs and whole body used to shake like crazy at the end of my pushup sets. I was in a class at the gym once and we were doing pushups and I stopped because I probably looked like I was having a seizure and I didn't want to worry the instructor. Now I hardly shake at all at the end of my sets. I think it's either because I can't do as many as I used to or possibly because I can hold more weight overhead now.

The first time I held 95lb overhead while standing (3ish years ago) my torso was shaking like crazy. Now I can hold 155 ish overhead without much shaking. Maybe you need something more strength oriented than plank?

Or you could just do what you've been doing. It shouldn't keep you from progressing, It'll just be annoying.

Aww I didn't see this earlier =/ sorry it took me a while to reply Kibcy. But now we can both cheer them on!

Nuala I have no Idea what the shaking in your legs could be. I think I agree with Phylanx though. Maybe it's lower abs? or maybe your thigh muscles? When I do push ups I sort of in a way distribute the weight through my whole body. Hope this helped!

Oh and for an update on how I'm doing. I can just easily crank out 12 pushups now in the middle of my normal work out! I'm super excited! I still have yet to try a max set but I will do that soon! I also haven't had time to work out more than 1-2 times a week :( but oh well i'll get back in to it.

Doing my 2 missed sessions was over my strength so I just decided to test my max today and I did 40. That's less than I hoped but still, twice my initial score.

I said it earlier, but I'm definitely not convinced by the 100pushups website. I don't really get the math behind the program and I have yet to see some real results. I will probably continue aiming for 100 push-ups. But this time I'll do it my own way even if I don't know what it will be.

By the way, I did 1820 push-ups during this challenge. Not bad, but could do better! Anyway, this challenge is over for me. Not sure I will do another push-up related challenge next time :P

I want to make a realistic pushup program. One that is simple and that an average person can progress on for a good amount of time.

here's what I'm thinking...

every workout is 5 sets with 1 minute rest. The first 4 sets are a fixed number of pushups. The last set is a max set to failure of at least the same reps as the other sets and as soon as your arms give out get back into a pushup position and do a negative as slow as you can. 2-3 workouts per week. Each new workout you add one pushup to your sets.

start with high incline pushups, when sets of 25 are reached move to low incline, when sets of 25 low incline are reached go to regular.

when beginning, or moving to a new progression, shoot for a set number that will allow at least 5 extra reps for your final set.

any thoughts?

criticisms?

test dummy volunteers?

Finished it. Went from 14 to 42. It's definitely very optimistic of recovery capacity. I would've liked more progress as I went from 14 to 28 in 2 weeks, then 28 to 42 in 4 weeks. Oh well, still progress. And 42 is much more impressive (and better) than 14.

I can now do 10-15 clapping (or whatever they're called) pushups too, they're a lot more fun than regular ones.

Ash nazg durbatulûk

Îα είσαι καλÏτεÏος άνθÏωπος από τον πατέÏα σου

â–²STR 7 | DEX 11 | STA 6 | CON 6 | WIS 9 | CHA 5â–²

I want to make a realistic pushup program. One that is simple and that an average person can progress on for a good amount of time.

here's what I'm thinking...

every workout is 5 sets with 1 minute rest. The first 4 sets are a fixed number of pushups. The last set is a max set to failure of at least the same reps as the other sets and as soon as your arms give out get back into a pushup position and do a negative as slow as you can. 2-3 workouts per week. Each new workout you add one pushup to your sets.

start with high incline pushups, when sets of 25 are reached move to low incline, when sets of 25 low incline are reached go to regular.

when beginning, or moving to a new progression, shoot for a set number that will allow at least 5 extra reps for your final set.

any thoughts?

criticisms?

test dummy volunteers?

I really like this plan! :)

Might have to try it out! When I get started on push ups again. For now I'm just using dumbbells to get my arms in any kind of shape.

My shoulders don't do well with doing any form of push ups. They are very weak I guess. And perhaps just not very mobile.

"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection"

Epic Quest: Sif's list of awesome

Challenge: let's smash another year #low-carb #push-ups #intermittent fasting

Spoiler

Sif rises once more (~2020): 1

The Return of Sif (~2018): 1, 2, 34567, 8

The Age of Kibcy (~2012/13): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89

I think I'll just try my arms on a pyramid system. Like 10 15 20 15 10 at first then increase the reps for each sets. I won't do more than 5 sets because it's actually a lot already :P

I'll tell you how it will fare.

Archived