Forums are back in action! ×

Funny things heard in my house:

I walked in to the house and heard this from the kitchen: "It tastes just like a monkey."

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

My daughters were plastered to the oldest's window last night, watching the fireworks.  I was trying to talk to my youngest, a quirky 5 year old.

Me: "Ok, Phee, come on, it's time to get ready for bed."

Her: "..."

Me: "I've got your pyjamas right here."

Her: "..."

Me: "Do you want help putting them on?"

Her: "Kinda busy here, dad! Go bug mom."

Me: "..."

• Like 4

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

2YO: want that! *points in random direction in the pantry

Me: This? *points at prepackaged brownies (just beginning Paleo journey)

2YO: No

Me: This? *points at jello cups

2YO: No

Me: This? *Points at green apple on table

2YO: No....oh ok yea that PWEASE!

Just now:

Me: Gabe, stop touching the tree

Gabe proceeds to knock entire tree down and high tailing it out the room laughing like the cookie monster

My youngest, while in k5, got in trouble for saying "Damn It" on the playground,(we have always put our kids in a private Baptist academy), a few weeks later, we were in the car and the subject changed to how we use our words to either help or hurt others. We gave the youngest permission to tell his older brother a word you shouldn't say.

YOUNGEST: "You shouldn't say damn it."

ME: Very good

YOUNGEST: (whispered to brother) "And you shouldn't say sh*t either."

I almost wrecked the car, I was laughing so hard. My wife spit her iced coffee all over the dashboard.

• Like 3

Lv 2 Human Assassin
Str:4
Dex:3
Sta:2
Con:1
Wis:2
Cha:0
Motto: "Don't give up yet...You've still got a couple of M*therf*ckers to prove wrong!"
Previous Challenge:Challenge 1: Ryan's Quest for Inner Peace

[quote name="GoodDoug" post="760145" timestamp="

My now 10 yo daughter when she was about 6:

"I don't believe in Santa Claus or Darth Vader"

How can you not believe in Vader!

Lv 2 Human Assassin
Str:4
Dex:3
Sta:2
Con:1
Wis:2
Cha:0
Motto: "Don't give up yet...You've still got a couple of M*therf*ckers to prove wrong!"
Previous Challenge:Challenge 1: Ryan's Quest for Inner Peace

I'm subbing this thread for when I can contribute in a few years.

• Like 1

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

"Yes, for the last time, send ALL the meatballs to China! The meatballs are highly explosive, and we're trying to BLOW UP CHINA! How difficult is this for you?!?!"

My middle girl has this weird private storyline whenever she gets ahold of something that she can pretend is a cel phone.  In this story, she is the president of the largest corporation in the world, and they make everything from babies to meatballs to video games... but they ALL EXPLODE! And all she's trying to do is blow up every other country that's competing with her.  And firing her assistants. And then blowing up her assistants. She's 8.

• Like 2

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

This is the best thread!

In the bath with my 4,5 yr old son. He pours water on my belly button (im pregnant)

Son: im giving my little brother a bath.

Eating fruit loops cereal: mom poop loops taste really good, can i eat this every morning?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Level 7 Yogini green witch

STR 3 - DEX 3 - STA 10 - CON 12 - WIS 13 - CHA 6

Previous challenges : 1 || 2 || 3 || 4 || 5 || 6|| 7 || || 9 || 10 || 11

Current challenge : august 2020

Mantra : I am calm, I am love

My house is always full of funny conversations! My husband has a gift for making me laugh, and my son is slowly picking up on his traits. Our dinner conversations are always the best. 

But one of the funniest things I heard out of my husband was at the self-checkout kiosk at Walmart:

Self-Checkout Kiosk at Wal-Mart: "Please take your change."

My husband in a stern and audible tone: "Don't tell me how to live my life."

And one excuse my then 7 year old said to me when I was trying to wake him up for school:

"I can't get up, my head is stuck under the pillow!"

• Like 1

Rising Heroes Faction: HAVIK 

Fitbit | Art Page | Instagram

7: "Can I try your coffee?"

Me : "Sure buddy. Small sip. "

Sip... Eyes go wide, spits it back into the cup.

7: "It tastes like peanuts, milk, and throw up!"

"Yeah, it does now that you spit in it..."

• Like 3

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Kiddo: "Mom! Get off the ice!"

Me: "I told you, I'm clean now."

I have a herniated disc and I have to ice it for 30 minutes, 3 times a day and usually my kiddo helps me keep track of the time. That was how the conversation went last night when I had already pulled the ice pack off and he announced my time was up 10 minutes late. 

• Like 1

Rising Heroes Faction: HAVIK 

Fitbit | Art Page | Instagram

10649679_10203230952069511_5448074637727

Zombie was  playing checkers with Ezra (the dog). ... he says she's not very good

I got home and Zombie said "oh hey I made you an Apple smoothie ... but I drank it"

one morning I woke up and looked over at Zombie who was laying on the couch... he says to me "morning" I said "yup" he says "mom the proper response to 'morning' is 'morning'" I said "ok" he goes "morning" I said "morning he goes "morning" I said "morning he goes "morning" I said "morning" he goes "morning" I said "morning" he says "ok I think you got it I am going back to sleep now" rolls over and snores

• Like 2

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

My sister is a 1st grade teacher... she comes home with the best:

My favorite first grade quote of the day (upon returning from the office): 
"Ms. F-, I don't know why that bad thing is back inside me. That thing that tells me to do bad things. He got in there again."

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Arian, arian, zehetzen da burnia. -Basque proverb

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

2017 Goals: Maintain BW BS, 100kg DL - Muscle Up - 1/2 Marathon Condition - Abs

My wife often calls me a sissy because when I get the flu, it's the plagued man flu. Yesterday I had a viral bug I cought off my 11 month old. The child sat there looked at me and went 'Dada sissy" and began to laugh.

Another day I sat and whispered to her day momma is a d*ck my wife came in and right in cue my child said 'dada diok' wasn't the word exactly but her laugh leads me to believe what was intended

I'm the Guy who lifts stuff.

Bodyfat: 14%   Weight: 74 Kilos

ORM Bench press : 58 Kilos     ORM Deadlift : 115 kilos       ORM Squat : 75 kilos