Forums are back in action! ×

What made you smile today?

I'm gonna write a book. ...

And the nerds in the academy are so amazing

hmmmm... sent by magic.... or fairies.... or small woodland creatures maybe? how does this thing work?

• Like 1

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

I'm gonna write a book. ...

And the nerds in the academy are so amazing

hmmmm... sent by magic.... or fairies.... or small woodland creatures maybe? how does this thing work?

Awesome!  What kind of book?  Fantasy fiction?  Sci-fi?  Non-fiction/self-help?  So many choices!

High Elf-Rakshasa Assassin | LVL 16 | STR: 18 | DEX: 11 | STA: 13 | CON: 6 | WIS: 18 | CHA: 19

Awesome!  What kind of book?  Fantasy fiction?  Sci-fi?  Non-fiction/self-help?  So many choices!

I guess self-help?

a sort of cookbook... with my bio and a little bit of how to.... and personal recipes :D

I am going to use it as a way to earn some funds while I am convalescing and help pay my way to camp... (short term disability SUCKS and is terrible to have to rely on especially when you live pay check to paycheck)... 

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Don't use my real name, please

Choose from any option below, thank you:

Ian Pennywistle

I like this one. ... but feel THIS is the name that needs a title. .. sir Ian

Spoiler

That was beautiful!

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Spread love and understanding. Use force if necessary." - Leon Trotsky

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

"If you do strange things, strange things will happen!"

"That's it! Now go make something beautiful." -Jake Parker

Just got this text from my fiance...

"I weighed myself and only lost a couple of ounces. so i measured my stomach AND i lost 3 1/2 inches. woo renewed hope that im still improving"

This is after she had been struggling with the idea of muscle canceling out weight loss and a couple other factors that made her a bit worried that she wasn't headed in the right direction.

• Like 2

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Just got this text from my fiance...

"I weighed myself and only lost a couple of ounces. so i measured my stomach AND i lost 3 1/2 inches. woo renewed hope that im still improving"

This is after she had been struggling with the idea of muscle canceling out weight loss and a couple other factors that made her a bit worried that she wasn't headed in the right direction.

This is fantastic. I'm really happy for her. I have been moving back and forth between 148 and 151 for months now and the only thing that keeps me going is losing inches. I'm not sure where all she measures but, if she's not already, I would suggest that she measures a bunch of different places so that even if her stomach suddenly doesn't change much from one measurement to the next, she can see where she's changing elsewhere. I measure my waist (women's waists are the narrowest places on their torso), across my navel, my thigh, calf, wrist, forearm, and neck. I wish I'd started measuring my upper arm when I started all of this but for some reason I didn't think of it so now I just don't bother with it.

2016 goals: Hit goal weight. Build muscle.

2015 goals: Get stronger, stop loathing squats and get better at them - DONE!!!

2014 goal: Lose 52.5 lbs. - DONE!!! 12/13/14

MFP

I'm a trainer & was hanging out with a friend the other day.  Aforementioned friend hates exercise & our visits usually center around getting coffee or other stationary activities.  Nothing wrong with that, I just know not to ask her if she wants to go to the gym with me cause the answer will always be NO.

So, we're chilling & out of nowhere she asks me, "Can you show me how to do barbell training & give me an orientation in the gym.  I want to get strong, especially upper body."

HALLELUJAH!!  I about cried I was so excited!  :pride:

Granted, she then followed it up by saying it was because she was hoping it would motivate her boyfriend to start lifting weights & she really wanted to see him with super muscle-y arms.  I've heard of plenty of reasons of vanity for working out, but vanity on behalf of your significant other is a new one.

But hey, whatever her reasons, she's excited to get strong so it's another win for the Rebellion!!

• Like 2

High Elf-Rakshasa Assassin | LVL 16 | STR: 18 | DEX: 11 | STA: 13 | CON: 6 | WIS: 18 | CHA: 19

This is fantastic. I'm really happy for her. I have been moving back and forth between 148 and 151 for months now and the only thing that keeps me going is losing inches. I'm not sure where all she measures but, if she's not already, I would suggest that she measures a bunch of different places so that even if her stomach suddenly doesn't change much from one measurement to the next, she can see where she's changing elsewhere. I measure my waist (women's waists are the narrowest places on their torso), across my navel, my thigh, calf, wrist, forearm, and neck. I wish I'd started measuring my upper arm when I started all of this but for some reason I didn't think of it so now I just don't bother with it.

She does all over, we both do. Chest, stomach, hips, upper and lower legs, upper and lower arms... and I think that's it. I want to get calipers though to make it more sciency... :-)

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Pure gold

and this one is killing me, figuratively

I sexually Identify as an Attack Helicopter. Since I was a boy I dreamed of soaring over oilfields dropping hot sticky loads on disgusting foreigners. People say that being a helicopter is Impossible & I'm f'ing retarded but I don't care, I'm beautiful. I'm having a plastic surgeon install rotary blades/30mm cannons/AMG-114 Hellfire missiles on my body. From now on call me "Apache" & Respect my right to kill from above. If you cant accept me ur a heliphobe & need to check your vehicle privilege

Right after I posted the following to my FB Group, The Screaming Tortise Athletic Club ...

... while I was digging for quarters to pay the Garden State Parkway tolls for our trip down the Shore tomorrow, I found a very old nickel, from the year I was born

This is a talisman that I've been seeking for many years [there's something special about nickels that pennies, dimes & quarters don't have]

To find it, just after my proclamation, was a good omen, as I always break HMs down to "5 miles, another 5 miles, then a 5k"

Nickel, nickel, nickel

Cool! There is something about nickels and the number 5.

Buffalo is called the "Nickel City"

There are some old nickels that were made with a Buffalo, hence the nickname.

After a weekend of ups and downs, this made me laugh for a good while this morning. 

6FDiEtU.gif

• Like 2

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

Meanwhile in Amsterdam...

UW6.jpg?resize=720%2C540

This makes me laugh even more because the dude looks a lot like my friend Bas who lives in Friesland

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Arian, arian, zehetzen da burnia. -Basque proverb

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

2017 Goals: Maintain BW BS, 100kg DL - Muscle Up - 1/2 Marathon Condition - Abs

Backhanded compliment from my MMA coach.

Coach: "Some of you hit faster, some of you even hit harder, and some of you can go for longer... but no-one is pushing themselves as hard as Topper is."

Me: *raises head weakly, waves in acknowledgement, makes nauseous horfling noise as I try to stand back up*

• Like 2

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

found out a friend of mine had got himself an exceptionally cheap tape measure where the inch and cm are a bout 2 inch out, he'd been having trouble thinking he'd been screwing up and rushing for weeks, many lolz had by all :) (fyi english people are very comfortable being bad to their friends in the nicest possible way :P)

I just finished my first ever semester of grad school in a computer-focused program.  My remedial programming professor emailed me and said he plans on giving me an 'A', because he feels I am ready to move on, despite the fact that my last assignment has yet to be turned in.

Searching the world for a cure for my wanderlust.