Forums are back in action! ×

Day%2B12.JPG

Innocent balloon ride?  Mass extinction event?

• Like 1

1 Tim 4:7-8 "...train yourself for godliness; for while bodily training is of some value,

godliness is of value in every way, as it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come."

Current Challenge: ... this feature is still loading ...

Previous Challenges: Commiting to CommitUnashamedCoping through HopingChillaxes

I was SO excited to hear the boys this morning.  They both walked right under the dinosaurs in the dark and came into my room asking where all the dinos were.  I sent them out to hunt them down and then I heard from my youngest a huge gasp followed by wild giggling.  It made me so happy!

To top it off, the boys spent the next hour creating hot air balloons and airplanes out of shoe boxes.  Thank you, Lord, for fun and creative children!

airplanes.JPG

• Like 1

1 Tim 4:7-8 "...train yourself for godliness; for while bodily training is of some value,

godliness is of value in every way, as it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come."

Day%2B12.JPG

Innocent balloon ride?  Mass extinction event?

HAHA this one is great!  Time to find a new planet with decidedly less meteor crashes... ^_^

• Like 1

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

The T-Rex's arms were to short to make a flying machine :(

Hahaha!  Yes!

514_400x400_NoPeel.jpg?region=name:Front

and arts and crafts...

• Like 1

Day%2B13.JPG

When I was growing up we had a cat that used to do this...

Day%2B13.JPG

When I was growing up we had a cat that used to do this...

So did we. The key is to just put the TP roll on the wrong way, so it unrolls from the back and will just spin without unrolling when swatted from the front. You still get a few layers with claw holes in them, but just not TP all over the place.

• Like 2

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

The cat that I babysit does the same thing. They put the TP on backwards as well. Bugs the hell out of me, but I'd rather deal with that than TP all over the place.

"You won't find your answers by looking to the stars. It's a journey you'll have to take by looking inside yourself. You must write your destiny..." Christopher Reeve as Dr. Virgil Swann

Current challenge

Old Challenges: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th9th, 10th11th, 12th, 13th, 14th

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

The cat that I babysit does the same thing. They put the TP on backwards as well. Bugs the hell out of me, but I'd rather deal with that than TP all over the place.

I was so happy when our current cat grew out of it so I could put it on the right way again.

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I was so happy when our current cat grew out of it so I could put it on the right way again.

Our cats never cared about toilet paper.  Now plants.... that's a whoooole other story.  :(

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

Day%2B14.JPG

I can just imagine it now -

Kids: "Can we please have ice cream?"

Me: "No... the... uh.... the dinosaurs ate it all......."

• Like 3

My youngest has been asking when it will be HIS turn to set up the dinosaurs.  He is five.  Last night when I tucked him in I told him he could go put out the dinos.  This is what I woke up to this morning:

DSC07527.JPG

Yep!  Fruit and chocolate syrup!  Diet gone wrong?

• Like 2

We all had a late night last night, so the dinos had a little break today.

Day%2B16.JPG

Day%2B17.JPG

It was dark when they set up for their Bird-Watching-Extravaganza.  

On a side note: my sister recently caught a wild heron with nothing but a big blue plastic tub...  We call her the "Bird Whisperer" because she can catch our chickens faster than anyone and she's also caught wild song birds with her bare hands.  True story.

• Like 1

Today, while preheating the oven to bake some cookies, I noticed smoke sneaking out...  When I opened the door I found our two largest dino pals.

"Who put the dinosaurs in the oven?!?"

A%2BSad%2BDay.JPG

My youngest was just playing with them... and forgot he had put them in the oven...  They're melted, curled, and deformed.  Not to mention poor T-Rex now being legless!  I'm sure he's thinking, "Why couldn't it have been my arms!?"

LoLz. how did the surgery go!? Can we put humpty back together again?

500 / 330 / 625

LoLz. how did the surgery go!? Can we put humpty back together again?

I'd say that it didn't go well...  

Day%2B19%2Ba.JPG

Just in case any of you are worried about me damaging my childrens' psyche with this dino death stuff, you should know they've been exposed to farm life and the whole death thing already.  As a matter of fact, they were less interested in the fact that the dinos passed than they were about the frost that covered the ones who remained.  The conversation I overheard this morning went something like this:

"They're frosted!"

"Now we can eat the frosting!"

"Hey, don't lick your dinosaur!!"

• Like 3

Poor t-rex. What will the other dinos do without their ring leader!?

• Like 1

500 / 330 / 625

Day%2B20.JPG

Enter the ring leader.

• Like 1

Zombie rex! Best pic yet.

• Like 1

500 / 330 / 625

Day%2B21.JPG

Not willing to give up on their zombified friends, the dinos labored all evening to develop a cure.

My youngest thought the zombies were "creepy" and requested that I change them... He also requested that I make this "trail mix" stuff someone had given him once at school.  Pure sugar.  Bonus points to me for not actually snacking on the Zombie Cure as I put it together last night!

• Like 1