Forums are back in action! ×

NerdHammer - Age of Darkness

I think I got the hand of this, check my spreasheet and tweak as needed. Sunday's workout was 5 rounds of 1' Box Jumps, 1' Wall Balls, 1' Rowing and 1' Rest. Instead of adding actual reps, I put it under "Timed Exercise". Gets me way less resources but it felt like the fair thing to do.

• Like 1

Lvl 65 Multitasker

Battles will be done by the end of the day. Just finished my first one and wanted to tell everyone what I ran into.

The battle was Sloth VS Myrik. Sloth was moving to take over J6, and Myrik was going for the killing stroke at I5. Both armies met at the middle and an epic battle ensued.

Sloth had a clear advantage, with a power of 3150 vs Myrik's 2060. However, the diversity of Myrik's troops still allowed his forces to considerably damage Sloths army. Sloths army was reduced to a power of 1530! While Myriks troops held off long enough to allow their Siege troops to remain unscathed.

These where the army lists.

Sloth had 5 infantry, 60 veterans, 45 ranged, and 1 flying. These troops where aided by 10 infantry, 5 veterans, and 5 ranged from my own troops (who all but 1 veteran where wiped out)

Myrik had 20 infantry, 12 veterans, 10 ranged, 8 cavalry, 6 flying, and 2 siege.

Myriks cavalry did severe damage to sloth as they went unanswered for the first 3 rounds of the game. However sloth had deployed veterans purposefully protecting his archers from harm, so they where able to shoot without fear of being attacked.

I should have more data by the end of all these battles. I will let everyone know what I find out. However so far things are going as I had hoped!

• Like 1

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

Hey everybody. I am currently working through the battles right now and have been working through the world map in a certain way to keep track of anything. I have locked the world map sheet for now to avoid confusion. It should not affect the other sheets though!

Please let me know if this causes any issues!

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

Ladies and Gentleman we have our first upset!

In the battle of Grumble VS Dark_Raider, Grumble has won!

Grumble brought 2370 to the board, while Raider brought 2510

However grumbles siege engines proved too much for Raiders shambling undead. However both teams suffered heavy losses.

Grumble is one step closer to Raiders portal! And one more battle still remains. Can grumble and his ally Elannare take on Dark_Raider and White_ghost for another upset?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, cn3wton said:

Ladies and Gentleman we have our first upset!

In the battle of Grumble VS Dark_Raider, Grumble has won!

Grumble brought 2370 to the board, while Raider brought 2510

However grumbles siege engines proved too much for Raiders shambling undead. However both teams suffered heavy losses.

Grumble is one step closer to Raiders portal! And one more battle still remains. Can grumble and his ally Elannare take on Dark_Raider and White_ghost for another upset?

Never!  Luck may have been on Grumble's side tonight, but we will never give up, never let go, never run around and desert...

“rickroll gif”的图片搜索结果

I'm off to workout

• Like 3
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

Luck was indeed not on grumbles side.

The final battle has been completed. Grumble and his allies where wiped out by Dark Raider and his skeletal brethren. They did not go down easy though!

The world map is now unprotected. You may redistribute your remaining troops however you see fit. If you have not done this yet I will be releasing a guide later today explaining how to deploy troops!

As well I am going through the sheets right now and updating everyones to this new week if they havent already to avoid confusion!

I have also added a new tab, called army calculator. I have created this to aid you with finding the power level of your troops for each cell on the world map. Feel free to use it in that tab, or copy and paste it wherever is convenient for you on your sheet or on a new sheet of your own!

• Like 2

I have added a new sheet to the spreadsheet. Titled REINFORCE PHASE

This will provide instructions with what you are supposed to do by this Wednesday. I will do my best to create similar instruction tabs when we get closer to the other phases. I know there was some confusion this week, especially with me out of contact for the weekend. 

I was very happy with the results and how everything played out, the battles where definitely close, and there was even an upset. Please, as always, let me know if you have any questions!

I have also reinforced my territories already for you to look at!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Myrik said:

For battles do you update our spreadsheet with troops available after all battles so we know how many we can reinforce?

At the bottom of your spreadsheet the row called current army shows everything remaining from past battles

• Like 1

Only just got caught up on this. Looking at the world map, it seems that next week is going to be an interesting one!

A question: Since I am in the Lakes and without access to my gym, but am walking a lot, can I count LONG treks as workouts. I don't mean the ones that take a an hour or two and maybe last a couple miles, but the climbing ones that take 4 or 5 hours to complete? I'm also mixing it up between rucks (I brought my homemade sandbags with me) and unweighted walks just carrying my lunch and water bottles) so could a ruck and a unweighted walk count as separate cardios? Thanks

• Like 1

“All You Have To Decide Is What To Do With The Time That Is Given To You.” - Gandalf

Journey to the Mountain of Knowledge - Chapter One: A Pocketful of hope (current challenge)

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|2728 29|30 A Bold New Year   Rhovaniel forges herself anew 

The Chronicles of Rhovaniel, Dúnedain Ranger: Vol I, Vol IIVol III, Interim| Vol IV|Vol V 

2 hours ago, Rhovaniel said:

Only just got caught up on this. Looking at the world map, it seems that next week is going to be an interesting one!

A question: Since I am in the Lakes and without access to my gym, but am walking a lot, can I count LONG treks as workouts. I don't mean the ones that take a an hour or two and maybe last a couple miles, but the climbing ones that take 4 or 5 hours to complete? I'm also mixing it up between rucks (I brought my homemade sandbags with me) and unweighted walks just carrying my lunch and water bottles) so could a ruck and a unweighted walk count as separate cardios? Thanks

You can include them as workouts, have a area in cardio for walking as well. And yes they can count seperately.

Try doing some squats with the sandbags for wieghted workouts, and lifting the sandbag to your shoulder. As long as your pushing yourself thats all that matters for tracking. But make sure you dont overdo it on your trip and have a good time!

2 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Grumble got lucky cause I'm running on autopilot. Made things right during the second battle though.

How is the battle mechanic working out? From your description it sounds complicated alright, but hopefully it's more simple than that of the original NerdHammer.

Its definitely simpler. Theres a moderate level of difficulty to running the battle but once I got the rules in mind it was actually pretty easy and worked how I wanted! 

• Like 2

For my own clarity, when is the next movement phase (Day of the week), round of battles (Day of the week), and when can we deploy the troops earned in week 3 (day of the week)?

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Movement and recruiting troops from week 3 happens on friday. Then saturday I will determine what battles there are and you can send me any specific battle plans then. On sunday I will run the games and post the results.

• Like 1

Okay, I've updated the world map. Think I've done it right, but if anything's wrong, please let me know and I'll try to fix it :) 

• Like 1

“All You Have To Decide Is What To Do With The Time That Is Given To You.” - Gandalf

Journey to the Mountain of Knowledge - Chapter One: A Pocketful of hope (current challenge)

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|2728 29|30 A Bold New Year   Rhovaniel forges herself anew 

The Chronicles of Rhovaniel, Dúnedain Ranger: Vol I, Vol IIVol III, Interim| Vol IV|Vol V 

10 minutes ago, tourennatrix said:

@cn3wton, what happens if 2 players try to invade each other's territory at the same time?

For instance (since this is a non-possible example)

I control F4, Tank controls G4

I announce I want to attack G4, Tank announces he wants to attack F4.

Is this 2 battles (one per square) or 1 battle (to control the border)?

This has actually happened at the bottom of the make between Dark_Raider and Grumble. It is considered 1 battle met in the middle. Unless you specificy I am going to attack with half my troops and leave half behind, it is an all out brawl.

• Like 1

Hey everybody just wanted to make a quick update post. It seems every week folks are getting more and more resources, which is great!

The trick with this PVP is that I never want to limit anyone and discourage them from pushing themselves. But I also want to make sure its somewhat fair. This began with limiting resources gained per type of exercise to 500. 

And I think what we are going to need is a limit to 2500 per table. If you max out each table you will still gain 10000 resources! Please note this may change in the future, since no one has hit this yet. 

I appreciate everyones help with testing and figuring this out. Theres a lot of variables that make this quite the challenge. But I am quite pleased with how everything has gone so far. If you have any ideas please let me know as I want this to be the best it can be!

• Like 1

Is there a limit on the number of points that can be obtained from a workout sessions?  For example if I workout 7 times in one week would that be 700 or capped at 500?  If 700, would this also cap at 2500 (not sure how anyone could work out 25 times in one week, though...)?

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

36 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

Is there a limit on the number of points that can be obtained from a workout sessions?  For example if I workout 7 times in one week would that be 700 or capped at 500?  If 700, would this also cap at 2500 (not sure how anyone could work out 25 times in one week, though...)?

Workout caps at 500. So 5 workouts a week max.

OK, I have gone through the spreadsheet and made those caps automatic

...because I am a spreadsheet nerd and that's my idea of a good time...

• Like 4

Level 2 Ninja

Could we make it a requirement that everyone's troops have to be on the board by Friday (I realize this week might be tough given it's Thursday already) but it's really hard to make movement decisions when you don't know where troops are placed. 

• Like 2

Fallaces sunt rerum species et hominum spes fallunt.

27 minutes ago, Asa Pond said:

Could we make it a requirement that everyone's troops have to be on the board by Friday (I realize this week might be tough given it's Thursday already) but it's really hard to make movement decisions when you don't know where troops are placed. 

I thought we were already supposed to do this?

On 6/13/2017 at 2:45 PM, cn3wton said:

Movement and recruiting troops from week 3 happens on friday. Then saturday I will determine what battles there are and you can send me any specific battle plans then. On sunday I will run the games and post the results.

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, Rhovaniel said:

I thought we were already supposed to do this?

Yes this is a rule but if you look at the map right now the below hasn't been done.  

On 6/12/2017 at 0:39 PM, cn3wton said:

I have added a new sheet to the spreadsheet. Titled REINFORCE PHASE

This will provide instructions with what you are supposed to do by this Wednesday.

• Like 1