Forums are back in action! ×

Weight Loss PVP: 10 or 12 lbs in 10 or 12 Weeks! HOLIDAY BONUS EDITION [September 11-November 27, 2023] [With December Holiday Bonus Weeks]

7 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Starting Weight 76.2

9/11: 74.9

9/18: 75.6

9/25: 74.7

That number looks good in perspective, but it still quite a bump from where I was before the weekend.  I am already in holiday mode (the holidays here officially start Wednesday!) so this is probably the best I am going to see for a while.  Now I just need to try and somewhat control things for the next few months so as to not completely undo all the progress I have made over the last few.

Oooh you have a long holiday season! You got this. Do you need anything from us as a group to keep you on track?

• Like 1

Starting weight: 92.4 kg / 203.6 lbs
10/09: 92.95 kg / 204.9 lbs
18/09: 93.95 kg / 207.1 lbs

25/09: 93.10 kg / 205.3 lbs (-0.85 / -1.8)

Why o why didn't I do a proper weigh-in on Saturday morning before a weekend with leftover pizza, fries, and an event at work which included an extra meal?

I was at 92.0 then...

• Like 5

TimovieMan: funnier than you think he is; not as funny as he thinks he is...

Active challenges: Don't log, remain sensible | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

Old threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII | XXIII

26 minutes ago, TimovieMan said:

Why o why didn't I do a proper weigh-in on Saturday morning before a weekend with leftover pizza, fries, and an event at work which included an extra meal?

Theres no rules saying you cannot have your proper weigh in on Saturdays! The goal is a weekly weigh in, I doubt historians will look back on this and say “ the dates on the spreadsheet are Mondays but this person did it on Saturdays! I bet the others in the tribe threw shredded cheese at him for his deviance “

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

12 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Theres no rules saying you cannot have your proper weigh in on Saturdays! The goal is a weekly weigh in, I doubt historians will look back on this and say “ the dates on the spreadsheet are Mondays but this person did it on Saturdays! I bet the others in the tribe threw shredded cheese at him for his deviance “

Well, I stepped on the scale for a quick look, but didn't go through the trouble of doing the full scale measurement (which includes body fat, muscle mass and water weight measurements among others) because that requires a sync with my phone, and I was in a bit of a hurry because TimovieSon had a football match to get to... ?

Then again, it provides me with a good opportunity to get a bigger difference with the next weigh-in... ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Active challenges: Don't log, remain sensible | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

Old threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII | XXIII

24 minutes ago, TimovieMan said:

Well, I stepped on the scale for a quick look, but didn't go through the trouble of doing the full scale measurement (which includes body fat, muscle mass and water weight measurements among others) because that requires a sync with my phone, and I was in a bit of a hurry because TimovieSon had a football match to get to... ?

Then again, it provides me with a good opportunity to get a bigger difference with the next weigh-in... ?

You're rather like me - I cannot count a halfway done weigh in. I must have the full scale measurement.

I hope TimovieSon's match went well. I hope you get a delightful weigh in next week with a nice difference

• Like 2

You don't have to be perfect, you just have to be better than you were before. Do that every day and you will succeed.

47 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

There's no rules saying you cannot have your proper weigh in on Saturdays! The goal is a weekly weigh in, I doubt historians will look back on this and say “ the dates on the spreadsheet are Mondays but this person did it on Saturdays! I bet the others in the tribe threw shredded cheese at him for his deviance

Sabotage!

I had the opposite problem this week--my 'official' weigh-ins are Saturday mornings, so that's what I recorded; but I hopped on the scale again Sunday morning for a sanity check and was down another 1.7 pounds after only 24 hours.  I really wanted to amend my records because crossing that first 10-pound line means that I'd be over halfway to my 12-week goal and I'd get to eat ice cream.  But the stickler in me prevailed and I'll just have to wait another week--provided that Friday's barbecue doesn't skew things too badly.  :D

• Like 7

He has showed you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of

you but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?

09/11 - 153.9

09/18 - 155.1

09/25 - 152.9

10/02

10/09 (birthday weigh in!)

10/16

10/23

10/30

11/06

11/13

11/20

11/27

12/04

12/11

12/18

12/25

01/01

I don't deserve this weigh-in. I've been hovering all week in the 154-155 range, feeling bloated, and just not doing well overall. I start off doing good,  but then fall right off after lunchtime. I think the saving grace was that I splurged and had ice cream after dinner and took my lactose pills. Those magical little pills must've not only dropped off any bloating from my ice cream, but all the other bloat I was holding on to all week. I still feel puffy, but I'm shocked at the sudden decrease in the scale (I was 154.4 yesterday morning for reference).

I've got salad kits to supplement tonight, Wednesday, and Thursday dinner plans as those dinners have no veg included. I didn't plan lunches so I found a chicken & orzo soup (similar to chicken noodle) I have nearly everything for to prep for lunches this week instead.

Workouts are going to be iffy - storms this morning mean no workout. Scheduled to run but my back doesn't do well with storms (read: spasms, stiffness, nerve pain/radiation) so no run or strength. Tomorrow will be up at 3am-ish as I'm too light of a sleeper not to wake up with the Man leaves for his work trip (plus I'll have to wrangle dogs once he's gone) so unsure if I'll be able to fall asleep and feel rested enough to run. Will have to decide this week's workouts day-by-day.

• Like 6

You don't have to be perfect, you just have to be better than you were before. Do that every day and you will succeed.

Weigh in

Start: 288.9

9/11: 287.6

9/18: ---

9/25: 284.8

I forgot I hadn't weighed in last week so this morning's number was a bit of a shock because it seemed like such a fast drop. But if it happened over two weeks I feel less panicked about it. ? I'm still not trusting this steady decrease because it seems too good to be true after months of stagnation. I'm not even really tracking food right now, which is weird/encouraging as well. Usually I have to track and be super strict with my food for scale movement. Is activity that much of a lever for me? Because all that's really changed is +~3000 steps a day and a pile more active minutes from working. It doesn't seem like a lot when I compare myself to the activity levels of others who are running, strength training, etc. I'm not knocking it, just trying to understand so I can keep the momentum going! 

• Like 7

Past Challenges: #1, #2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16

Current Challenge: #17

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 hours ago, DrFeelgood said:

Sabotage!

I had the opposite problem this week--my 'official' weigh-ins are Saturday mornings, so that's what I recorded; but I hopped on the scale again Sunday morning for a sanity check and was down another 1.7 pounds after only 24 hours.  I really wanted to amend my records because crossing that first 10-pound line means that I'd be over halfway to my 12-week goal and I'd get to eat ice cream.  But the stickler in me prevailed and I'll just have to wait another week--provided that Friday's barbecue doesn't skew things too badly.  :D

This week's weigh in will be just that much better!  

2 hours ago, Darciana said:

09/11 - 153.9

09/18 - 155.1

09/25 - 152.9

10/02

10/09 (birthday weigh in!)

10/16

10/23

10/30

11/06

11/13

11/20

11/27

12/04

12/11

12/18

12/25

01/01

I don't deserve this weigh-in. I've been hovering all week in the 154-155 range, feeling bloated, and just not doing well overall. I start off doing good,  but then fall right off after lunchtime. I think the saving grace was that I splurged and had ice cream after dinner and took my lactose pills. Those magical little pills must've not only dropped off any bloating from my ice cream, but all the other bloat I was holding on to all week. I still feel puffy, but I'm shocked at the sudden decrease in the scale (I was 154.4 yesterday morning for reference).

I've got salad kits to supplement tonight, Wednesday, and Thursday dinner plans as those dinners have no veg included. I didn't plan lunches so I found a chicken & orzo soup (similar to chicken noodle) I have nearly everything for to prep for lunches this week instead.

Workouts are going to be iffy - storms this morning mean no workout. Scheduled to run but my back doesn't do well with storms (read: spasms, stiffness, nerve pain/radiation) so no run or strength. Tomorrow will be up at 3am-ish as I'm too light of a sleeper not to wake up with the Man leaves for his work trip (plus I'll have to wrangle dogs once he's gone) so unsure if I'll be able to fall asleep and feel rested enough to run. Will have to decide this week's workouts day-by-day.

Sounds like a rough week.  But those dinner/lunch options seem like good choices.  Wishing you all the luck this week.  

20 minutes ago, Sovalis said:

Weigh in

I forgot I hadn't weighed in last week so this morning's number was a bit of a shock because it seemed like such a fast drop. But if it happened over two weeks I feel less panicked about it. ? I'm still not trusting this steady decrease because it seems too good to be true after months of stagnation. I'm not even really tracking food right now, which is weird/encouraging as well. Usually I have to track and be super strict with my food for scale movement. Is activity that much of a lever for me? Because all that's really changed is +~3000 steps a day and a pile more active minutes from working. It doesn't seem like a lot when I compare myself to the activity levels of others who are running, strength training, etc. I'm not knocking it, just trying to understand so I can keep the momentum going! 

I feel this.  Even when we are doing well there's this sense of waiting for the other show to drop.  But all you can do is keep working on working you're working on.  It'll work until it doesn't but you'll keep making smart choices and your body will catch up.  

• Like 4

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

Starting Weight 271.2

9/11: 269.7 (down 1.5)

9/18: 270.4 (up 0.7) or 268.6 (down 1.1)

9/25: 269.3 (down 1.1)

Again my Sunday weigh in was lower than my Monday official weigh in.  I was in target Sunday so I expected it to drop a little bit more before this morning's weigh in.   But I am down just over a pound from last Monday's weigh in so at least that's consistent.  I am struggling a bit with expectations and feeling like it's not enough.  But I just move on because it's just 1 pound at a time.   I also started tracking on the Lose It app.  I have given up on tracking but @Snarkyfishguts has been giving it some positive reviews so I figured I'd give it a try.  It's a good intermediary between the busy MFP and the not enough info from Noom.  I also like how they look at your calorie budget from a weekly perspective.  I am feeling a little obsessive about tracking.  I get caught up about whether that was 1 and thee quarter cups cups or 1 and two thirds but I tend to eat the same things over and over.  Once I get my stuff saved I think it will be easier to back off a little.  

This week's struggles - 2 dinners out with family and concession stand dinner at a game Friday.  DDG and I are planning to try and just order one thing and share it so we'll see how that goes.   Dinner plans all fall on the best nights for workouts so I'm not sure I'll be able to get 4 workouts in.  I'm not sure I'll be able to get 3 in.  

• Like 6

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

9/11: 172.5

9/18: 172.0

9/25: 172.7

My weight has been all over the place this last week, but it looks like today landed on an "up" day.  Yuck.

I did finally get somewhat of a plan for eating more healthily put together, with the intent to really start today (yesterday had some planned "off plan" eating).  I have not, however, made it to the grocery store, so I guess I'm not starting it until tomorrow at the soonest. 

It occurs to me, however, that I have been hanging out in the low 170s for a while.  6 months to a year ago, I was stuck in the high 170s.  So, as frustrating as it is to not really be seeing the number change, I did manage to somehow get my "sticky spot" to drop like 5 lbs.  Even though it's not what I want to see, it's not nothing!

• Like 8

Wood Elf Waywatcher Mandalorian (Assassin/Ranger hybrid)

5 hours ago, TimovieMan said:

Oh I forgot you do a whole thing that is very thorough. (Begrudgingly puts away cheese)

4 hours ago, DrFeelgood said:

Sabotage!

I am really happy for you!! 

4 hours ago, Darciana said:

I don't deserve this weigh-in. I've been hovering all week in the 154-155 range, feeling bloated, and just not doing well overall. I start off doing good,  but then fall right off after lunchtime. I think the saving grace was that I splurged and had ice cream after dinner and took my lactose pills.

You’ve complained about feeling bloated for a while so maybe this was the thing you needed to get to where you really are. The important thing is how do you feel? Do you fee wrung out or do you feel better?

2 hours ago, Sovalis said:

Weigh in

I would argue not working with a stressful boss also is a big change and maybe your body isn’t being psychologically attacked by tigers so it’s not holding on so tight to your caloric reserves 

2 hours ago, Shello said:

Starting Weight 271.2

9/11: 269.7 (down 1.5)

9/18: 270.4 (up 0.7) or 268.6 (down 1.1)

9/25: 269.3 (down 1.1)

Again my Sunday weigh in was lower than my Monday official weigh in.  I was in target Sunday so I expected it to drop a little bit more before this morning's weigh in.   But I am down just over a pound from last Monday's weigh in so at least that's consistent.  I am struggling a bit with expectations and feeling like it's not enough.  But I just move on because it's just 1 pound at a time.   I also started tracking on the Lose It app.  I have given up on tracking but @Snarkyfishguts has been giving it some positive reviews so I figured I'd give it a try.  It's a good intermediary between the busy MFP and the not enough info from Noom.  I also like how they look at your calorie budget from a weekly perspective.  I am feeling a little obsessive about tracking.  I get caught up about whether that was 1 and thee quarter cups cups or 1 and two thirds but I tend to eat the same things over and over.  Once I get my stuff saved I think it will be easier to back off a little.  

This week's struggles - 2 dinners out with family and concession stand dinner at a game Friday.  DDG and I are planning to try and just order one thing and share it so we'll see how that goes.   Dinner plans all fall on the best nights for workouts so I'm not sure I'll be able to get 4 workouts in.  I'm not sure I'll be able to get 3 in.  

I personally aim to be within 150 calories of my goal which usually allows for some miscalculations. I figure that eating extra vegetables won’t make me fat. Lol. But I do get more strict when it’s measuring candy. 

2 hours ago, Elennare said:

9/11: 172.5

9/18: 172.0

9/25: 172.7

My weight has been all over the place this last week, but it looks like today landed on an "up" day.  Yuck.

I did finally get somewhat of a plan for eating more healthily put together, with the intent to really start today (yesterday had some planned "off plan" eating).  I have not, however, made it to the grocery store, so I guess I'm not starting it until tomorrow at the soonest. 

It occurs to me, however, that I have been hanging out in the low 170s for a while.  6 months to a year ago, I was stuck in the high 170s.  So, as frustrating as it is to not really be seeing the number change, I did manage to somehow get my "sticky spot" to drop like 5 lbs.  Even though it's not what I want to see, it's not nothing!

I like that you are focusing on the fact your range has gotten lower. Progress is happening! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Oh I forgot you do a whole thing that is very thorough. (Begrudgingly puts away cheese)

Correction, the scale does a whole thing that is very thorough (but probably highly inaccurate)... ?

• Haha 2

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

Starting weight (= Sept 11) 156.2

Sept 18th: 157.7

Sept 25th: 158.3

Jack Sparrow Reaction GIF

oh dear!

Full disclosure, on coach’s suggestion I did increase my calorie goal a bit to support heavier lifting in the gym. And according to my body impedance scale (yeah I know they are grossly inaccurate) body fat has actually dropped a little over the last two weeks and lean mass up about 3 pounds. But yeah, the impedance part of the scale is an unreliable narrator. I’m going to have to actually look at progress photos and measurements, aren’t I?

• Like 4

September 11 - 219.9

September 18 - 220.7

September 25 - 218.0

The goal is to loosely hang around 220. I'm currently within tolerance but I suspect I'll need to add a couple hundred calories. I have not idea how to tell myFitnessPal to just give me 200 more calories to work with. That's a problem for future me.

A weird feature, before I started losing weight, about 3 months and 25-30 lbs ago I would just randomly get asked if I had lost weight when I had not. All summer, while I counted calories and macros, not a word. Suddenly this past week I'm being asked again. It's weird when I acknowledge it because they're like "I knew it dude! I knew you had lost some weight." It is weird for them to celebrate their Holmesian prowess. 

• Like 6

You can't spell Slaughter without laughter

6 hours ago, TiogaGirl said:

Full disclosure, on coach’s suggestion I did increase my calorie goal a bit to support heavier lifting in the gym. And according to my body impedance scale (yeah I know they are grossly inaccurate) body fat has actually dropped a little over the last two weeks and lean mass up about 3 pounds. But yeah, the impedance part of the scale is an unreliable narrator. I’m going to have to actually look at progress photos and measurements, aren’t I?

I still think this is reason to be cautiously optimistic. A drop in body fat and rise in lean muscle mass (if accurate) is more important than what the scale says. ?

• Like 5

9 hours ago, TiogaGirl said:

Starting weight (= Sept 11) 156.2

Sept 18th: 157.7

Sept 25th: 158.3

Jack Sparrow Reaction GIF

oh dear!

The scale does not rule all. :) progress photos are a great idea!  And no one here will pressure you to share those. I take my measurements once a month, and it’s usually enough to convince me to keep exercising lol

9 hours ago, The Most Loathed said:

September 11 - 219.9

September 18 - 220.7

September 25 - 218.0

The goal is to loosely hang around 220. I'm currently within tolerance but I suspect I'll need to add a couple hundred calories. I have not idea how to tell myFitnessPal to just give me 200 more calories to work with. That's a problem for future me.

9 hours ago, The Most Loathed said:

A weird feature, before I started losing weight, about 3 months and 25-30 lbs ago I would just randomly get asked if I had lost weight when I had not. All summer, while I counted calories and macros, not a word. Suddenly this past week I'm being asked again. It's weird when I acknowledge it because they're like "I knew it dude! I knew you had lost some weight." It is weird for them to celebrate their Holmesian prowess. 

People love to feel smart. I think people commenting on body weight is weird itself.  Did it feel good for them to eventually notice or no? 

2 hours ago, TimovieMan said:

I still think this is reason to be cautiously optimistic. A drop in body fat and rise in lean muscle mass (if accurate) is more important than what the scale says. ?

This! ☝️

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

People love to feel smart. I think people commenting on body weight is weird itself.  Did it feel good for them to eventually notice or no? 

Mixed. People I respect and seemed happy for me feels good. Other people, usually ones I don't respect as much wanted to immediately interrogate me on how I lost it then tell me what I am doing wrong. One guy, the one guy in the gym who is obviously stronger than I am bonded over the fact that we both lost weight and are on the path to being middle weights together. 

• Like 3

You can't spell Slaughter without laughter

2 minutes ago, The Most Loathed said:

Mixed. People I respect and seemed happy for me feels good. Other people, usually ones I don't respect as much wanted to immediately interrogate me on how I lost it then tell me what I am doing wrong. One guy, the one guy in the gym who is obviously stronger than I am bonded over the fact that we both lost weight and are on the path to being middle weights together. 

Yay for the new gym friend that is on the same path as you! I’m glad that there are people who made you feel good about it.

and for the others, I laughed out loud. “You’re doing it wrong” ? you ate a healthy diet and exercised and got enough sleep. How did they want you to do it? Do they expect you to gain weight and do it their way? 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

and for the others, I laughed out loud. “You’re doing it wrong” ? you ate a healthy diet and exercised and got enough sleep. How did they want you to do it? Do they expect you to gain weight and do it their way? 

I think they just want to be acknowledged in their "advice". Just nod and agree with them, and then immediately ignore whatever they said.

suggestion-noted-and-ignored.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 9/25/2023 at 1:36 PM, Snarkyfishguts said:

You’ve complained about feeling bloated for a while so maybe this was the thing you needed to get to where you really are. The important thing is how do you feel? Do you fee wrung out or do you feel better?

I do feel better so I think that this is the thing I need to get where I really am. I'm being a bit more diligent about taking my lactose pills even when I don't have lactose (they are probiotics, just specifically to help digest lactose, so beneficial regardless of the lactose ingestion) since I get them free from the VA and I have an overabundance of them. The prescription thingy even says to take a single capsule 4 times a day. I'm not going that far, but I'm taking 2-3 a day at various times - with lunch and dinner for sure, with breakfast if I don't fast.

• Like 3