Forums are back in action! ×

If anyone is up for having a bash or good at the paper folding i actually found a snail origami tutorial that looks really nice. 
i cant fold paper strait for toffie, but i may have a go anyway if i can find some decent paper in the house. 

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 1

the creative spelling comes as standard. Enjoy! 
A journey of thousand miles, begins with a single step - Lao Tzu

Challenge: #1#2#3#4#5#6#7#8

Slug 5? Yeah this one went okay! Oops, I can see some rough edges but that's fine.

image.png.371312616f40e4721b12c5fe9472b782.png

• Like 5

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

4 hours ago, Sea-to-sky said:

If anyone is up for having a bash or good at the paper folding i actually found a snail origami tutorial that looks really nice. 
i cant fold paper strait for toffie, but i may have a go anyway if i can find some decent paper in the house. 

Oh, that looks really fun!  I think I actually have an origami paper kit somewhere around here...

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness

Journey before Destination

9 minutes ago, Everstorm said:

I want to light my snail on fire because the folds are so difficult lol

Oooh, performance art!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

17 minutes ago, Everstorm said:

I got halfway through the video and I want to light my snail on fire because the folds are so difficult lol

Admittedly, i was totally up for doing it till they got to the shell folds. At that point i went “oh ?” and decided my chances of actually completing jt and it looking like anything were very low. Might still give it a bash if i can find some applicable paper, just out of stubbornness. Im sure it will be spectacularly dreadful, 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sea-to-sky said:

Admittedly, i was totally up for doing it till they got to the shell folds. At that point i went “oh ?” and decided my chances of actually completing jt and it looking like anything were very low. Might still give it a bash if i can find some applicable paper, just out of stubbornness. Im sure it will be spectacularly dreadful, 

Maybe the origami slug is more our speed ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness

IMG_7434.jpeg.782ca4d3bc817e5900e67a7755f98009.jpeg

Hypselodoris variobranchia (no one gave this one a cool name sadly)

i cannot get the colours to photograph right for some reason. It is dull and grey out my window and sunlight is not availiable ? (aka. Cornwall. All the sunny brochure pics are pure lies guys, seriously ?). Didnt help that i lacked both a royal blue and imperial purple in my pencil box. (Mental note to self, get better art supplies at some point)

edit: ok. Photo 6 or something is betterish

• Like 5
  • That's Metal 1

6 hours ago, Sea-to-sky said:

Hypselodoris variobranchia (no one gave this one a cool name sadly)

It is clearly a UNICORN NUDICORN! Looking good, I like the gesture and movement of the body and tail.

• Like 3

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

30 minutes ago, Harriet said:

Looking good, I like the gesture and movement of the body and tail.

It was a nice refrence image (which i definetly didnt pick becuase the coloration was less complicated and it didnt have a million tendrils. Not at all ?)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Rookie said:
  Hide contents

PXL_20240216_032316379_MP.thumb.jpg.85741e1d232afee64ebc9462c8247815.jpg

A wee little friend to keep my thoughts company

Aww! It's so cute!

• Thanks 1

Level 21 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 18  -  CON: 22  -  CHA: 11  -  SAN: 19  -  INT: 17

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Jarric: The 'C' Team

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map - 2022 road map/wrap-up

On 2/16/2024 at 4:28 AM, Rookie said:

A wee little friend to keep my thoughts company

Tiny and adorable!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Everstorm said:

I have more tribute

Oh wow, I love the shell shine and skin texture you created with just black!

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Sea-to-sky said:

Oh wow, that shell is just stunning. The way youve done the shine on it is really convincing. 

8 hours ago, Harriet said:

Oh wow, I love the shell shine and skin texture you created with just black!

Thanks, guys!

Bonus nudi (it was apparently art weekend)

20240218_194846.thumb.jpg.8c6450f35e237a327cabe861c6e35262.jpg

Can't get it to photograph properly (the background is almost invisible), but here it is anyhow.

• Like 3
  • That's Metal 3

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness

7 hours ago, Everstorm said:

Can't get it to photograph properly (the background is almost invisible), but here it is anyhow.

Still looks great! Are these watercolours? They look really good. (I suck at watercolours. Never got the hang of them as a kid/teen)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sea-to-sky said:

Still looks great! Are these watercolours? They look really good. (I suck at watercolours. Never got the hang of them as a kid/teen)

Yes, watercolor is the new medium I am trying to master, with mixed results.   It's definitely very tricky to learn.

59 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

Wow this is gorgeous!

Thanks ? 

• Like 1

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness

15 hours ago, Everstorm said:

Bonus nudi (it was apparently art weekend)

I like the fiery butt (or elbow? with a nudi, you never know)

• Haha 2