Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Do motivational youtube videos count?

This ad for a camera is actually pretty motivational (I think). Makes me wanna just go out and be awesome.

Great music, great captures, and great camera (I want it so bad right now).

Highly recommend 1080p/fullscreen.

Awesome!

Level 2 Half-Elf Adventurer

STR 2 | DEX 1 | STA 3 | CON 3 | WIS 3 | CHA 2

Intro | Challenges: 1, 2 {currently on challenge hiatus}

I once read this in one of the NF articles, I can't even remember which one -

"You are not your past, you are your future."

- and I was like, why has nobody ever said that to me before?! That's seriously the one thing I've needed to hear for a better part of my life now, but nobody's ever put it in such simple words before. That applies to so much more for me than just fitness. I really needed to hear that.

POLARIS - LEVEL 4 AVATAR WARRIOR/MONK

(currently visiting assassins) | Challenge Thread

"We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us."

I am SHOCKED that i had to read all the way to page 11 of this thread before i encountered a Vince Lombardi quote !

Some of my favorites:

"Once you learn to quite it becomes a habit"

"Practice does not make perfect. Only perfect practice makes perfect."

"The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor."

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will."

"The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have."

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

"The harder you work, the harder it is to surrender."

"The Green Bay Packers never lost; they just ran out of time"

"We would accomplish many more things if we did not think of them as impossible."

"Fatigue makes cowards of us all."

"The harder you work, the harder it is to surrender."

(and yes, i'm a hardcore Packers fan)
  • Like 1

One that helps me more now that I've become a member of the Rebellion:

"Remember, I'm pulling for ya.  We're all in this together"  - Red Green (Steve Smith)

So, it seems kind of silly, but thinking about it, it hits home more and more every day.  Not only here on the boards and the Nerds at large, but as the human population.  What good we do for strangers and for our neighbors can have long and lasting effects for the betterment of mankind. 

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

hmm my current favorite motivational quote would be 

"I've got poetry in my fingertips. Most of the time-and this includes naps-I'm an F-18, bro. And I will destroy you in the air. I will deploy my ordnance to the ground." Charlie Sheen

i know Charlie Sheen is a bit of a crazy douche but honestly thats why i love him he taught me to be myself and just have fun regardless of what the world around you thinks of you. He is my personal hero.

Level 5 Idiot Assassin 

STR: 22   DEX: 11  STA: 14  CON: 10  WIS: 0  CHA: 14

Decide to change, take a pic, and you've written the first half of your success story.

- me :)

Managing the bad days and minimising damage is just as important as maximising the good days.

- me :)

'Confine yourself to the present' - Marcus Aurelius

'Because your own strength is unequal to the task, do not assume that it is beyond the powers of man; but if anything is within the powers and province of man, believe that it is within your own compass also' - Marcus Aurelius

"Living well is the best revenge"  Not sure where it came from but I like it

I remember reading that in a novel by Patrick Rothfuss, either The Name of The Wind or The Wise Man's Fear.

Can't remember which one.

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Spread love and understanding. Use force if necessary." - Leon Trotsky

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

"If you do strange things, strange things will happen!"

"That's it! Now go make something beautiful." -Jake Parker

Do motivational youtube videos count?

This ad for a camera is actually pretty motivational (I think). Makes me wanna just go out and be awesome.

Great music, great captures, and great camera (I want it so bad right now).

Highly recommend 1080p/fullscreen.

This was really cool, watched it on my 22" CPU screen with headphones in.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Today I am fortunate to have woken up, I am alive, I have a precious human life, I am not going to waste it. I am going to use all my energies to develop myself, to expand my heart out to others, to achieve enlightenment for the benefit of all beings. I am going to have kind thoughts towards others, I am not going to get angry or think badly about others, I am going to benefit others as much as I can.

~ Dalai Lama

Human: Ranger

5 STR | 3 DEX | 5 STA | 4 CON | 2 WIS | 3 CHA

Current challenge: keep it simple

battle log | epic quest

Last challenges: ΜΟΛΩΠΛΑΒΕ | prepare to a half-marathon

MEMENTO MORI

Not sure where I heard it, but "Problems are not stop signs, they are guide lines" is a good one for me

also Hunter S. Thomas-- â€œLife should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a ride!†is definitely my favourite :)

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a ride!â€
Hunter S. Thompson

Current ChallengePrevious Challenge, Daily Battle Log

Level 1 Hobbit Scout

STR 5|DEX 1|STA 5|CON 2|WIS 1|CHA 1

Great quotes!

I have a few to share:

"An object at rest stays at rest and an object in motion stays in motion." - Newton

"I'm a Great Believer in Luck and I Find the Harder I Work, the More I Have of It." - Thomas Jefferson

some I found on Tumblr regarding fitness but don't know who said it:

"When you have one of those days when you feel a big weight on your shoulders - do squats."

"Go the extra mile, it's never crowded"

"Excuses are useless - Results are priceless"

"Be your own hero"

"A workout is a personal triumph over laziness and procrastination"

"Better sore than sorry"

"At first you feel like dying. Then you feel like reborn"

and one I just pick up on mobilitywod.com:

"Seriously, the point is to try and find opportunities in your day to day life where you can sneek this mobility crap in. I like to think about it as: Paim makes you beautiful." - Kelly Starrett

pre-Assassin

Clear eyes, full heart, can't lose!

Twitter

Wow, these are awesome.

A couple that've always stuck with me:

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it cannot be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it" - Elbert Hubbard

"If everything's under control, you're going too slow" - Anonymous

And miscellaneous:

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end tomorrow.  It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Monroe Schultz (though not much encouragement for us Aussies :P )

"Always forgive your enemies.  Nothing annoys them quite so much."

"No price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."

Previous challenges:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

Today is the only October 9th, 2013 you will ever see.  Embrace it and make the most of it.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

"Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now."

Level 2 Warforged Druid