Forums are back in action! ×

With A Rebel Yell!

So, a little bit about me. I am 32, 5'4" and 59kg. I started my road to fitness in 2007, although I was always active in my youth and I played hockey well into my 20s.

With a family vacation to Jamaica and I wanted to look decent on the beach. So I decided to try P90X. I did it for a month with our making any changes to my diet, but I found that I was ravishingly hungry all the time. So I decided to learn something about nutrition and food. I started with general nutrition and then I read in Defense of Food, which lead me to making some rather big changes in my diet. I am a huge fan of sugar, not candy, not cake but really sugar, I can't stand any of the calorie free sugar substitutes so I never tried to give it up. Until I read the 4 - Hour Body, the experimental nature of the thing in the book appealed to me and I gave several things in it a try, I managed to give up sugar completely for 2 months, before I fell of the wagon, then a my gym closed, I got an new job (with retarded overtime hours) and fitness fell to the wayside.

However in Aug I got a new job finished my CMA ( Certified Management Accountant) designation and decided that it was time to clean up my act and get back to the gym. I started off with some swimming and yoga, since I have a wrist/forearm injury that I am currently getting ART (active release therapy) for which has been helping. I recently started a lifting program (New Rules of Lifting{NRFOL}) and I am tiring to take thing a little on the slow side so I don't hurt my self again.

In general I am bad at setting goals and the one I really want to do, increase my chin-ups/pull-ups I have put on hold due to the wrist/Forearm issue.

So for now I am just working on NRFOL and getting my form bullet proof on my squat and dealifts, while keeping the weight manageable for the wrist. With the overall goal of building strength, especially in the wrist.

Also I hate cardio, hate, hate, hate, hate it, did I mention I hate cardio? So for the most part I don't do it, except for walking, I try to walk every were and If I have to drive I park far and walk.

the goal is to start doing burpees in the mornings, but before I can do that I have to get up in the morning, and to do that I have to go to bed earlier.

So goals...

1) Get Stronger

2) Increase Flexibility (really I want to be just like gumbercules)

3) Sleep

4)????

5)Burpees!

[TABLE=width: 500, align: left]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Kalyrn, Level 1 Wood Elf Ranger

STR 3|DEX 2|STA 2|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 2

[/TABLE]

Welcome to the rebellion!

Make sure you get your goals specific and measurable, it really helps, and get ready for the next Six Week Challenge!, it's a great way to set -and keep track of- goals, and there is a bunch of helpful people following you and helping along the way.

And thanks, now I have Billy Idol in my head, probably for the rest of the day.

german

monkey scout

"swim, bike, run", or at least "Don’t drown, don't crash, don't walk"

“If you ever start taking things too seriously, just remember that we are talking monkeys on an organic spaceship flying through the universe.†-Joe Rogan

Welcome Kalyrn!

GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

Archived