Forums are back in action! ×

New Rebel Monk

Hi all,

I've been lurking around for a while but now I've joined the Rebellion :)

I started my journey in May this year when I tipped the scales at 104kg (229lb) at 5'10" (unfortunately I didn't measure anything else then).

At the end of May I had an induction with a local Krav Maga school and was instantly hooked - since then I have been training twice weekly as a minimum.

My first session I thought I was going to die and that was just the warm-up! I fell flat on my face after just 2 pushups and spent most of the hour unable to breathe :disgust:

As time progressed, one of the other students introduced me to MyFitnessPal which I have been using daily to track my food intake and monitor the changes in myself.

As of this week I am at 84kg with a BF% of 20.2% (when I first measured it at the end of July it was 33% and I was already 3 months into this).

Monday's class saw me blast through 15 pushups, 20 sit ups and 20 squats with kick without getting out of breath :congratulatory:

My first test is in 2 weeks and I can't wait.

[TABLE=width: 500, align: centre]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Dom, level 1 Human Monk

That one may walk in peace : Imi Sde-Or

STR 2|DEX 3|STA 3|CON 2|WIS 4|CHA 1

[/TABLE]

That's great. Eventually I want to look into Krav Maga, I have a lot of other goals I want to accomplish first, but I think it is an interesting self-defense system. Good job on the progress, keep it up.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Those are some awesome results so far! Keep up the great work and good on your test.

GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

Find a school affiliated to one of the large federations (my school is IKMF - International Krav Maga Federation) and go for it, it is great exercise and excellent for confidence building.

P1 Grading 2 weeks tomorrow and 6 months until I go to train for 4 days in Israel :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Dom, level 1 Human Monk

[/TABLE]

Today's session really showed me how I have changed and developed over the past 6 months (even the past 2!). 6 months ago, 2 press ups was my limit.

During the class warm-up we had to do squats back-to-back with partner x 15, sit-ups hanging from partner's waist (wrap legs around their waist, lean back and go) x5, press ups starting flat and walking your feet up the wall with each one until near vertical (I managed this twice - 2 months ago I couldn't do it once).

Pressure drills saw me growling and driving on instead of wanting to just drop and weep! :)

Only made it to the gym once this week as I spent 7 hours training on the mat (including managing 3 pull-ups yesterday :D)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Dom, level 1 Human Monk

[/TABLE]

Archived