Forums are back in action! ×

Inertia Issues

My problem is that I completely defy Newtons second law of inertia.

I get going on great ideas....and then completely stall in the middle of them. I'm sure this is not unique to me.

I am so relieved and happy to have found this website of little steps and immediate action, and I'm hoping to find here a community that will keep me honest, on track, and accountable. Even just writing this introduction is completely outside my comfort zone, which is why I'm doing it, right now, before I overthink it. I need direction, and a way to make fitness and exercise....Fun.

A little about me, since this is an introduction, after all!

Im a 32 year old tattoo artist in Minneapolis who loves food, high gravity hoppy craft beers, live music, books, dinosaurs, painting, and my Monday night gaming group of 13+ years :)

I hate getting up early, the stairmaster, and voicemail.

I fall into the ranks of "skinnyfat" and the weakness of my core, sedentary lifestyle, constant bad posture at my job is causing me great pain. I'm hoping to get stronger, and leaner so I can have more energy, and not destroy my back and arms before I'm 40. I'd also like to fit back into "those Jeans."

If anyone remembers White Wolf's "Changeling:The Dreaming" (My first true RPG love) it feels like too much Banality has been creeping slowly into my life, and I'm pretty sure that comes from not having clear and obtainable goals. Its time to change that, and get my Glamour back.

And I'm SO GLAD to find people who speak my language!

Now I have to make the hardest decision...what race am I...really? :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 1 Satyr Druid

| STR:1 | DEX:2 | STA:2 | CON:2 | WIS:4 | CHA:4 |

I am a leaf on the wind...

Nice to meet you BambiKhan! Glad you decided to join the rebellion. And as for the race, you can decide for yourself, use the generator (kindly developed by NF member Nuala), or do what I did and totally wimp out of it for now. I hope you choose one of the first two, but it is completely okay if you're not ready to choose a race yet, either. Here's to banishing the banality!

Hiraedd the Twice Risen:

Hamadryad; Pilgrim

battle log

Welcome BambiKhan!

I hope you find what you need here in the rebellion! Also, have fun with your race. I know I went with hobbit because I had a friend who nicknamed me it and I'm short and I like food. :apple::apple:

GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

Thanks guys! I'm glad I found it in time for the next 6 week challenge! Its giving me a little time to define those pesky goals mentioned earlier.

I'm already inspired, and building a map for the daily mile....to Rivendell.

Assigning real stats is harder than I thought! I don't want to give myself the full 15 because I am so terribly weak. :(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 1 Satyr Druid

| STR:1 | DEX:2 | STA:2 | CON:2 | WIS:4 | CHA:4 |

I am a leaf on the wind...

Welcome BK! Always good to find another Minnesota Gurl! Start thinking of goals and plans to accomplish them before worrying about your character - you can change that anytime.

Assigning real stats is harder than I thought! I don't want to give myself the full 15 because I am so terribly weak. :(

I get the discomfort with doing the intro and giving yourself credit with the full 15 - but you are stronger than you are giving yourself credit for - assign those points, Changeling! Best wishes on the challenge - I'll check out your goals next week!

Level 4 Human Adventurer:  current challenge  ||| battle log stardate: 4/15-5/27/13STR - 4 | DEX - 4.5 | STA - 5.5 | CON - 6 | WIS - 7 | CHA - 6You want me to do something... tell me I can't do it. -Maya Angelou

I didn't give myself points where I didn't deserve them. I suck at agility and my flexibility is HORRIBLE. But, I think the low number (0 in my case) gives me motivation to earn stats as I progress on my quest for a new form!

GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

Archived