Forums are back in action! ×

Hullo out there

Hey folks

So I'm new, I have read Staci's story in the past, and I always go back to it. I've worked out and ate right before, but then something always "happens" and I fall off the wagon. Junk food has a stronghold on me without a doubt. I was a part of an online fitness community before and it sucked....so here I am hoping for some guidance and encouragement, and I bring my own words of support with me for whoever needs them. Still trying to work out the kinks of my class signature thing....eventually I hope to upgrade to warrior :)

I'm a beginner, so I am going to be starting out with the beginner body weight circuit training. (http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/09/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/) I also am going to be working with paleo recipe's and trying to do a weekly planned meals route, so I don't just default to junk when I "don't have time"

I'm excited but nervous, and mostly tired of not enjoying my body. I want to be healthy. I'm 26 and have high cholesterol, and I want to change. I want to have energy and look good and feel good. So here we go folks! I will be taking pictures, but probably not posting them just yet. Cheers

Level 1 Adventurer

"Esse Quam Videri" To be, rather than to appear.

Sprene,

Nice to meet you, I just started as well and hope that along with you I can make weekly menu plans so that the easy fast food doesn't tempt me. I think my biggest challenge is going to be having something quick and easy with little prep and clean up available to grab on the go. Going to be cleaning out the pantry tomorrow to get rid of all the stuff I don't want to be tempted by.

Good luck and talk to you soon.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Steeler-Girl

Celtic Adventurer Level 1

STR 2 | DEX 3 | STA 3 |CON 2 | WIS 3 | CHA 2

“People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily.â€

Zig Ziglar

No telling yourself that today/this week is a write off, and you'll eat healthy again *later*.

I really think this is key. I am going to be working hard to remember just that. I will probably have to be looking for you once I build up some strength and am ready to upgrade to warrior :)

Level 1 Adventurer

We're in this together :) I just ordered the Practical Paleo cookbook to learn to make more than just meat and veggies. I love food, and I don't mind making things that take some time so long as I plan ahead and have the ingredients. http://www.amazon.com/Practical-Paleo-Customized-Whole-Foods-Lifestyle/dp/1936608758/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1352468298&sr=8-1&keywords=practical+paleo

Feel free to message and all that jazz if you need backup for food motivation! :) Also, your signature quote is hilarious

Level 1 Adventurer

Welcome Sprene!

I'm new too and have "fallen off the wagon" a few times. The awesome part of falling is getting back up, dusting yourself off and getting back on it. I wish you much success!

GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

Archived