Forums are back in action! ×

Rebel Yell: an introduction.

Hello there everyone!

I am most of my family are built like vikings of old, no joke; middle to tall in height, heavily built, long straight blonde hair. We all are genetically pre-disposed to cary body fat around our hips and waist. I have always loved the hair and the build, but have tried to fight against the clinging body fat through most of my adult life with only fleeting modicums of success, never lasting. I'm turning 30 next year and have resolved that I will win this fight or die trying in the attempt.

Some specifics:

I am six feet tall; my weight for many years was around 270 lbs, far heavier then I ever wanted, and at my worst I was at about 300 pounds even. Over the last two years, by working with a nutritionist I've worked hard and have whittled myself down to (as of weighing in last night) 239 pounds, a feat I'm quite proud of.

I've been solo for quite a while when it comes to health. I have had relationships where my partner would feign interest in exercise and weight loss, but then quit very early in, less then a month in every case. They would then encourage me to join them in returning to bad habits, which history shows I did, sooner or later. As a result, I typically haven't even shared much of my work out and nutrition progress with friends, family and partners, unless I knew without a doubt that they were also similarly working towards healthy goals. While feeling isolated, this has been the only real success I've had with nutrition and fitness.

A good friend of mine (a FPS bad-ass who goes by FireAndLight here) and I had occasionally talked about health and fitness. I had heard of an iPhone app called, "Fitocracy". I asked her about it, and she countered by sharing a link to Nerd Fitness. Like most anyone reading this, I was snared quickly, and soon had read over a dozen blog entries. A few days later I had forgotten about Fitocracy and was discussing Nerd Fitness with FireAndLight regularly, who clued me into the six week challenge and the, "Level up in Real Life" idea. Last night with only a few hours to go, I jumped in here and managed to just make it in, creating a character and posting on the Adventurer forum a few minutes before midnight.

This all came at a good time for me. Before joining this challenge, as of today I'm so far seven weeks into a personal challenge where I haven't skipped a single week exercising, improving on the quantity and quality of my workouts every week. The past four weeks I've averaged four workouts per week, for 30 to 45 minutes at a time. In the duration of my personal challenge I've lost six pounds, even with the occasional adult beverage(s) or ice cream. I'm looking at it in the vein of, "If you live healthy and happy, sooner or later you'll draw or be drawn to others who are likewise interested".

Here goes Day 1 of both the six week challenge and my relationship with Nerd Fitness. See you at the finish line.

TheRedWriter

Level 3 Doppelganger Ranger
"Think not that you have to win. Think instead that you do not have to loose."
STR 8|DEX 4.5|STA 11|CON 6|WIS 6.5|CHA 5

Welcome RedWriter :D I'm happy you decided to rebel! Now I can count on you holding me accountable and you can bet your butt I'll be checking up on you regularly

You got it. I look forward to seeing your progress (and celebrating our success) as well as getting the business end of your boot if you catch me slipping and slacking off.

TheRedWriter

Level 3 Doppelganger Ranger
"Think not that you have to win. Think instead that you do not have to loose."
STR 8|DEX 4.5|STA 11|CON 6|WIS 6.5|CHA 5

Welcome TheRedWriter!

Can't wait to see your progress in the adventurer's forums! Good Luck.

GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

I said MORE MORE MORE!!

Glad to have you interested in Nerd Fitness! I owe my being here to both you and fireandlight.

I have had relationships where my partner would feign interest in exercise and weight loss, but then quit very early in, less then a month in every case. They would then encourage me to join them in returning to bad habits, which history shows I did, sooner or later. As a result, I typically haven't even shared much of my work out and nutrition progress with friends, family and partners, unless I knew without a doubt that they were also similarly working towards healthy goals. While feeling isolated, this has been the only real success I've had with nutrition and fitness.

Here is my chance to change that! Muahaahahaha!!!

Half-Dragon Ranger

Level 4 

Total: Str: 6.75 Dex: 6.75 Sta: 7.5 Con: 4 Wis: 5 Cha: 7.5

~ Here be Dragons ~

Archived