Forums are back in action! ×

Hello Rebels

It's so awesome to meet you all and to have a dandy battle themed fitness community. I've been reading article after article on the nerdfitness blog for the last two days. This is so inspiring yet fun at the same time. About me, I'm a 27 years old guy from India, looking to cultivate healthy fitness and food habits and of course to lose all the extra fat on me. Getting my life back into control is the ultimate goal I'm aiming for.

No Smoking From Tomorrow

Welcome Anarchist!

GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

Could you be more specific about your target weight and what it means for you to be "in shape?" Goals are more acheiveable if they are: Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Reasonable, and Trackable (SMART). Also, why are those your goals? Once you make your goals SMART, knowing the why can help keep you on track.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Okay... I'm not going to worry about the weight part. Because the nerdfitness guide has a note on how it could be misleading and that people might be actually getting fitter even if the weight doesn't change. More importantly, I've failed so many times setting weight or measurement targets. Seriously... so many times.. that it's demotivating to even think about setting a weight target for me.

This time i'm going to try something different. I think if I focus on cultivating fitness and good eating as a habit, weight-loss, getting in shape etc. will follow as a result. I've begun the "Rookie" workout routine on rebel fitness guide. How about I set that as the target?

Performing the Rookie workout routine regularly for 6 continuous weeks is my target. It's SMART too, isn't it? :pride:

No Smoking From Tomorrow

Now you're rocking along! One suggestion is to give yourself recovery days, letting the muscles rebuild after a workout is as important as the workout itself. Way to get away from the significance of the scale and point toward health!

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Archived