Forums are back in action! ×

What made you smile today?

Yay... I get to use it twice in one day....

I got a second interview for the perfect job!!!! My first time being called back for a second interview in 4 years! :) :) :)

Winning-like-a-boss.jpg

Also, this kid wins at birthday cakes....

• Like 2

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

My spouse texted me this morning to remind me that it's September now and we are getting our swim passes this week. It made me smile to know that, not only is he truly on board with integrating fitness into our lives, but he's willing to spearhead it! 

• Like 3

Kilyra|Level 4|Gorgon|Adventurer

Stats: STR 5 | STA 10 | DEX 8 | CON 8 | WIS 9 | CHA 6

"If all I do is try, that means I don't truly believe I can succeed. Look, I may fail. You may fail. But there is no try" ~Kanan Jarrus, Star Wars: Rebels

Introduction|Challenge|The Writer's Guild|Battle Log

Spoiler

Eating 90/10 (2 of 4)

50%
50%

Workout at least 4x a week (8 of 16)

50%
50%

Hollow Body Work 3x a week (6 of 12)

50%
50%

Life Goal: Write 3.5 hrs a week (1 of 4)

25%
25%

Hearing a six year old cry "Oooh, spinach!" as she stole a handful, stuffed it in her mouth and ran away.... The power of cartoons. (We've been watching Popeye)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

I had a moment last night that reaffirmed I had picked the right lady to marry.

After dinner my fiancée asked if I wanted tea. I told her that although I wanted tea, I didn't want to drink any tea. She laughed and asked if I planned to pour in my lap instead. I elaborated, "I'm not really craving tea right now but I still have the urge to be part of the tea after dinner tradition. It's completely weird, I know. Don't worry about it."

After I spouted what I think sounds nuts, she just said, "That's okay, I'm perfectly willing to make you a tea and it can just sit there being your tea. I'm not going to make you drink it."

I feel very blessed to have someone who sees my occasional eccentricities as ... allowable? okay? not cause for ridicule/concern/derision?... and I told her as much.

• Like 3

Sinnah Saint, half-elf, lvl1 Assassin - STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 1.86 | CON 2.86 | WIS 2 | CHA 1.38 - Personal Blog

First 6-Week Challenge

I had a moment last night that reaffirmed I had picked the right lady to marry.

After dinner my fiancée asked if I wanted tea. I told her that although I wanted tea, I didn't want to drink any tea. She laughed and asked if I planned to pour in my lap instead. I elaborated, "I'm not really craving tea right now but I still have the urge to be part of the tea after dinner tradition. It's completely weird, I know. Don't worry about it."

After I spouted what I think sounds nuts, she just said, "That's okay, I'm perfectly willing to make you a tea and it can just sit there being your tea. I'm not going to make you drink it."

I feel very blessed to have someone who sees my occasional eccentricities as ... allowable? okay? not cause for ridicule/concern/derision?... and I told her as much.

This is just wonderful, in a soft, emotional way.

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Spread love and understanding. Use force if necessary." - Leon Trotsky

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

"If you do strange things, strange things will happen!"

"That's it! Now go make something beautiful." -Jake Parker

tea is good for the soul, whether you drink it or not.

I went on a wiki walk (bad Raincloak, need to go do chores!) and I just learned about these really cool fish which can see by electricity and have really big brains.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mormyridae

http://www.wetwebmedia.com/FWSubWebIndex/mormyrids.htm

I want some, except, I don't believe in buying wild-caught pet fish...

• Like 1

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

giant-spider01.jpg

• Like 2

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

tumblr_nu8q7ou6H71skw1n7o1_1280.jpg

His tumblr

Amazing stuff! Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

B17's???? (Possibly showing ignorance here)

Guzzi, the one in the back is a B-17, the close one is a B-24.  See no ignorance, you haz all the knowledge.

• Like 2

“It’s the sensible, logical thing to do, of course, which is why we don’t do it.” -Tanis, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

"Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." - Raistlin - Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Current Challenge

Holy hell, Insanity! That is bad-ass!

tvtropes, Sequence breaking

The Half-Life 2 "SMOD" gives Gordon a kick attack. When the Freelance Astronauts tried it out on the airboat levels, well... they don't call it the Kickboat Sagaexternal_link.gif for nothing.

Reminds me of the times I used to do similar things with friends,

just goofing off.