Forums are back in action! ×

What's your own personal motto

There are talkers and there are doers. I prefer to do.

• Like 1

"I have always been of the opinion that unpopularity earned by doing what is right is not unpopularity at all, but glory" - Cicero

"The deepest feeling always shows itself in silence." - Marianne Moore

"Praise be to the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1-2

"You must understand, young hobbit, it takes a very long time to say anything in Old Entish. And we never say anything unless it is worth taking a long time to say."- Tree Beard

Level 3 Barbarian (True Neutral, Frighteningly ISTP)

The Heart of an Assassin, The Mind of a Monk

STR 4 | DEX 3.5 | STA 4 | WIS/INT 2 | CHA 2

Special Event:

N/A

Daily Battle Log  1

Here's mine:

“The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible.†

We must not limit ourselves to something we can do, we must go beyond, do something out of our comfort zone. There we can see the real happiness and satisfaction. 

It applies not just in my workout but I apply it in everything ;)

Tune in to the Elite Flow State Training for Athletes through Action Movements in  C Wilson Meloncelli's Flow.

I learned this one during army training, was a favorit saying of our sgt: "Pain is just a feeling".

It really helps when they have you do stupid shit like marching 130km with full equipment and no food in 4 days.

I never got that lean again :D

My modified version of that is "Whether it kills you, or not, it'll end eventually"

Little more morbid I guess, but it works for me.

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Courtesy of Logan Ninefinger's a Character in Joe Abercrombies FIRST LAW series. Who happens to be a Psychotic, Bi polar, Viking esq warrior who is attempting to be a better man..... 

Still Alive .....

and

You got to be realistic.....

And from Inquisitor Glockter:  A crippled former POW who has a great disdain for both steps and humanity.

Why do I do this? Why? 

Im about as Hard a Target as a balloon full of cottage cheese.....

"Prove me wrong."

I tend to think I can't do things a lot, so my way of dealing with that is imaging someone else saying it and taunting me into proving them wrong, which I find really motivating. Then when I do it, I can be like "Take that, past me! I totally CAN do it!"

Level 1 Half Elf Warrior

STR 2 | STA 3 | DEX 1 | CON 3 | WIS 1 | CHA 0

Challenges: [1]  [2]  [3]

Current Challenge  

Because who doesn't want to be a laser magician?

My motto is from my childhood hero the Dragon itself, Bruce Lee. He once said a passage which is someting I often forget, but everytime I get to remember it feels me up with emotion and I feel like I understand somthing more about myself and the world:

"If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateus and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them".

And another of him which I try to live by daily:

"I am not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine".

• Like 4

Race: Half-Elf          Class: Warrior-Assassin

Level: 0                     Last Challenge:

----------------------------------------------------------------------
STR: x | CON: x | DEX: x | INT: x | WIS: x | CHA: x |

"[I am] the spark that will light the flame of the Rebellion"

"If you want something in your life you've never had, you'll have to do something you've never done."

"Do not fear failure--not failure, but low aim, is the crime. In great attempts, it is glorious even to fail." -Bruce Lee

And of course..."No one believes your excuses but you!" -Steve Kamb

• Like 1

~Arrowan

Human, Adventurer 

Level 4

STR 9/ DEX 6/ STA 15/CON 8/WIS 16/CHA 7

"Use what talent you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang 

except those that sang best." -Henry Van Dyke

I think everyone I know would say it's 'C'est la vie'. due to my general tendency to just accept more or less everything.

Personally? I actually abide by my family motto (yes, I have one, fringe benefit of being able to trace both my Scottish and Irish geneaology)

it's 'True To The End'

I have taken all knowledge to be my province.

- Sir Francis Bacon

Level 0 Human, leaning towards Assassin

"To say that nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile, and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say that everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."

- The Creed, as desribed by Ezio Auditore

Easy ... "All that Glisters Is Not Gold" its from The Merchant of Venice, and I've got it tattooed on my left shin

VFewsjbl.jpg

It reminds me that money/possession/etc aren't the only things worth striving for.

Half-Ork Scout Leader
Running PRs : 5K 24m16s | 10K 53m32s | 15K 1h18m09s | Half Marathon 2h1m44s | Marathon 4h42m2s 
Past Challenges #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13  #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22
                               #23 #24 #25 #26 #27 #28 #29 #30 #31 #32 #33 #34 #35 #36 #37 #38 #39 #40
Current Challenge Don't Call It A Comeback

"Memento Mori" Latin, in english it stands for "Remember Death" as in remember that you will die one day. It helps motivate me to take more risks with life, to try to take initiative in a lot of things, and to not procrastinate. 

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

"What is your motto?"

"Arresting Lupin."

-Maria Isshiki interviewing Inspector Koichi Zenigata, Lupin III: Tokyo Crisis

Actually, I don't really have a permanent motto but I thought the quote I put up there better than "What's a motto with you?"

...Although "Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations" was one I had for a good while. I go back to it every now and then.

Calorie Counting/ Nutrition Tracking for a year on MyFitnessPal+Fitbit One (365 days = .27% per day, Day 74):

19.98%
19.98%

New Year's Resolution - Healthy Weight/BMI for Summer (June 1st, Get to about 130 lbs/22 BMI approx. in 152 days/21 weeks starting from 153 lbs = 4.35% per pound, currently 142):

47.85%
47.85%

Graduate Culinary School {20% per section: F.O.H. ( A ), Hot Foods ( C ), Garde Manger [Cold Foods], Bakeshop, Test}     Passed Certifications: ServSafe, Management

40%
40%

Fitbit, MyFitnessPal

Intro  Challenges: 1 2 Reset 3

Mine is also my signature. Sweat dries, Blood clots, Bones heal, Suck it up Marine. Semper Fi, Do or die! For me it means I'm going to get sweaty, bloody, or break a bone but it ain't a big deal because those are all temporary deal with it. The second part is the unofficial Marine Corps motto, do whatever you set out to do or die trying.

Sweat dries, Blood clots, Bones heal. Suck it up Marine.

Semper Fi, Do or die!