Forums are back in action! ×

Nerdmas Secret Santa 2014

Update re: the lollies - The Telepathic Power, Flash Speed and X-Ray Vision drops are made of a variety of sugary treat that is unknown to the Australian.  So I decided to try some and see what they were.
Sherbety.  They are sherbety.

And also very nearly gone, because sherbety is best lolly.
On a related note, what do we reckon are the consequences of ODing on Telepathy, Flash Speed and X-Ray Vision all at once?

• Like 2

Previous challenges:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

Update re: the lollies - The Telepathic Power, Flash Speed and X-Ray Vision drops are made of a variety of sugary treat that is unknown to the Australian.  So I decided to try some and see what they were.
Sherbety.  They are sherbety.

And also very nearly gone, because sherbety is best lolly.

On a related note, what do we reckon are the consequences of ODing on Telepathy, Flash Speed and X-Ray Vision all at once?

Previous challenges:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

Consequences of being uncontrollably super fast, seeing through objects and hearing people's thoughts all at once?  ..... Hmm, I would imagine that would make you prone to crashing into things since you can see through them and are moving too fast to stop and look properly, and likely dizziness.  Kind of like a super-charged bat out during the day.  

• Like 3

Level 20 Ranger Monk 

Str- 18, Dex-12, Sta-10, Con-23, Wis-88, Cha-47

"Not all who wander are lost."

"We Shall Not Practice Fear"

Current Battlelog

Consequences of telepathy = reading your own mind and getting stuck in a loop. Flash speed = time travel, only into the future, where Earth is gone, you have no oxygen and die. X-ray vision, you give everyone cancer and kill yourself out of guilt.

On a matter of Santaness, I got a freaking food dehydrator!!!! I'm soo stoked! I've already broke out the mandolin and started slicing up fruit. This will make traveling with some food soo much easier when I go to bjj. I don't have to worry about stuff opening or smashing my fruit(damn us frugavores)

Thank you so much Santanerd!

• Like 3

I am the Brawlus, goo goo, g'joob.

I love my dehydrator. .... I'm planning to start experimenting with trail foods for hiking this summer

• Like 3

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

From my Santa!  (and yes, the exclamation point is needed) Mjolnir, A Thor workout shirt, a mini-mjolnir pin and a Groot Bobble Head.  Groot came with me to work today.  
tumblr_ngu18b5lb91skbydco1_1280.jpg

Closeup of mini-Mjolnir and Groot

tumblr_ngu0s0ZD7F1skbydco2_1280.jpg

So very happy about this.  JJ is going to flip when he sees Mjolnir.  

Thank you to my secret Santa.  This was great.

• Like 7

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

That is some awesome work out gear!    

My Secret Santa is the Bomb!   I think I literally got the 3 best things off my wish list.  

Nightmare Before Christmas Soundtrack (I had this on cassette back in the day and lost/broke it)

The new Princess Bride book - As You Wish (LOVE LOVE LOVE)

and (drum roll please)...  the Nerd Fitness shield Tee that I have wanted for 3 challenges!  Can I get a Woot Woot?!

Thanks Santa!

I haven't had a chance to try on the T-Short yet.  But if it fits I think I'll wear it every day over Christmas holidays..   My family won't mind right?

• Like 5

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

That is some awesome work out gear!    

My Secret Santa is the Bomb!   I think I literally got the 3 best things off my wish list.  

Nightmare Before Christmas Soundtrack (I had this on cassette back in the day and lost/broke it)

The new Princess Bride book - As You Wish (LOVE LOVE LOVE)

and (drum roll please)...  the Nerd Fitness shield Tee that I have wanted for 3 challenges!  Can I get a Woot Woot?!

Thanks Santa!

I haven't had a chance to try on the T-Short yet.  But if it fits I think I'll wear it every day over Christmas holidays..   My family won't mind right?

I am so glad you liked it!!!

If it doesn't fit lemme know.... I am sure we can exchange it :)

• Like 1

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

I was terrible and opened my gifts a while back. I lost to that super villain.

I got few salt and pepper shakers (if you didn't know I collect some pretty weird ones). I got pilgrims, snowmen, and NINJAS!

Also, I got origami supplies and Star Wars origami book (still have to make the Yoda one for Santa).

Also, I have cool calendar with quotes for each day (called I Can DO IT). Funny because I never know the date or the day of the week (6 day work schedule will do it to you). I didn't know it was the 19th until now. I thought it was tomorrow.

Also, started reading Meditations from the Mat. Love how each day goes on more to talk about the branches of yoga.

Santa already heard how much I love them for it, but I'll say it AGAIN I seriously love you. *hug*

• Like 5

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.†

~Paulo Coelho

I'm a level 3 moon elf, who's an druid assassin.

My Inspiration

Tumblr, which helps me stay the course for art challenge

FB, which I guess we could be friend :tongue:

My challenge

Instagram

It's Nerdmas Day! I understand I have another package coming that will be late. My Santa said to watch for three packages, I've gotten two so far but that just means an extra bonus Christmas later!

I got: Pawnee: The Greatest Town in America! You guys don't even know the level of my obsession with "Parks and Recreation" (well, my Santa probably does after seeing all of the Parks stuff on my wish list). I always joke with people that when I'm bored I just start watching Parks and Rec over again, but that's not really a joke so much as what I really actually do when I'm bored and want to watch something. It is definitely one of my all-time favorite shows so I was SO EXCITED to get this! I can't wait to read it!

I also got: fancy delicious coffee! I'm drinking some right now and it is so good. It's got that great rich, bold flavor I love AND the package is cute. True story: I forgot to get coffee when I went to the grocery store and was bummed I was going to have to go back out to get some. It was meant to be!

So I am a dumb and there was a note with the Pawnee book that had my Santa's name on it, but as I was making the coffee I also did a quick (and much needed) clean up session and accidentally threw it away. And of course I already took out my trash to the dumpster (I have to do chores immediately and in their entirety otherwise things will always be sitting around half-done). So, sorry, but thank you whoever you are! I'll let you know when gift three gets here!

Merry Nerdmas and happy Nerd Year, everyone!

• Like 4

Current challenge: Respawn Time!

Happy Nerdmas Day!

I opened mine a while ago (I online shopped for Christmas for my kids and didn't realize it wasn't something I ordered)

good thing I did... because with my new bracelet (that I am stuck with til th end of the month) I am having a hard time finding long sleeved shirts that fit (all my long sleeves are underarmor... and skin tight and don't fit over my cast :( )

10868202_10203883117453238_1345007927057

it's awesome because I have a hard time finding hoodies that the hoods are roomy :D

10849798_10203883116493214_5105667636663

thank you secret santa... you kept me warm this week :)

we hiked to the reservoir

10430913_10203860813095643_4637917257835

I love you secret santa!!!!! (whoever you are :P )

• Like 4

Spoiler

I got: Pawnee: The Greatest Town in America! You guys don't even know the level of my obsession with "Parks and Recreation" (well, my Santa probably does after seeing all of the Parks stuff on my wish list). I always joke with people that when I'm bored I just start watching Parks and Rec over again, but that's not really a joke so much as what I really actually do when I'm bored and want to watch something. It is definitely one of my all-time favorite shows so I was SO EXCITED to get this! I can't wait to read it!

Merry Nerdmas and happy Nerd Year, everyone!

Omg I now know what to get my mom. She is obsessed with Parks and Recreation.

Also, Merry Nerdmas and happy Nerd Year to you

• Like 2

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.†

~Paulo Coelho

I'm a level 3 moon elf, who's an druid assassin.

My Inspiration

Tumblr, which helps me stay the course for art challenge

FB, which I guess we could be friend :tongue:

My challenge

Instagram

Opened mine a few weeks ago, I had exams and needed a pick me up.  I LOVE IT.  I got the Joy of Cooking,  DIY cookbook from America's test kitchen, a Little Big town cd, and a set of throwing knives.  I think I actually squealed when I opened the box.  

THANK YOU SECRET SANTA  

I have to go learn how to throw knives now.

• Like 2

Level 20 Ranger Monk 

Str- 18, Dex-12, Sta-10, Con-23, Wis-88, Cha-47

"Not all who wander are lost."

"We Shall Not Practice Fear"

Current Battlelog

Smooth motion on your throws.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

I was terrible and opened my gifts a while back. I lost to that super villain.

I got few salt and pepper shakers (if you didn't know I collect some pretty weird ones). I got pilgrims, snowmen, and NINJAS!

Also, I got origami supplies and Star Wars origami book (still have to make the Yoda one for Santa).

Also, I have cool calendar with quotes for each day (called I Can DO IT). Funny because I never know the date or the day of the week (6 day work schedule will do it to you). I didn't know it was the 19th until now. I thought it was tomorrow.

Also, started reading Meditations from the Mat. Love how each day goes on more to talk about the branches of yoga.

Santa already heard how much I love them for it, but I'll say it AGAIN I seriously love you. *hug*

You are more than welcome and I love you too :D *hug*

• Like 2

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn