Forums are back in action! ×

That ONE piece of clothing you use to love.

I'm sure many of you have it. I know I do. I have this tank top in my drawer that I haven't fit into in years. My goal is to do just that.

Here is a place to mention/show that one piece of clothing and at a later date, come back and show everyone yourself wearing it.

This is the front and back image of the shirt. I feel I'm just a few months from being back in it.

mlFi7gj.jpg

MQlza1R.jpg

• Like 3

I am the Brawlus, goo goo, g'joob.

Haha! That's awesome.

I don't have any pictures of my victory clothes unfortunately. I've been decluttering the hell out of my room/house lately, though, and when it comes to my clothes I sorted everything in piles for different purposes, such as "trash", "donate", "keep", etc. One of the piles consists of pants I will wear once my ass slims down.

The "to wear once my ass slims down" pile is exempt from the clutterbuster rules--it will stay in plain view for motivational purposes instead of being put away. I'm even considering taking a picture of the pile and taping it to my desk at work, to prevent workplace pastry attacks.

One of the pairs of pants I will HAVE to wear at a con in May. Failure to slim my ass down is not an option.

• Like 1

I'm at the wrong end of the spectrum to join in with this, which is a shame coz it would have been a good motivator.

What I found when I lost weight was that I never realised just how much I'd lost at any stage, so by the time I thought my "goal clothes" would fit me they were all too bloody big!

This was such a shame because I had some clothes that I LOVED but I ended up donating them without ever getting the chance to wear them. And it meant that my perception of my size was totally skewed. Maybe if if been trying them on every now and then I would have felt better about myself instead of constantly feeling fat.

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

I'm at the wrong end of the spectrum to join in with this, which is a shame coz it would have been a good motivator.

What I found when I lost weight was that I never realised just how much I'd lost at any stage, so by the time I thought my "goal clothes" would fit me they were all too bloody big!

This was such a shame because I had some clothes that I LOVED but I ended up donating them without ever getting the chance to wear them. And it meant that my perception of my size was totally skewed. Maybe if if been trying them on every now and then I would have felt better about myself instead of constantly feeling fat.

You're good here. Find a new goal outfit, something that syncs up with your personality, or how you want to see yourself  and show it off. I'm no stickler for formality, so my reason for the thread needn't be canon.

dysmorphia is a terrible thing, but you're beautiful at every stage and you will be at every future stage.

• Like 1

Haha! That's awesome.

I don't have any pictures of my victory clothes unfortunately. I've been decluttering the hell out of my room/house lately, though, and when it comes to my clothes I sorted everything in piles for different purposes, such as "trash", "donate", "keep", etc. One of the piles consists of pants I will wear once my ass slims down.

The "to wear once my ass slims down" pile is exempt from the clutterbuster rules--it will stay in plain view for motivational purposes instead of being put away. I'm even considering taking a picture of the pile and taping it to my desk at work, to prevent workplace pastry attacks.

One of the pairs of pants I will HAVE to wear at a con in May. Failure to slim my ass down is not an option.

Get some and get as many on here as you feel you want. if there are clothes that help inspire your journey, they belong here.

In my closet, I have a set of garb that I used to wear to the Ren Faire.  It hasn't fit me since I was in the military, before my accident.  Back when I wore Large BDUs.  That's my one piece of clothing.

Ren Faire garb, now we're talking. I sadly don't have much of anything in my Nerdrobe, but a few comic themed shirts.

Raaaaaage! That happened to me also. The pants were 200$ :( Maybe they can be cut apart and re-purposed for cosplay or something.

Get some and get as many on here as you feel you want. if there are clothes that help inspire your journey, they belong here.

Get some pics? I shall. Maybe. If I'm not having a fat day haha.

(Most of them do fit currently, I just don't like how they look due to my current body shape -_-)

• Like 1

Raaaaaage! That happened to me also. The pants were 200$ :( Maybe they can be cut apart and re-purposed for cosplay or something.

Get some pics? I shall. Maybe. If I'm not having a fat day haha.

(Most of them do fit currently, I just don't like how they look due to my current body shape -_-)

Naa... you can take a pic of the clothes themselves without you being in the pic. I'm certainly not in my pics.

I always thought it'd be a cool idea for a clothing company.... say a person buys a pair of pants in a plus size. That person can return them at any point within a year(flexible) for a smaller size, without cost. The used clothing can then be sold at discounted prices(no returns on discount rack, sorry). Of course, the clothing rental services may have rendered my idea moot, but I like it, still. It's incentive to lose weight and you don't have to spend more to buy new ones when you lose weight.

• Like 1

You're good here. Find a new goal outfit, something that syncs up with your personality, or how you want to see yourself and show it off. I'm no stickler for formality, so my reason for the thread needn't be canon.

Hmmm....

Well, I've always had a love of the fashion of 1940s, not that you would guess from the way I usually dress. Haha! :D

I love the fitted tailoring and the very defined waist that usually features in the styles of that era, and it actually suits my body shape, win! I'll find some pictures and add them in later.

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Only one piece?? Impossible...

I have a large storage container of "I can't believe there was ever a time I could fit into these!" super cute, absolute favorite things, as well as 2 drawers of jeans in various sizes ranging from "If I jump up and down to get into them, then lay down to button and zip them, then just don't breath or move they fit" all the way to "can't get these past my mid thigh". Oh, and I'd say a good 40% of the clothes in my closet are too tight to feel comfortable wearing them.

Sadly, it is nearly impossible for me to clean out my closet (even though some things haven't fit in YEARS). I guess that feels like the ultimate give up, as though I'm finally waving the white flag and saying goodbye to that body size. Perhaps I should pick out some goal outfits to hang in view as extra motivation... I do have a super cute dress I'd love to wear to an event in late July... guess I better get focused!

• Like 2

The cake is a lie.

I have this hand made suit thingie. Which looks bloody awesome. Paid a fortune for it as well. But I need to get rid of a few KGs and I'll be good to go!

Recovering from an epic clash with gravity, which I lost.

Nobody gets out of life, alive || Senpai noticed me! || Company of unemployed superheroes

Trying to get back on the forums and back in exercising in life any help motivation is welcome

I don't keep clothes that don't fit anymore. Having pants that don't fit in my drawer felt like I was shaming myself every time I saw them. Now I just feel happy that I have pants that fit me well and are comfortable/attractive to me. I tend to keep my clothes for a long time and my size hasn't varied a huge amount in recent years so I felt there was no point to keeping them stored & wasting space. My body will get to where it can be whenever it's ready. I've let go of a lot of favorites as a result, but now I have new favorites.

large.160408-131006.jpg

This reminds me of the proper order of things. Plus I have to stay in shape or it doesn't fit!

• Like 1

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Arian, arian, zehetzen da burnia. -Basque proverb

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

2017 Goals: Maintain BW BS, 100kg DL - Muscle Up - 1/2 Marathon Condition - Abs

I have a dress that I bought on vacation in Italy back when I was a few pounds lighter.  It's easily the most expensive (and fun!) dress I own, so I refuse to give it up! It will be a great reward to be able to wear it confidently again.

226-3001678-BQT167JGU27_LEOPARDRED.jpg

(The photo is of a model wearing it. My legs will never be that skinny. I've got quads :) )

• Like 1

Current Challenge: The Cliffs of Insanity  Previous Challenges: #1#2, #3#4#5#6, #7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16#17#18#19#20#21#22, #23, #24, #25, #26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33#34#35

Battle Log: Operation Fly-By-Night

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”

― Neil Gaiman

I don't have "nice" clothes as motivation.

When I work out, I put on clothes that look completely ridiculous on me (tank tops, tight fitting T-shirts etc).  Only when I stop looking ridiculous in them, I will allow myself to wear "normal" clothes when I work out.

I'm shaming myself into working out.

My Profile        |     I must not fear.  Fear is the mind killer.

My Battle Log  |     Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration.

|     I will face my fear.  I will permit it to pass over me and through me.

Start to Run      |     And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see its path.

|   Where the fear has gone, there will be nothing.  Only I will remain.

On 8 June 2016 at 6:23 AM, Igaduma said:

I don't have "nice" clothes as motivation.

When I work out, I put on clothes that look completely ridiculous on me (tank tops, tight fitting T-shirts etc).  Only when I stop looking ridiculous in them, I will allow myself to wear "normal" clothes when I work out.

I'm shaming myself into working out.

The only problem with this is that sometimes you just don't notice when that happens, lol! :D

This is the same picture I posted for my challenge,  when I reach 1000 total pounds, I will get a full suit and tie. I love the black on black on black here...and the car's not bad either...

Only problem is life got in the way hard these past 6 months and I'll be pretty much starting over soon.

http://www.wallpaperup.com/475648/JOHN_WICK_action_thriller_hitman_assassin_john-wick_reeves_keanu.html

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

On 6/15/2016 at 4:34 PM, Guzzi said:

This is kinda what I'd like to be able to wear.

29311936ca99594120e77131d2ba5157.jpg

I'm already the smallest I've been in my adult life, but I still don't think I can quite pull it off.

1940s you say, I've looked at 1940s mugshots and liked the suits they wore. :-)

Also, from what I've seen, you could rock that dress.

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)