Forums are back in action! ×

Battle Kitten: Ascension

Is it inappropriate of I start responding to all of downstairs guy's texts with this gif? Because it's pretty much my reaction every fucking time.

tumblr_m78ldo200l1rziwwco1_500.gif

• Like 6

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

23 hours ago, fleaball said:

tumblr_m78ldo200l1rziwwco1_500.gif

I definitely want to pick up this phrase as a comeback now. 

17 hours ago, Briniel said:

I'm afraid it is not a socially acceptable answer, albeit a completely understandable one.

12 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

Do it!

I agree with both of these statements. 

• Like 2

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

Yay!  Congrats on the interview - and sending the thank you notes!  Sounds like it went really well (and I totally LOLed at the forgetting words on the way out, because I've done that too - usually it happens to me in the hallway when someone asks how I'm doing and I'm like "....eh?")

On 7/29/2016 at 3:09 PM, fleaball said:

And I can't get "Guns and Ships" out of my head bc I was at Lafayette Square and there was a statue of Rochambeau. Fangirl problems. 

And now it's in my head too... thanks...  :uncomfortableness:

Hope the rest of your weekend went well!

• Like 2

Level 19 Ravenclaw Rebel

"Every action you take is a vote for the type of person you wish to become." (James Clear, Atomic Habits)
COMPLETED CHALLENGES: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 13.5 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21/21

CURRENT CHALLENGE: AThousandWords casts a vote

Protip: when you have an appointment at 2:30, don't leave your house at 2:30. 

• Like 5

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

7 hours ago, athousandwords said:

And now it's in my head too... thanks...  :uncomfortableness:

Sharing is caring. <3

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Congratulations on the interview, sounds like it went well overall :)

• Like 1

Level 21 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 18  -  CON: 22  -  CHA: 11  -  SAN: 19  -  INT: 17

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Get going!

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map - 2022 road map/wrap-up

On the interview front? Nein. Vaguely hoping that since she told me they're planning on follow-ups with the boss man and that they have to pick someone by the 12th, that means I should be expecting something?

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

17 hours ago, Owlet said:

Ha weird, I was literally just talking about German language with my friend. Ok so it's not that weird, she is half German. But still. I'm bored and I'm hungry ok, I'm just talking for the sake of it. Anyway, fingers crossed for you. How's everything else?

Beyond hoping a sinkhole opens up beneath downstairs guy at some point when he's far away from the house, nothing new. I'm not doing anything productive except for my econ homework, which kinda has to get done. Low-key freaking out about the Spartan being in 24 days. Time to start practicing burpees, if nothing else. 

So this is fun. Last night and tonight captain dickhead texts me simply with "a/c." Last night I was so mad I couldn't come up with a response, but tonight I told him to ask politely first. Which leads to a rant that's more caps than not and apparently I was supposed to know that when he said "please turn it on and leave it on" he meant leave it on all summer? Including when no one is home? I'll spare you all the details but tl;dr I'm shaking right now bc I'm pissed off that he's a child and also because confrontation, but I'm also vaguely pleased with myself for being assertive. Not as assertive as I'd like to be, because I really just want to tell him to go to hell, but I have to stay more or less civil since a) we need to go down there in the winter because of the stupid water situation (although I'd love for him not to turn it off out of spite at some point and have the pipes burst and flood his apartment) and b.) since my roommate is never home I have to deal with him regardless. Buuuut she comes back from vacation on Friday, so at some point this week she's going to notice that it's on and probably flip her shit, so she can fight with him then. She's also in charge of wrangling the bills (landlord auto-pays them, but roommate has his logins to go in and tell us how much we owe, which she hasn't done since May? June?) so maybe her argument will hold more weight. 

Ugh I'm not looking forward to having to find a place and actually moving again, but I cannot wait until December when we can get out of this fucking house.

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

8 hours ago, fleaball said:

Low-key freaking out about the Spartan being in 24 days. Time to start practicing burpees, if nothing else. 

Meeee too. 

So this is fun. Last night and tonight captain dickhead texts me simply with "a/c." Last night I was so mad I couldn't come up with a response, but tonight I told him to ask politely first. Which leads to a rant that's more caps than not and apparently I was supposed to know that when he said "please turn it on and leave it on" he meant leave it on all summer? Including when no one is home? I'll spare you all the details but tl;dr I'm shaking right now bc I'm pissed off that he's a child and also because confrontation, but I'm also vaguely pleased with myself for being assertive.

Ughhhh I have sympathy rage. I do not miss roommates. Good job for being assertive about it!

• Like 1

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

Is this something you can defer to your landlord?  Like, get him to make an executive decision on whether the A/C should be run during the day? Or do you pay your own electric, etc, so he doesn't really care?

I'll admit, we leave our A/C on during the day when no one (except the cats) are home. We keep intending to get a programmable one that would allow us to keep it warmer during the day, but haven't done it yet. Plus I've noticed (through the empirical study of asking a few guys) that men tend to run warmer and want the A/C on more.  Although, since he lives in the basement, it should technically be cooler down there...  Either way, glad you stood your ground, but sorry it turned into a confrontation. :( 

• Like 1

Level 19 Ravenclaw Rebel

"Every action you take is a vote for the type of person you wish to become." (James Clear, Atomic Habits)
COMPLETED CHALLENGES: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 13.5 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21/21

CURRENT CHALLENGE: AThousandWords casts a vote

6 hours ago, NeverThatBored said:

Ughhhh I have sympathy rage. I do not miss roommates. Good job for being assertive about it!

Oh my god. He really is more like a roommate than anything. I didn't even realize this. And now I'm even more pissed off because this is not what I signed on for. 

5 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

Also, would you me to take care of your downstairs neighbor? I can.

Will you need help hiding the body?

3 hours ago, athousandwords said:

Is this something you can defer to your landlord?  Like, get him to make an executive decision on whether the A/C should be run during the day? Or do you pay your own electric, etc, so he doesn't really care?

I'll admit, we leave our A/C on during the day when no one (except the cats) are home. We keep intending to get a programmable one that would allow us to keep it warmer during the day, but haven't done it yet. Plus I've noticed (through the empirical study of asking a few guys) that men tend to run warmer and want the A/C on more.  Although, since he lives in the basement, it should technically be cooler down there...  Either way, glad you stood your ground, but sorry it turned into a confrontation. :( 

Landlord is in Slovenia and doesn't give a shit about anything at the moment. We pay our own utilities so he definitely doesn't care on that front. I strongly suspect it's not even a legal apartment downstairs but there's really nothing that can be done about that. Complain to the housing commission to try to get him kicked out? Okay sure, but at best that means both the landlord and my roommate are pissed at me forever.

I mean, I'm not judging. I totally see the appeal of it. But you guys are willing to pay for it so it's totally fine. I told him I'm not leaving it on when the house is empty or when I'm the only one home because roommate and I are neither willing nor able to pay a ridiculous amount of money to run an inefficient system, but if he wants to pay a larger share of the electric bill we can set it to whatever he wants. The response he was typing when that went through mysteriously disappeared and I didn't hear from him for the rest of the night. :rolleyes: As it is he asked me to set it to be on from 6:30p-6:30a every night. I'm not thrilled with it and I expect my roommate to be pissed when she comes back. We had to go down last week while he was away because the pilot light went out on the water heater and there was a noticeable difference in the temperature between the basement and the rest of the house.

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

3 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

It's better if you don't know. I'm of Italian descent, I may or may not have this sort of thing in my blood.

For some reason when I saw "Italian" I automatically thought of Italian food and just assumed you were going to cook the body?? Whoops.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, NeverThatBored said:

For some reason when I saw "Italian" I automatically thought of Italian food and just assumed you were going to cook the body?? Whoops.

• Like 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Ugh. Yeah it is kind of like he's your roommate. Except worse because you don't actually live together so of course you have different preferences for stuff like A/C. Ugh. 

I told him I'm not leaving it on when the house is empty or when I'm the only one home because roommate and I are neither willing nor able to pay a ridiculous amount of money to run an inefficient system, but if he wants to pay a larger share of the electric bill we can set it to whatever he wants.

Totally reasonable. Why on earth would you want to pay for something you can't afford and don't want, just to make him happy? Good luck. 

How's the rotator cuff anyway? and other various injuries? Well, ankle. Hip? Found that giant protective bubble yet that we both clearly need? :P 

• Like 3

I went to bed at 1 am and didn't see his car outside. After the AC kicked in at 6:30 and I shut the windows even though the weather  was gorgeous. I'm so pissed. And ofc making myself more anxious by dwelling on it and basically expecting a fight at any moment. 

Dude I am a disaster. Rotator cuff seems to have healed, but the same shoulder hurts anyway. Could be nothing as its a very new development and maybe I slept on it wrong or something. Ankle is still weak and feels kinda crunchy but hasn't hurt in a while. However, I haven't been doing the stretches for it bc last week I got some weird spot removed from my calf (not a wart or a mole) and doing the stretches irritates it. Stitches come out Monday though. Hip they're pretty sure is a lymph node being pissy. Had blood drawn Monday to check for inflammation but it could just be the way I sit aggravating it? :rolleyes: Haven't found a bubble yet. I'll check Etsy soon. I'm such a mess though. Suddenly every ache and pain and just general weird feeling means I'm dying, or at the very least will lose all function in one or more organs or limbs. I'm going to blame it on a combination of my anxiety running a lot higher over the past year (I moved to DC a year ago yesterday! Whee!) and some kind of lingering mental trauma from last year. (The first sign of a crazy infection that apparently almost killed me was a swollen lymph node in my neck, which I somehow thought was just a pulled muscle from sleeping wrong. And the story just gets more ridiculous from there but tl;dr I was a lot sicker than I realized and just didn't pay attention. So now I think I'm overcompensating by worrying about everything.) 

it's 4 am. I should probably sleep, right? K. 

• Like 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

HOLY FUCK I GOT THE INTERNSHIP?!?? No second interview, just an email an hour ago saying "we are pleased to confirm your internship with us..." Dafuq. Ahhh. Also it's hilarious because on Wednesday my therapist and I were talking about how I need to get cracking on the job front so I'm supposed to do an hour of job searching each day or do 30 burpees. I guess I'm doing neither? (Exercise will happen. Shush.) It's vaguely unforunate because I found a few interesting things to apply to last night, but I'm not turning this down. It's paid, plus it's something current and local, which my resume is sorely lacking in. Ahhhhhh. Now I have to go spend an obscene amount of money on a wardrobe overhaul, but it doesn't start for a month so I've got time.

60581-Confetti-It-s-A-Parade-.gif

6 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

After all the stuff that went down last winter, it's not surprising that you would be concerned about things now. It's totally normal!

Sounds like it is time for some baby steps to get back on track. You are much stronger than you think!

Baby steps. Sure. Spartan is a baby step right? =P 

• Like 6

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi