Forums are back in action! ×

Battle Kitten: Ascension

2 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I must admit, my favorite chicken is boneless skinless thighs. 

Dark meat ftw!!

• Like 4

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

@Tanktimus the Encourager is spot on about the chickens. "Sometimes you've got to lose money to make money" is how this article puts it.

https://www.thedailymeal.com/cook/reason-costco-rotisserie-chicken-price-never-change

Those chickens are great when we're having a super busy week and L isn't doing a tonne of cooking. Such an easy protein. Fun fact, flea: D doesn't like picking chicken off bones either, so when he brings a chicken back from the store, L strips all the meat off the bones and puts it in a nice big tupperware container and it goes in the fridge so there's easy ready-to-grab chicken ready to eat.

I guess the next time you fill out a dating profile, mention that you want someone who's willing to de-bone chicken for you?  :D

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Fitbit  |  Current Challenge  |  Old Challenges:  1 ~ 2 ~ 3 ~ 4 ~ 5 ~ 6 ~ 7 ~ 8 ~ 9 ~ 10 ~ 11 ~ 12 ~ 13 ~ 14 ~ 15 ~ 16 ~ 17 ~ 18 ~ 19 ~ 20 ~ 21 ~ 22

Forum avatar is custom art by the talented Veronica Guzzardi

Yay! :D Huzzah for therapists, chicken nuggets, mashed potatoes, hyperboles and awesome honest fleas!

38 minutes ago, fleaball said:

both are microwavable, and I'm not letting myself feel guilty about it.

I love your attitude here. Socks are microwavable too and there's no guilt to be had eating them, for sure. ^^

Although if you're going to keep making pledges like this I may change my tune and find something I can really regret lol.

No!!! :blue: You do you, keep understanding your life and having fun. I've dodged this bullet, I'm not eager to take another one... (joking, I love bullets, actually, and not joking: you're doing great!)

Is that a promise? It sounds like a promise. And promises made here are legally binding, per international law.

I promise you that sock eaters are going to rule the world one day. Them or Tiax. Or breeches. They're riding up awfully wedge-liky today.

But since I know you're all disappointed, here's a cat going after some socks (mmmh, socks!):

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095bb526c13030676a2e

BTW, I've searched, and tardigrades don't eat socks. Tardigrades are never gonna rule the world, I tell ya!

And now to my cunning exit and to find something to do with the seasoning I had prepared... mmmh... cajun seasoned socks...

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Legally bound to hug people in need.

Living life as a Druid is about walking with the beasts. It's about being scared, looking your fears in the eyes and going on anyway. Dread doesn't go away, you just learn to know it. It's still a beast, it still has fangs, but you walk among it.

Just now, Jean said:

I love your attitude here. Socks are microwavable too and there's no guilt to be had eating them, for sure. ^^

You are seriously cracking me up here. I don't know why but this sock eating thing is killing me.

Just now, Jean said:

BTW, I've searched, and tardigrades don't eat socks. Tardigrades are never gonna rule the world, I tell ya!

Tardigrades don't eat socks because socks are weak and unworthy of tardigrades. Socks cannot survive being lit on fire, boiled, frozen, shot into space, and crushed under tonnes of pressure. 

• Like 7

Fitbit  |  Current Challenge  |  Old Challenges:  1 ~ 2 ~ 3 ~ 4 ~ 5 ~ 6 ~ 7 ~ 8 ~ 9 ~ 10 ~ 11 ~ 12 ~ 13 ~ 14 ~ 15 ~ 16 ~ 17 ~ 18 ~ 19 ~ 20 ~ 21 ~ 22

15 minutes ago, Severine said:

You are seriously cracking me up here. I don't know why but this sock eating thing is killing me.

That's how we do it: one tardigrade at a time and one day... BOOM! We rule! Heh-heh.

15 minutes ago, Severine said:

Tardigrades don't eat socks because socks are weak and unworthy of tardigrades. Socks cannot survive being lit on fire, boiled, frozen, shot into space, and crushed under tonnes of pressure. 

Come on... you know you want to try it. Give in to the dark side. The cake may be a lie...

50e0fc187ad026e94e6e36f2ba6f52e8.jpg&sp=

... but we have all kinds of tasty underwears. ;)

• Like 4

Legally bound to hug people in need.

Living life as a Druid is about walking with the beasts. It's about being scared, looking your fears in the eyes and going on anyway. Dread doesn't go away, you just learn to know it. It's still a beast, it still has fangs, but you walk among it.

Help it’s nearly 8pm and I haven’t cooked my pasta yet but I’m not sure if I’m hungry yet either. T_T

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

33 minutes ago, fleaball said:

Help it’s nearly 8pm and I haven’t cooked my pasta yet but I’m not sure if I’m hungry yet either. T_T

That was 30 minutes ago, what's the situation now?? Hungry yet?

• Like 3

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

27 minutes ago, NeverThatBored said:

That was 30 minutes ago, what's the situation now?? Hungry yet?

I decided to start cooking anyway since my usual MO is "I'm not hungry... I'm not hungry... I'm not- HOLY SHIT I'M SO HUNGRY!!" And now I'm merrily enjoying my foods. It's not pretty, but it's mine! Plus a bonus fat cat who is disappointed because he scarfed his tuna, but boobcat takes his time and is still munching.

VpC0r7T.jpg

Bonus bonus: Boobcat singing for his supper.

• Like 8

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

noooooo why is there no sound on the videos?? i h8 imgur

• Like 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Boobcat, take 2. I am the most incompetent millennial. 

• Like 6

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Boobcat <3

The pasta looks good!! Nice work!

• Like 2

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

OKay since I am playing catch up.

I so want to see the sock eating thing.

I love the idea of "3 options for food and all are valid and good for Flea" . I would totally say anything made at home is a step above anything not made at home. Even the microwave stuff is better than the take out in this dynamic.

Flea, the pasta looks great and I don't generally even like cream sauces.  I think it was the veggies that made me go "that looks so good"

• Like 3

You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

8 minutes ago, Bean Sidhe said:

OKay since I am playing catch up.

I so want to see the sock eating thing.

I love the idea of "3 options for food and all are valid and good for Flea" . I would totally say anything made at home is a step above anything not made at home. Even the microwave stuff is better than the take out in this dynamic.

Flea, the pasta looks great and I don't generally even like cream sauces.  I think it was the veggies that made me go "that looks so good"

<3 

It's literally a package of ground turkey (not sure if they're 12 or 16 ounces?), a box of spaghetti, a jar of alfredo Ragu, and a bag of microwavable veggie medley (iirc it's corn, peas, green beans, and lima beans?). I've done it before with the traditional flavor Ragu or store brand tomato sauce, and also swapped out the turkey for a can of tuna. Hella easy. And I'm laughing because pretty much everyone I've ever mentioned this concoction to has freaked out over the veggies, so you're my new favorite person.

edit: also carrots because duh theyre in the photo.

• Like 7

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

27 minutes ago, fleaball said:

Boobcat, take 2. I am the most incompetent millennial. 

I HAVE HEARD THE VOICE OF THE FLEA!

Seriously, it's cool to finally hear your voice. Good job cooking.

• Like 5

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

5 hours ago, Severine said:

@Tanktimus the Encourager is spot on about the chickens. "Sometimes you've got to lose money to make money" is how this article puts it.

https://www.thedailymeal.com/cook/reason-costco-rotisserie-chicken-price-never-change

Those chickens are great when we're having a super busy week and L isn't doing a tonne of cooking. Such an easy protein. Fun fact, flea: D doesn't like picking chicken off bones either, so when he brings a chicken back from the store, L strips all the meat off the bones and puts it in a nice big tupperware container and it goes in the fridge so there's easy ready-to-grab chicken ready to eat.

I guess the next time you fill out a dating profile, mention that you want someone who's willing to de-bone chicken for you?  :D

#relationshipgoals lol that's awesome. I love your family. I mean hopefully I'll have gone at least vegetarian if not fully vegan by the time I attempt dating so it won't be an issue, but if not then someone here needs to remind me to throw this in and see what happens. 

4 hours ago, Jean said:

Yay! :D Huzzah for therapists, chicken nuggets, mashed potatoes, hyperboles and awesome honest fleas!

No!!! :blue: You do you, keep understanding your life and having fun. I've dodged this bullet, I'm not eager to take another one... (joking, I love bullets, actually, and not joking: you're doing great!)

I promise you that sock eaters are going to rule the world one day. Them or Tiax. Or breeches. They're riding up awfully wedge-liky today.

But since I know you're all disappointed, here's a cat going after some socks (mmmh, socks!):

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095bb526c13030676a2e

And now to my cunning exit and to find something to do with the seasoning I had prepared... mmmh... cajun seasoned socks...

There is so much going on in this post I don't know what to do with it. But I like you.

• Like 4

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

1 minute ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Seriously, it's cool to finally hear your voice. Good job cooking.

lmao as I was taking that video I was like "fuck... now I'm in this..." but I didn't want to torture the poor bastard any longer by taking another one. I think he assumes that any time I cook there will be tuna, since I usually add it to pasta and that's all I've been cooking. He was underfoot while I was making my lunch before he walked away dejectedly, and then he came out when I was starting dinner too.

• Like 6

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

4 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Seriously, it's cool to finally hear your voice

I'VE MET THE FLEA!

She's crazy. And coming from me, that's saying something.

Also, Sylvaa was cool with the pasta until the cream sauce. *shudders* but I <3 veggies with marinara. 

• Like 6
1 minute ago, Sylvaa said:

I'VE MET THE FLEA!

She's crazy. And coming from me, that's saying something.

Also, Sylvaa was cool with the pasta until the cream sauce. *shudders* but I <3 veggies with marinara. 

How bad is it that I thought "NO YOU HA- oh wait."

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Just now, Sylvaa said:

I am just sad I am so forgettable. 

It was less that and more brain fart because you live so far away. I swear.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Just now, fleaball said:

It was less that and more brain fart because you live so far away. I swear.

Or you blocked out the memory of that OCR  :D 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

36 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

I feel like I need to step up my game for next time.

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095bb57b91524f656345

Ain't nobody gonna forget that guy.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, fleaball said:

<3 

It's literally a package of ground turkey (not sure if they're 12 or 16 ounces?), a box of spaghetti, a jar of alfredo Ragu, and a bag of microwavable veggie medley (iirc it's corn, peas, green beans, and lima beans?). I've done it before with the traditional flavor Ragu or store brand tomato sauce, and also swapped out the turkey for a can of tuna. Hella easy. And I'm laughing because pretty much everyone I've ever mentioned this concoction to has freaked out over the veggies, so you're my new favorite person.

edit: also carrots because duh theyre in the photo.

So this may sound silly, but I am fully of the belief that almost everything is better with veggies. However, my problem can be I will eat too many of the darn things. I have noticed I am eating more veggies and less meat, and I am okay with that. Hardest part of that is eating protein when nuts are a no-no. But I am not making a plan one way or another. Its kinda a "see where this goes" .

Either way, I think it looks good. and I do something similar when I make pasta sauce. I kinda call it the "clean out the fridge sauce" since its whatever veggies I have laying around and some ground turkey.

Don't let the haters get to you, add those veggies.

• Like 4

You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

This song is frustrating because I can get a little bit of the Spanish and German (significantly more of the former than the latter, but still) and it just reminds me I need to pick a language and do something with it. D: Like at one point I had I think 7 active languages on Duolingo, which really isn't helpful. Someone get me a job at a university so I can take classes for free. 

(also the Arabic at the very end is written wrong and it bugs the hell out of me for the brief time it's on screen. halp.)

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi