Forums are back in action! ×

Battle Kitten: Ascension

We're about to walk (maybe run, probably not in my case) 3.1 miles just for some apple cider. #priorities

• Like 5

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

3 hours ago, fleaball said:

We're about to walk (maybe run, probably not in my case) 3.1 miles just for some apple cider. #priorities

False. We did not get apple cider. The line was massive and also people were dumping it out on the ground saying it was gross. :/ so we walked 3.1 miles for a cookie and an apple and because we are crazy. But I didn't die. Success. 

• Like 7

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Bleh. Walked an extra mile and a half home from the 5k yesterday because apparently I hate myself. As the day went on I just couldn't keep my eyes open. Took an hour long nap and woke up slightly less dead but my brain was still not functioning, so I spent my day watching tv. Which means I only have today to read about 100 pages of a really dense textbook and come up with an hours worth of material for a presentation tomorrow night. Whee. 

As far as the race, it was good. We walked the whole thing, I got a cramp like two yards in because of course I did, and 3.1 miles feels really long when you're basically just walking through parking lots and everything looks the same. There may have also been plans made to run the Disney Princess half in 2018 and/or the glass slipper challenge. I've only been saying I want to do it for 3 years now, so maybe it will happen. Who's in? 

• Like 6

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

On 11/5/2016 at 11:15 AM, fleaball said:

False. We did not get apple cider. The line was massive and also people were dumping it out on the ground saying it was gross. :/ so we walked 3.1 miles for a cookie and an apple and because we are crazy. But I didn't die. Success. 

Any race/workout story that ends with, "but I didn't die" is automatically a success ;)

• Like 4

the year of living trippily

Final Boss, Part 2    Boss, Part 1  Previous:    Adult Content

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Even More Current: 52 Days

Currently Current: 100 Days

Current: Queen 2: Electric Boogaloo

Queen of the Jungle

THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE CHALLENGE

Apart six: Amazon  (part 5)

(part 3: The Wickening)

(part 2) (part 1)

32 minutes ago, Owlet said:

Yay! You survived! And already making plans for the next one haha! Parking lots though, that does sound dull. Although maybe I'm spoilt, NZ is kind of outrageous with its scenery. Good luck with the reading 

Yeah you don't get to talk. =P I mean, for a bit of it we ran parallel to a nature trail thing. 

So far I've read 5 pages of homework and 80k words of fanfic. I am quite possibly Doing It Wrong. 

• Like 4

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

My 5k time was 58:30. Not bad for being obscenely out of shape. 

• Like 5

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

I'm on the last chapter but I'm basically going to have to pray that I have nothing to do at work if I want to get this presentation done. It's 9:10pm and I was ready to go to bed an hour ago. It's gonna be interesting. (And also I don't really know wtf I'm supposed to be doing bc of course for this week we didn't all read the same thing. She told us all to pick several chapters that were most relevant to our interests from a list of ten, so idk how I'm supposed to make a coherent lesson out of that? Ugh this class.)

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Apparently I really am all about spamming my thread lately. But I needed to point out how weird it is that I just thought, "I can't wait until Thanksgiving break so I can focus on my final papers." I'm not going home so I'll have time for it, but that's such a weird thought to have. It's only two extra days and honestly it's not like I'm going to be hyperproductive, but lol wut. 

(Although given that they're both only 12-15 pages it's not unreasonable to assume I could get one done in that time. Oh. Wait. One is single-spaced. Fuck. Eh but still. If I managed 20 double-spaced in about 48 hours it still won't be that bad.)

What sucks is that they're due 12/5 and 12/8, and my internship ends 12/9.  :/ But the office holiday party is 12/9 so at least I get to enjoy it?

• Like 5

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Dull pain in my lower back is probably a result of sleeping or sitting wrong, but I've somehow managed to convince myself it's my kidney. Even though according to the Mayo Clinic kidney pain is in your upper back. Le sigh. 

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

15 minutes ago, Neeko said:

Your kidney's aren't in your upper back. o.o But cranberry juice fixes everything if it were to be your kidneys. :D

I'll hunt some juice down at lunch then. The website (I know, don't diagnose myself via the interwebs) said the pain can be in your upper back and your kidneys are under your lower ribs? Both of which are still higher than the pain I'm having right now. But I'm working myself into a panic over it. :rolleyes: 

• Like 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

1 hour ago, fleaball said:

Dull pain in my lower back is probably a result of sleeping or sitting wrong, but I've somehow managed to convince myself it's my kidney. Even though according to the Mayo Clinic kidney pain is in your upper back. Le sigh. 

You did also walk more than you're used to this weekend. 

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

6 minutes ago, NeverThatBored said:

You did also walk more than you're used to this weekend. 

Yeah I was thinking of that too. I'm like 99% sure it's just my back but my brain won't let the kidney thing go. u.u

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Okay. It must be the walking thing. I just got up and went to interrogate my roommate since she has occasional kidney issues and it definitely felt like something in that exact spot was pulling when I was walking. I'm going to take some ibuprofen and try to focus this nervous energy on my stupid presentation instead. While still refreshing the student health website every 30 seconds hoping an appointment opens up tonight because the anxiety beast will not be tamed. 

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

8 minutes ago, Countess D'If said:

Kidney pain presents in what the ER calls your flank. If you have kidney pain, you will know because you will also be dead

I missed this when I posted before. But yeah my roommate said the same thing, that I would 100% know if it were my kidney. If only logic were a thing my brain understood. 

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Random thoughts as I ignore this presentation:

A.) thanks everyone for putting up with my crazy 

B.) I realized recently that as much as I would rather be vegan and like vegan food, I hate vegan restaurants. I got food the other night that sounded really good but they use so many weird ass ingredients and sauces and make it all so pretentious that it just winds up being gross. (Unrelated, I bought another vegan cookbook last night. I may have a problem.)

C.) I'm really glad I wound up not signing up for the Fenway Spartan because I would be fucked. Even if I'd been training this cough/plague would destroy me. 

D.) I'm so mad I didn't vote early. I won't get home til at least 11:30 tonight and voting opens at 7am. Which means I need to get up and be ready for work way too early ugh. I could go after work but my roommate sent out an invite for people to hang out at a bar and I may go for the hell of it. Sleep is for the weak right? 

ETA: fuck, I finally bought cough drops and left them at home. Ugh. 

• Like 4

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Just now, Sylvaa said:

Yay for not dead Flea!

Also #we'regonnabeprincessesin2018

I just realized I've missed several opportunities to stick a Monty Python gif here. Epic fail. 

• Like 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

1 hour ago, fleaball said:

B.) I realized recently that as much as I would rather be vegan and like vegan food, I hate vegan restaurants. I got food the other night that sounded really good but they use so many weird ass ingredients and sauces and make it all so pretentious that it just winds up being gross. (Unrelated, I bought another vegan cookbook last night. I may have a problem.)

Oooh, what kind of yummy things will you make?

• Like 1

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

10 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

You've also missed this:

9pye7.jpg

Fml. 

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Just now, NeverThatBored said:

Oooh, what kind of yummy things will you make?

Well going on past experience, nothing lol. I already have 3 cookbooks that I never use. But I promise to keep you updated if I make anything! 

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Just now, fleaball said:

Well going on past experience, nothing lol. I already have 3 cookbooks that I never use. But I promise to keep you updated if I make anything! 

Plz provide food pr0ns kthnx

• Like 2