Forums are back in action! ×

And so the Legend begins...

Back in February, Hellda's infinitely less cool alter ego, Nikki, joined her local roller derby team. Nikki was slow, overweight and unfit and sick of being so. And so the Legend of Hellda began...(geddit?)

In a nutshell, that's why I'm here. I'm Nikki, aka Hellda and I don't always talk in the third person. I'm an incredibly busy mum of 3 young children - E is 4 and A and C are 2 - they're identical twins, although A had a stroke in utero and has hemiplegic cerebral palsy, married to D and have a massive black labrador called Oscar. I'm a student midwife and I LOVE my job. I play roller derby, and D owns a wrestling promotion so I help out with that. I'm also involved with the local American Flag Football team. I took my first tentative steps into powerlifting on Saturday and I'm hooked. Ultimately I want to be fitter, faster and stronger for derby. I want a leaner body and being unashamedly shallow, I want to be able to buy smaller sized clothes. Currently I'm 160cm, about 67kg and wear a UK size 12 clothing, I'm not sure I have a goal weight, but I'd like to be able to fit comfortably into a UK 10 with no muffin top! Maybe an 8, we'll see how it goes!

Anyways, that's enough from me just now. I'm off to have a look around!

• Like 5

Also found on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/whatnikkidoes/

Welcome to the Rebellion!!!

The Warriors would gladly welcome you :)

• Like 1

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

Just now, Hellda said:

I don't know what any of that means!!

Warriors lift all the things.

Rangers lift some things and do some cardio. 

Assassins lift themselves.

Monks fight.

Scouts do cardio.

Druids meditate and do yoga.

Adventurers explore.

Rebels are new and still figuring things out.

I'm now going to be shot for those descriptions.

• Like 5

uhhhhhh HAIIIIIII warriors. What on earth is going on in here?

I'll uh... just come in here and stake my Ranger claim to awesome derby women ;)

Rangers lift a lot too! Many of us just as much as the warriors. We just can't choose a single thing we want to do, and therefore try to DO IT ALL. 

• Like 3

Level 2 Drow Ranger

I walk alone, but the shadows are company enough.

2 hours ago, Traxex said:

I'll uh... just come in here and stake my Ranger claim to awesome derby women ;)

Rangers lift a lot too! Many of us just as much as the warriors. We just can't choose a single thing we want to do, and therefore try to DO IT ALL. 

That's the thing about NF - ALL the guilds are awesome!

So.  Much.  Love! 

:applause:

• Like 1

~Emerald_Dragonfly

Level 13 Warrior

5 hours ago, Traxex said:

I'll second that

B'ker Level 1 Half-elf Ranger  STR: 3  DEX: 3  CON: 3  INT: 3  WIS: 2  CHA: 2

Bker Survives December Challenge Tracking Spreadsheet

Walking to Mordor (2019) Spreadsheet

MyFitnessPal | FitBit | Instagram

Walking to Mordor 1879.44 miles/1779 miles

Mini Challenge:  Week 1:  | Week 2:  | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5 |

7 hours ago, Traxex said:

4 hours ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

That's the thing about NF - ALL the guilds are awesome!

So.  Much.  Love! 

:applause:

1 hour ago, bker1370 said:

I'll second that

I'm just stealing her because she's my friend IRL. ;) Nothing against Rangers.

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, evabo said:

Another warrior here to say "Hay!", welcome to the dark side!!! Oh, sorry, dark side is sumo!

56 minutes ago, SpecialSundae said:

Don't mention the sumo!

Lift Sumo. EAT BUTT!!!

• Like 3

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

Just now, Grymm said:

I think SS has already informed you that you will be a warrior.  She's very strong.  I would listen to her.  Let her know if you need "convincing" Friday.

I'll just feed her tasty protein goodies until she agrees. :D

Hellda and I are friends from back in the days when I spent more time twirling tassels than lifting barbells. Kinda curious to see if I can still do the standing single tassel spin. ;) 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, SpecialSundae said:

I'll just feed her tasty protein goodies until she agrees. :D

Hellda and I are friends from back in the days when I spent more time twirling tassels than lifting barbells. Kinda curious to see if I can still do the standing single tassel spin. ;) 

9 years and counting! 

I got a scary looking protein bar in my survival kit from WTF today. It's HUGE. 

• Like 1

Also found on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/whatnikkidoes/