Forums are back in action! ×

Rebel Running Festival (April 1 - April 7)

5k in 40:31 tonight. Whoo hoo am I last again? So important to me that I did this as thurs is my one year date from surgery and was told I could never again work out at a moderate level (running is supposedly off limits) and now I'm stronger than ever.

And I improved my time and ran 1.5 solid before having to walk at all. Yea me.

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

5k in 40:31 tonight. Whoo hoo am I last again? So important to me that I did this as thurs is my one year date from surgery and was told I could never again work out at a moderate level (running is supposedly off limits) and now I'm stronger than ever.

And I improved my time and ran 1.5 solid before having to walk at all. Yea me.

Being last isn't bad, just think of all the people you beat since they didn't even try. And it always fun to prove doctors wrong! Good job.

Level 26, Primal Ultra Trail Scout, Non-Binary Robot

Thanks, guys! I really do this with that mindset and to prove that surgeon wrong.

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

Hoping to knock out one of the two distances this weekend myself - between being sick last week and adding in the NF Strength Training Basic Training I'm pretty beat up...

Half-Ork Scout Leader
Running PRs : 5K 24m16s | 10K 53m32s | 15K 1h18m09s | Half Marathon 2h1m44s | Marathon 4h42m2s 
Past Challenges #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13  #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22
                               #23 #24 #25 #26 #27 #28 #29 #30 #31 #32 #33 #34 #35 #36 #37 #38 #39 #40
Current Challenge Don't Call It A Comeback

Everyone looks like they're doing great! PRs all around!

I was planning to run, but I'm exactly as tired as I predicted from my regular practice schedule, so I'm just going to use the weekend to recover.

Never think of pain or danger or enemies a moment longer than is necessary to fight them. -Ayn Rand

Amongst those less skilled you can see all this energy escaping through contorted faces, gritted teeth and tight shoulders that consume huge

amounts of effort but contribute nothing to achieving the task.

Did the 5K today in 28:49. Not my best time but it was a new outdoor course with some hills, I was sore and didn't push too hard. Would have done much better on the 'mill, but I wanted to run outside tonight.

Saturday though the 10K will be conquered.

Good luck on the 10K!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Human-Dryad Ranger

Fitocracy

Shelter Sketches

If you want to live an interesting life, you're going to spend half of it being terrified.

-Mary Hollinshead

I ran 5.17 km today at 28:23 minutes. (5:29 min/km) So 5k at 27:25. Not my best time but the feeling was awesome, I was not tired at the slightest when I was done. I felt I could have run a 10k instead. According to Endomondo I started at 5:35 min/km and at the end I was at 5:19 min/km. I know for sure what tactic I should use for longer distances now. :D

I ran 5.17 km today at 28:23 minutes. (5:29 min/km) So 5k at 27:25. Not my best time but the feeling was awesome, I was not tired at the slightest when I was done. I felt I could have run a 10k instead. According to Endomondo I started at 5:35 min/km and at the end I was at 5:19 min/km. I know for sure what tactic I should use for longer distances now. :D

Nice job! What tactic is that? :)

I did the 10K this afternoon! I've never run more than about 5K straight before, and I didn't stop at all. YAY! I didn't think I could do it. I did it in 1:08:43, which is pretty respectable considering my best 5K time is just under 32min, but I'm really just proud I was able to finish. :)

Congratulations!! I wasn't sure if I'd be able to manage a 10K either - pretty cool feeling, isn't it? :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Human-Dryad Ranger

Fitocracy

Shelter Sketches

If you want to live an interesting life, you're going to spend half of it being terrified.

-Mary Hollinshead

Nice job! What tactic is that?
Start jogging/running at a pace where you can breath normally, like you're out walking at a fast pace at most, then increase the pace as much as you can without feeling the need to breath heavily. If you go too fast, even at the slightest hint of effort (strain), you slow down. I know the time is not my best but I enjoyed the run a lot more than I usually do, it's not uncommon for me to get neck pain or shin splints because I push myself too hard. I feel nothing but joy with this tactic, it's almost like a "sunday stroll". ;)
Whew, finished, that was a tough one. Running 10K when sore is a real challenge for me. 1:02:48.
Yet you pushed through, great work man! :D