Forums are back in action! ×

Rebel Running Festival (April 1 - April 7)

Well done everybody who participated! We had some great PRs this time around, and a lot of enthusiasm, which is excellent :)

I'm taking suggestions foe next month's run, but at the moment, I'm thinking it would be good to do something for those short-distance runners out there...what do you all think of a "Fastest Mile" compeition?

Oh, and BTW, I lied and went for a 10k :) 57:48. I'll wait until tomorrow before compiling the results, just in case there's anyone left to record their runs.

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander (ret.)

Whew, finished, that was a tough one. Running 10K when sore is a real challenge for me. 1:02:48.

Hey, nice job getting it done despite the soreness! You BAMF you. :)

Start jogging/running at a pace where you can breath normally, like you're out walking at a fast pace at most, then increase the pace as much as you can without feeling the need to breath heavily. If you go too fast, even at the slightest hint of effort (strain), you slow down. I know the time is not my best but I enjoyed the run a lot more than I usually do, it's not uncommon for me to get neck pain or shin splints because I push myself too hard. I feel nothing but joy with this tactic, it's almost like a "sunday stroll". ;)

I've been working on slowing down and enjoying running more as well, and have still been improving. :) Good job!

Well done everybody who participated! We had some great PRs this time around, and a lot of enthusiasm, which is excellent :)

I'm taking suggestions foe next month's run, but at the moment, I'm thinking it would be good to do something for those short-distance runners out there...what do you all think of a "Fastest Mile" compeition?

Oh, and BTW, I lied and went for a 10k :) 57:48. I'll wait until tomorrow before compiling the results, just in case there's anyone left to record their runs.

Haha, liar! Nice run. :) And yeah, a mile competition sounds good.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Human-Dryad Ranger

Fitocracy

Shelter Sketches

If you want to live an interesting life, you're going to spend half of it being terrified.

-Mary Hollinshead

Fastest Mile sounds like a blast. I'd definitely be in on that one.

Never think of pain or danger or enemies a moment longer than is necessary to fight them. -Ayn Rand

Amongst those less skilled you can see all this energy escaping through contorted faces, gritted teeth and tight shoulders that consume huge

amounts of effort but contribute nothing to achieving the task.

Well, that's it! All done, all submitted. I've compiled the results and we've got a clear winner for both the 5k and 10k - GreenMatt!

GreenMatt dominated the field with a 5k time of 21:36 and a 10k time of 45:24 and has won a well-deserved Nerd Fitness T-Shirt :)

The results are posted here for anyone who's interested. Some people's results may not have been included if they didn't fill in the results form. I've tried to add in details where and if I could find them (*cough* cacodaemonia *cough*), but if your time has been omitted, then please let me know your name, sex, age, location and times and I'll update the sheet accordingly.

Altogether, it looks like everyone had a good time, and we saw a bunch of great times out there. Well done to you all, and I look forward to seeing you out there for the next race!

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander (ret.)

Well dang, ran my 5K (27m30s) and 10K (58m) yesterday as part of my wife's 10mile run - she's got half-marathon #4 coming up

Half-Ork Scout Leader
Running PRs : 5K 24m16s | 10K 53m32s | 15K 1h18m09s | Half Marathon 2h1m44s | Marathon 4h42m2s 
Past Challenges #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13  #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22
                               #23 #24 #25 #26 #27 #28 #29 #30 #31 #32 #33 #34 #35 #36 #37 #38 #39 #40
Current Challenge Don't Call It A Comeback

Well, that's it! All done, all submitted. I've compiled the results and we've got a clear winner for both the 5k and 10k - GreenMatt!

GreenMatt dominated the field with a 5k time of 21:36 and a 10k time of 45:24 and has won a well-deserved Nerd Fitness T-Shirt :)

The results are posted here for anyone who's interested. Some people's results may not have been included if they didn't fill in the results form. I've tried to add in details where and if I could find them (*cough* cacodaemonia *cough*), but if your time has been omitted, then please let me know your name, sex, age, location and times and I'll update the sheet accordingly.

Altogether, it looks like everyone had a good time, and we saw a bunch of great times out there. Well done to you all, and I look forward to seeing you out there for the next race!

Wait, what results form?? I didn't know I was being a bad kid! D: Oh, and my age group is 30-39.

Congrats GreenMatt!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Human-Dryad Ranger

Fitocracy

Shelter Sketches

If you want to live an interesting life, you're going to spend half of it being terrified.

-Mary Hollinshead

Oops! I didn't know to post. I was the only woman in my age group so I WIN!!!!!!! 40:31 for 5K

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.