Forums are back in action! ×

NerdHammer - Age of Darkness

12 minutes ago, Myrik said:

Yes this is a rule but if you look at the map right now the below hasn't been done.  

Ah, I get you. I did mine but haven't looked at the map since to see if everyone else had lol

EDIT: We deploy week 3 troops on Friday, right? The same day we send our movement plans in? 

• Like 1

“All You Have To Decide Is What To Do With The Time That Is Given To You.” - Gandalf

Journey to the Mountain of Knowledge - Chapter One: A Pocketful of hope (current challenge)

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|2728 29|30 A Bold New Year   Rhovaniel forges herself anew 

The Chronicles of Rhovaniel, Dúnedain Ranger: Vol I, Vol IIVol III, Interim| Vol IV|Vol V 

Yes newly recruited units are deployed friday night.

Troops that have not been redeployed end up being up to me to deploy. Thats why I have it set on wednesday, so if someone can't I can do it thursday and give everyone else time to review it. I will be doing this over the course of the day when I have time.

@Asa Pond I noticed you posted here so want to give you the option to deploy the troops that are left over from last weekends battles before I have to do it myself. So on your tracking sheet the current army. Please let me know if you have any questions.

I believe for this next round I may try removing the re-deploy phase. Making it simpler for you guys. But what this would mean is that you need to be very careful with how you deploy recruited troops. Appreciate everyones thoughts on this.

• Like 2

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

38 minutes ago, cn3wton said:

I believe for this next round I may try removing the re-deploy phase. Making it simpler for you guys. But what this would mean is that you need to be very careful with how you deploy recruited troops. Appreciate everyones thoughts on this.

I like the redeploy phase as long as everyone does it. Right now it's not quite fair to those who are upfront with their distributions going against those who aren't. It makes it difficult to plan attacks when you don't exactly know what you are going up against. 

Not trying to call anyone out - and maybe I'm just super confused (I was late on the redeploy! Whoops!). 

Thanks for being so thorough on answering questions and staying on top of stuff @cn3wton!

• Like 1

Fallaces sunt rerum species et hominum spes fallunt.

52 minutes ago, cn3wton said:

I also like the redeploy stage. I like having the split between the older troops and then having the newer ones to deploy at the end of the week (kind of like Risk, I guess?). Makes it simpler for me to get my head around... :) 

• Like 2

“All You Have To Decide Is What To Do With The Time That Is Given To You.” - Gandalf

Journey to the Mountain of Knowledge - Chapter One: A Pocketful of hope (current challenge)

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|2728 29|30 A Bold New Year   Rhovaniel forges herself anew 

The Chronicles of Rhovaniel, Dúnedain Ranger: Vol I, Vol IIVol III, Interim| Vol IV|Vol V 

I think the biggest issues we have run into is that everything is kind of in flux right now. I will work on having some more detailed info out as far as the phases ASAP. I have recieved a few messages about confusion and I think the best way to clear it up is for me to make sure the map is entirely in order before you guys do the recruitment phase tomorrow. I will detail how this is done in a tab on the spreadsheet.

Do you guys prefer having the rules and info like that on the spreadsheet or in the first post here? Or both?

• Like 2

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

1 hour ago, cn3wton said:

Do you guys prefer having the rules and info like that on the spreadsheet or in the first post here? Or both?

Either is good for me :) 

• Like 1

Spoiler

I have added to rules sheet to the spreadsheet for the recruitment phase. I will begin placing the rules in a spoiler tag in the first post as well for you guys. Please let me know if the rules and guides make sense!

Today is that last day for you guys to build up resources to recruit new troops. Tomorrow morning I will locking the world map and any unspent resources or un-deployed troops will be placed on your home base.

I have already recruited and placed my troops to give you guys an idea how things should look. As you can see I have sent reinforcements to aid sloth in his territories, so I have placed my units under the note under my own name, and updated the power levels. 

Please let me know if you have any questions.

The plan is after everyone has time to review the map tomorrow, you will send me your movement plans saturday. I will post a guide/rules for that soon.

• Like 1

Image result for robotech vf25s

Major Yaroka had just finished getting his Messiah back in working order and set out on a reconnaissance patrol of the perimeter with his three other remaining fighters.  The battle against the space marines had been much much worse than expected and Lieutenant Menchi Kiru went down early in the battle.  Without his leadership, his flight wing were scattered and wiped out by by the space marine onslaught.  

"I have already used up more than a third of my rockets" Major Yaroka muttered under his breath "Our next encounter may be our last"

Out of the corner of his eye, the Major saw Haru Pechanko pull up to his starboard.  "Major" her voice crackled over the coms "we have incoming. Friendlies!"

Looking over toward the cursed portal that had brought them to this forsaken world, Major Yaroka felt a burst of excitement as he saw Ahon Dara racing towards him in his unmistakable mint green RVF-25 

Image result for robotech rvf25

Better yet, he had with him a fresh squadron of VF fighters in tow, along with some mechas and other forces which gradually filled the sky as they approached.

"Your timing is exquisite, Ahon.  If you came only a few days later, you would have found nothing but scrap metal" Iwashite greeted the incoming fighter enthusiastically. "but how did you find us?"

Ahon Dara laughed amiably over the coms.  "General Bakkyaro over at UN Spacy Command knew you were likely to get into trouble and was tracking your expedition.  When your signal disappeared he dispatched us to check things out and it didn't take long to figure out where you went."  After a short pause, Ahon continued, now much more subdued. "Where exactly are we?"

"Not sure, exactly" the major replied "but we seem to be caught up in some kind of inter-dimensional war.  Don't their appearances fool you, they may look relatively weak, but they wield unusually great power.  We have aligned ourselves with King Zackson and hist hosts. Follow me, I'll introduce you..."

• Like 3
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

Moved my tracking sheet into Week 4 so I could start tracking workouts, etc. Has all the battle stuff happened yet?

• Like 1

Spoiler

“Are the last of the reinforcements through the portal?”

“They are, my Lady.”

“Send half to aid the contingent on the north-east border, the others are to go the defences against that infernal tower.”

“As you wish, my Lady,” Elladan said with a bow

“And stop bowing and calling me Lady, will you?” she said, but the irritation in her voice was unusual and Elladan held back the quip he would have said. He frowned.

“Avorniel, does something trouble you? Beyond the movement of our troops?”

Avorniel didn’t answer, but the fingers wrapped around each elbow tightened a little, her shoulders shrugging just that little bit higher. But there was no hiding from Elladan’s probing, not when he’d known her from infancy, helped her grow into the leader she was now.

“Avorniel, please, do not shut me out. Will you not accept counsel when it is offered?”

“I do not need – I am not trying to make up my mind what to do next, Elladan. I know what we must do. As I’m sure you do, too.”

“We may take many roads to reach the same destination,” he said lightly. “And I offer counsel to you not just as your lieutenant, but as a friend.”

Avorniel sighed, releasing her hands from where they had hugged her elbows and paced the length of her tent instead, looking out from the open entrance to the deep night beyond.

“Do you think the stars up there are the same ones we can see from home?”

Elladan came up beside her, gazing up. “I do not know. It is hard to be sure of anything when you don’t know what you stand upon.”

“I don’t know whether I wish most that they are, or they’re not.”

“Avorniel?”

“There will be battle soon. Very soon.” She said softly, almost to her self.

“I know you too well to ask if you are afraid, Avorniel. So, what is it? What about this battle troubles you so?”

“But I am afraid.” She told him, and Elladan looked at her, questions in his calm grey eyes.

“Not for my life,” she explained, “and I know each and every Ranger here would gladly lay down theirs to protect Middle-Earth. It is for our hearts I fear.”

“Our hearts?”

“I fear what this war will do to us. We fight to protect our home, but so do all the others here. I fear the effect it will have on us, and if we will ever be the people we were back in Middle-Earth.”

For a long while, Elladan didn’t answer, but continued looking up at the stars.

“War changes us all, in some way.” He said eventually. “But perhaps that is not such an evil.”

“What do you mean?”

“Look at you. You gain in confidence and strength every day. You take care of your army, and you keep the morale high. We may not have asked for this war, but if you have any doubts about fighting, look to the East. And remember, if the news from Grill Guard is accurate, the orcs have allied themselves with the evil that brought us here.”

“That is true,” Avorniel conceded. “If nothing else, we can have no qualms about battle with them.”

Eventually, someone deeper inside the camp rang a bell, just once, and Avorniel stirred.

“It is the midnight bell. I must go and take my watch.” She reached inside her tent for her cloak, wrapping the deep green material close about her as she headed towards the edge of the camp. Elladan watched her leave, pondering her words.  

• Like 2

Spoiler

Everyone did a great job getting everything to me saturday! I was unexpectedly busy yesterday and was unable to run the battles. I will be posting the results today as I work through them!

3 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

I think someone asked about Farmer Carries a while back, but I'll ask again: my last workout involved kettlebells, actually lunges with the damn things then farmer carrying them around. Curious as to where those two should be logged in the spreadsheet.

Do each lunge as a weighted exercise. I do farmers carries as distance, but its hard to get an accurate reading for it. I worked up to 150lbs per hand,so I just estimate how many trips I took and the distance. So do whatever you think fits what you did best!

Battle Reports, Week 3

Battle #1 Tanktimus(1860) vs cn3wton (1480)

Even when striking from 2 sides I was unable to stop Tanktimus. Crushing all of my units he has opened up a path directly to my home base! His side did suffer some hefty losses however. 

Battle #2 Tanktimus (2210) vs Sloth (3080) vs Asa_Pond (3410)

Things where looking good for the forces of evil, until they ended up being attacked from both sides resulting in a 3 way battle! In the end Asa_Pond's siege engines won the day. Heavy losses where sufferred on all sides, with Sloth being taken out of this round despite cn3wton's reinforcements. 

Just a note to everybody if you are eliminated any week the game is not over for you! While your faction might not be able to win, you are more than welcome to work as a mercenary for any of the other forces on the board! The biggest part of this PVP is to motivate people to work out and to exercise more!

Battle #3 Tourennatrix (1550) vs cn3wton (830)

A crushing defeat. The forces of evil stood no chance, inflicting minimal casualties to the other side. Once again losing my entire army.

Battles of minimum consequence.

Less exciting but more tactical moves have allowed certain factions to sieze ground with minimal effort. Grumble and Dark_Raiders factions are on the verge of a giant battle!

State of the board.

Looks like I am going to have quite a bit of work to do to avoid getting kicked out next round! Grumble and Raider are sure to have an epic battle next round. Dark_Raider needs to move quick before Grumble can re connect with his allies!

With sloth being defeated two areas of the board are now uncontested. It seems the two big remaining alliances will have to fight it out over these!

I will be releasing more game rules and notes in the coming days. I will also be resetting everyones trackers that hasnt already. You have until wednesday to redeploy, I already have... whats left of them.

Technical Notes

I am noticing how strong the siege engines are in mass (thanks Asa_pond!) so after this week I will be adjusting their range. Siege engines can now attack the entire board and will, like all other troops, focus like troops first. Currently its nearly impossible to take out siege engines. Their power is where it should be based on its cost, however it doesn't have a hard counter quite yet.

• Like 4

First post has been updated with the rules for the reinforcement phase.

Just a reminder you can put your troops in an allies territory and move out from there, using this to get to areas you would be unable to reach from your own lands.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cn3wton said:

Grumble and Dark_Raiders factions are on the verge of a giant battle!

Grumble and Raider are sure to have an epic battle next round. Dark_Raider needs to move quick before Grumble can re connect with his allies!

Its on like Donkey Kong, yo!

• Like 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

Just now, Myrik said:

Quick Question @cn3wton without a connecting path to Grumble can I place troops with him or do i have to wait until Ms Pond and Myself have an adjacent square?

You will need to have an adjacent square to support him.

• Like 1

@cn3wton, another question. I don't see any losses listed for my army on the Spreadsheet? Did I just get super lucky or have they not been updated yet? Don't wanna redeploy troops until I know exactly what I have to work with lol. :)

• Like 2

Spoiler

17 minutes ago, Rhovaniel said:

@cn3wton, another question. I don't see any losses listed for my army on the Spreadsheet? Did I just get super lucky or have they not been updated yet? Don't wanna redeploy troops until I know exactly what I have to work with lol. :)

No losses for you! I did not think you would attack there and left myself wide open!

• Like 3

Magnus observed the battlefield with a cruel grin spread across his face. He had been inspecting their newly acquainted allies when the call to battle had sounded. He had not brought many men, but together with his allies, as primitive as they where, they would surely destroy these shape shifting beings. Surely this alliance would be sealed with blood, on both sides.

The pre-battle energy surged through the armies, waiting for any sign from the other that it was to begin. He gave the order, his troops blood frenzy at its peak. He moved in with his troops so he would be in the thick of it. 

The enemy approached with great speed dwarfing the majority of his troops but he welcomed the challenge. He cut his way through them with his unholy powers. Ripping armor plating off with glee with his bare hands. He payed little mind to the damage such actions caused his own body.

But then he felt it, a change in the battle. He turned to find that he was assaulted from both sides. What a clever trap he thought, he had played right into it. But he would not go easy. He moved to the center as the armies began to mesh into utter chaos. Magnus stood at the epicenter, slaying men and machine left and right.

But he noticed that these finely dressed primitive humans held many secrets. Even their infantry was well skilled. The pile of his enemies lay at his feet until the Sloth cut his way to him. Both knew the battle was surely lost, but they felt no fear. They where the final two remaining as the pile at their feet grew. Each suffered grievous wounds, Sloth lay slumped on the ground.

Magnus laughed, flecks of blood catching on his lips. "You think you've won..." He coughs. The remaining forces of the machines and man looked over him. He could barely stand, his powers all but spent. "You don't get it, you have done, exactly what he wanted." He smiled again.

Suddenly the area rippled with energy, and Druhn seemed to phase into existence besides his loyal commander. Only then did Magnus fall to his knees. Immense waves of power washed out from him like the tide. He carried no weapons and seemed uninterested in the armies arrayed around him. He approached his servant, placing hands on his shoulders. "You have done well, rest now." 

Magnus's very soul flowed forth from his body into his master, but he did not care. Surely he had achieved what he had dreamed! His master had acknowledged his power, this was not the end. Druhn, seeming to just notice the armies around him looked to them. He turned, letting the body of his former servant fall to the ground, a sickening grin spread across Magnus's withered face. 

He approached what appeared to be the leaders of these, autobots, and sized him up. "Well done. You will be pleased to know that you and your allies forces have bested mine and are upon my doorstep. The coming days should prove entertaining. Oh yes, I had almost forgotten." He waves his hand, and the orcs portal behind him shatters, its energies sending a shock wave across the field. 

"That does remind me however, wasn't one of your allies from the orcs world as well? Curious, I do not think that has happened before. I can only imagine the repercussions your actions have had on her world. Time will tell I suppose!"

He turns to the Kingsmen and nods. "You have quite suprised me, I can't help but wonder what you shall do next!" 

He then goes to the now still body of the Sloth. Hoists him over his shoulder unceremoniously and opens a portal before him.

"I will be taking this, hope you don't mind. Carry on!"

With that the portal closes behind him. The two armies look at one another, ready their weapons, and begin the battle anew. 

Magnus's withered body is now crushed and lost during the fray.

I forgot the mention to everyone that you guys should totally RP the battles! Makes it even more fun. Congrats to all the winners this week.

I hope you all can keep up, you havent seen anything yet!

• Like 2