Sea-to-Sky takes things slow

Welp, i did a stupid thing and screwed my sleep over 

Shame Facepalm GIF by MOODMAN
getting to sleep at a decent time but still waking up a lot. I've come to the conclusion is the increased light level making me wake up 6:30. Yay, summer. *insert gif of vampire hissing as sun here*
if this keeps happening i may have to seriously consider falling asleep at stupid oclock (aka, 9:30pm) just to get enough sleep. 

so i have a fun thing planned. Group meal with friends. I feel like i didn't sleep at all last night….not really what i was going for. 
Thankfully it is a lunch thing so hopefully it will be fine. Hopefully 🤞🤞🤞🤞

had the worst breakfast so far this year. Protein bars are not a breakfast food in my book, but it was all i could manage. Today is not going the best. 

i have marinaded chicken (i tried shwarma paste and yogurt this time, very nice) and fresh falafels and home made salsa in the fridge, so supper will at least be low energy. 

and just to cheer everyone up after all that grousing. 

I love this thing. So ingenious.

• Like 3
  • That's Metal 1

the creative spelling comes as standard. Enjoy! 
A journey of thousand miles, begins with a single step - Lao Tzu

Challenge: #1#2#3#4

4 hours ago, Sea-to-sky said:

I've come to the conclusion is the increased light level making me wake up 6:30. Yay, summer. *insert gif of vampire hissing as sun here*

The puppy keeps getting up with the sun ... 6:30 on the dot 🥲 so I feel this. 

Your dinner sounds amazing. I've been seeing a lot of shawarma chicken recipes lately so I might need to try it. 

I hope your day improves and your friend lunch rejuvenates you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

{Chase the wind and touch the sky; I will fly}

I feel you about the sun, it's a struggle here too. I hope today goes better than you are expecting and that your lunch is delightful. 

• Like 1

Past Challenges: #1, #2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16

Current Challenge: #17

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

36 minutes ago, Sovalis said:

hope today goes better than you are expecting and that your lunch is delightful. 

I was good in the end. Nice to chat with people. Ended up with so much meat (carvery) so i am so full. All in all a delightful afternoon. 

• Like 3

So. Challenge sum up time. already…how did it get here so fast?!

reduce the tbr: 9/10

Apart from the last week or so, where i felt so low on energy i decided to buy a few books i could read easily with minimal energy expenditure, this went pretty well and i definitely saved some money doing it. The sorted list in my kindle works really well and mostly I'm choosing things i already own. I made a nice inroad and went through 13 books from the backlog. 

food that loves you back: 8/10

actually went pretty well. Though i didn't cook many new recipes due to being so tired. I did cook and eat home made stuff instead if bingeing on empty calories when i was low. Which as the entire point of this particular challenge. 

build the bard skills: 2/10

due to low energy levels this one crashed and died pretty early. Annoying, but just how it went. 

sleep cycle: 6/10

i did make a decent effort with this one mostly, but it kind of fell through about half way through the challenge when my sleep cycle basically went to pot at the other end. Time I'm getting up has been better, but waking up so early is not ideal right now. Probably need to rinse and repeat this one til it sticks annoyingly. 

afternoon nap: 4/10

Having a quiet rest in the afternoon happened at a decent frequency but didn't end up being actually napping as much as it probubly should have been. Due to energy levels will probubly have to flip this one over to next challenge til i have better energy levels 

Room sorting: 7/10

Factoring in low energy level, This went well. Second sort of jewellery got done. Also dusting, putting things back on shelves and sorting 1/3 of the art cupboard. 

Giving myself bonus points for getting out more and generally trying to have more days out. Wasn't easy this month, as my energy levels have been a struggle, but getting out regularly really helps my mood and usually comes with a walk attached. Need to do more of this now the weather is getting better. 

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 1

This is a really solid wrap up for a challenge that was a struggle at times. Way to go! Also, I am blown away by how fast you read. That is seriously impressive. 

• Thanks 1

Past Challenges: #1, #2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16

Current Challenge: #17

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Sovalis said:

Also, I am blown away by how fast you read

Not a big tv watcher plus i go through phases of streaming stuff. Right now im not doing much of that, but dead boy detective just got released and i am a big neil gaiman fan so will be binge watching that one.  
bottom line, CFS gives you lots of spare time. One of its few upsides. Means i can get a lot of reading in. 

if i count all the books in my tbr page for this challenge its 17. Plus i reread maybe 6 or so on top of that and had two i am partially into and just burnt out on. 
i definitely get through more books on low months though, as im not doing much else. 

• Like 2

On 4/28/2024 at 9:38 AM, Sea-to-sky said:

I love this thing. So ingenious.

Holy crap, that's brilliant! 🤯

• Like 1

Active challenges: Summer bod - for real this time! | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

2023-24 threads: Challenge VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX

2018-19 & 2021 threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII

17 minutes ago, TimovieMan said:

Holy crap, that's brilliant! 🤯

I know, right?! The amount of designing and testing and building and tweaking needed to get the main section with the feed onto the zylophine keys and the peg wheel board alone working completely blows my brain. Never mind all the rest of it. 

• That's Metal 1