Goal : Battle my Nemesis : The Weekend Wolfer

I'm trying to lose weight and my biggest obstacle is that I tend to overeat on the weekend. So, my goal is to track food and eat no more than maintenance. Ideally, I'd like it to be under maintenance, but if I'm struggling, and taking blows, maintenance is still a win. We eat at family's house on Saturday, so I'm estimating calories, but the idea is to leave enough to cover it, and to eat sensibly.

Hungry Fast Food GIF by Chris Timmons

Note:

I was looking for a more ferocious nemesis, but this cute little guy is perfect. Weekend overeating seems so friendly, but it ruins all my progress.

Goal 2 : Drink 60 oz of water a day

I worked on this goal last challenge  ( even though I didn't talk about it) I don't do very well with the advice of having a giant bottle of water and sipping on it through the day.  I take a few sips, and I'm good, and at the end of the day, I've had maybe two glasses of water. So, what I am doing is filling my 32 oz water bottle, and pouring it into my glass, and telling myself I need to finish it while I do whatever activity I'm doing. Tea and seltzer also counts. This seems to be working, so I will keep it up.

Goal 3: Keep up with the goals I've been working on

eating skills, and eating according to my values: Thankfulness: family and friends, and prudence

Bible before screen

getting dressed before breakfast

tracking calories

Lets Go Wow GIF by FaZe Clan

Edit to add: My cut is not continuing the entire challenge. But, I will just adjust calories, and keep the goal the same. I want to keep some of the same skills I learned while cutting, and just tweak a bit for maintenance

• Like 6

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

15 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

I don't do very well with the advice of having a giant bottle of water and sipping on it through the day. 

That doesn't really work for me either. I'm currently experimenting with electrolytes because that does seem to help me drink more. I liked LMNT, but it's kind of pricey. I have a bunch of Nuun tabs now that I'm not a big fan of, but I'm still playing around with different things to see if I can make them better. 

• Like 1

"For God did not give us a spirit of fear; but a spirit of power, love, and self-discipline". - 2 Timothy 1:7

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." -Gandalf

Here to cheer! 

• Like 1

Past Challenges: #1, #2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16

Current Challenge: #17

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

20 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

It's ferocious and adorable.

Just like the lure of weekend junkfood.😀

15 hours ago, Everstorm said:

Good luck taming the Weekend Wolfer!

Thanks!

11 hours ago, athousandwords said:

Following along!

Excited Lets Go GIF by Team USA

Celebration GIF by WAVE Podcast Network

10 hours ago, Artemis Prime said:

That doesn't really work for me either. I'm currently experimenting with electrolytes because that does seem to help me drink more. I liked LMNT, but it's kind of pricey. I have a bunch of Nuun tabs now that I'm not a big fan of, but I'm still playing around with different things to see if I can make them better. 

I can't regularly do Nuun tablets. After a few days it starts to bother my stomach( the stevia?) Right now I'm doing some coconut water, but they drawback is , that's extra calories.

5 hours ago, Sovalis said:

Here to cheer! 

Hey there! Glad to see you here.

5 hours ago, EricMN said:

Weekend eating is real. I'm here to watch you win.

Hey!! Welcome back, stranger! Do you have a challenge? I'll go check it out

• Like 2

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Goal; water; right now I'm at 58 oz, it's 8:00, so I will have a cup of tea and make my goal

I tracked and stayed within calories last weekend

Tracked calories today. I'm feeling kind of hungry. Not super hungry, just like I wish I could eat more. It's not long until bedtime, so hopefully that feeling will fade.  I am losing weight. My jeans are fitting better. Yesterday, I wore a shirt that  had grown too short (belly issues😉) Another shirt that has capped sleeves was too small in the arms. That may just be to MUSCLES. Which is a fine problem.  Some of my blouse are fitting tighter. If I lose some weight and they are still too small in the arms, I will get new ones. 

Did my workout today. With my squats, I want to increase each of my dumbbells by 5 lbs. I put on the weight, and it was super hard, and my knees were caving in, but I did it. Then I looked at my adjustable dumbbells and realized I had increased each by 10 lbs! So, technically I had gone up by 20 lbs( though really bad form) I went down to what I meant to increase it by and did a good solid squat. Right now, I'm not expecting many gains, because of the calorie deficit, so it's nice when I have them.

• Like 7

Following!  I feel you on the weekend wolfer…but for me it is the post work one.  I really need to get it in check.

• Like 1

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore before you decide to be happy” -Nightbirde

“Dreams do not come true all by themselves. They are nourished by the bounty of hard work”  -Unknown Disney Imagineer

2024 Word

Svastha: Standing in One’s Own Power

Current Challenge:

Sepherina: Slow and Steady Wins the Race

Prior Challenges

Spoiler

Sepherina:

#1 , #2 , #3 , #4 , #5 , #6 , #7 , #8 , #9#10#11, #12

Avery The Patient:

#1 , #2 , #3 , #4 , #5 

9 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Not super hungry, just like I wish I could eat more.

I love popcorn for these times when I just want to eat a lot of something without the calories.

Did my workout today. With my squats, I want to increase each of my dumbbells by 5 lbs. I put on the weight, and it was super hard, and my knees were caving in, but I did it. Then I looked at my adjustable dumbbells and realized I had increased each by 10 lbs! So, technically I had gone up by 20 lbs( though really bad form) I went down to what I meant to increase it by and did a good solid squat. Right now, I'm not expecting many gains, because of the calorie deficit, so it's nice when I have them.

WOW! Nice to hit a PR by accident though! Seems like you're moving up at the right time!

• Like 2

Level 19 Ravenclaw Rebel

Fairy tales do not start, nor do they end, in the dark forest (Ted Lasso)
COMPLETED CHALLENGES: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 13.5 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19

CURRENT CHALLENGE: 3, 2, 1... Bake!

11 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Did my workout today. With my squats, I want to increase each of my dumbbells by 5 lbs. I put on the weight, and it was super hard, and my knees were caving in, but I did it. Then I looked at my adjustable dumbbells and realized I had increased each by 10 lbs! So, technically I had gone up by 20 lbs

I have made these types of plate math errors before. I'm always a little relieved to discover it actually was heavier than expected and not just me struggling.

• Like 2

"For God did not give us a spirit of fear; but a spirit of power, love, and self-discipline". - 2 Timothy 1:7

On 5/7/2024 at 4:27 AM, Sepherina said:

Following!  I feel you on the weekend wolfer…but for me it is the post work one.  I really need to get it in check.

Yeah, the feeling of I've earned this , can be real. ( and deceptive!)

On 5/7/2024 at 5:51 AM, athousandwords said:

I love popcorn for these times when I just want to eat a lot of something without the calories.

WOW! Nice to hit a PR by accident though! Seems like you're moving up at the right time!

I had forgotten about popcorn. Good idea.

On 5/7/2024 at 7:53 AM, Artemis Prime said:

I have made these types of plate math errors before. I'm always a little relieved to discover it actually was heavier than expected and not just me struggling.

I was happier when I noticed the weight. I was thinking," why is this so hard?"

• Like 1

I'm tired , so short update. Being doing good on water. The no screens before Bible has been slacking, I need to make sure and not lose that habit. Worked out today. Worked in the garden some. Went on a morning walk.

• Like 9

It was sunny, so I was super motivated this morning. Went on a morning walk.  Then my friend came over, and we worked on our scrapbooks. I finished mine! Then I did a bit of gardening, and a short mobility session. Hubby and I are going for an after dinner walk very soon.

• Like 5
  • That's Metal 1

Yay for finishing your scrapbook! That is awesome! :D 

Glad you got your walk in. Your days sound like they are full of such lovely things. 

• Like 1

Past Challenges: #1, #2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16

Current Challenge: #17

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 5/10/2024 at 8:36 AM, Sovalis said:

Yay for finishing your scrapbook! That is awesome! :D 

Glad you got your walk in. Your days sound like they are full of such lovely things. 

Thanks! Yes, my days are. Today we babysat for a friend. A two year old and a baby, both sweet. 

• Like 1

Week one:

Did good on water; stayed on track for calories, Bible before screens.  

Battling The Weekend Wolfer: Friday for date night we went out to Qdoba(Mexican fast food) I picked what I wanted beforehand and stayed within calorie range. I even saved room for a small bowl of ice cream. Saturday I kept it within my goals too.Sunday was a planned skip day since it was Mother's  Day. We ate at the same hamburger place I that we ate at before, only this time I allowed myself all the fries I wanted, and I had a bun. I still didn't eat all the fries, I ate until I was a little overfull, but not stuffed to the point of discomfort, so that was a win. 

Friday night we saw the Northern lights. I had seen them once before, but not really well. This time, they covered the whole sky.The colors weren't bright, but I could see pink and green, and watched the lights dance.

Sunday was Mother's Day. After we ate, we went on a hike, then went for ice cream, then back to our house for a game. My son bought me an expansion to WIngspan, so we played that. The only bad part of the day, was I got two blisters on my heels.  They are not new hiking shoes. They were rubbing a bit, but it wasn't painful. But when I took my socks and shoes off, I had blisters. And the one on my right heel was big. 

Today I skipped walking outside so I wouldn't pop my blister. I did a bit of indoor walking but not much. Did do my workout. 

Next weekend is another day where I will eat more.  Sunday our church celebrates Pentecost. Everybody brings in international food, Anyway, I am going to enjoy it, and not worry about calories. But Friday and Saturday , I will stay on track, and Sunday the rest of the day I will track calories. I'll leave some cushion, so hopefully I will either be at maintenance, or just slightly above

• Like 4

Anyway, I am going to enjoy it, and not worry about calories

I feel like you are striking a very healthy balance of being mindful of what you are eating and not going completely off track, but also allowing yourself to enjoy special occasions and not being overly restrictive.

• Like 1

Happy Mother's Day! Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend! So jealous that you got good aurora coverage where you are (it was cloudy here), but happy for you that you got to enjoy the light show!

Level 19 Ravenclaw Rebel

Fairy tales do not start, nor do they end, in the dark forest (Ted Lasso)
COMPLETED CHALLENGES: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 13.5 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19

CURRENT CHALLENGE: 3, 2, 1... Bake!

On 5/14/2024 at 7:04 AM, athousandwords said:

Happy Mother's Day! Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend! So jealous that you got good aurora coverage where you are (it was cloudy here), but happy for you that you got to enjoy the light show!

Bummer, I'm sorry your weather did not cooperate. For once, ours did.

Did  I mention that last Saturday we went to a garden store called Flower World? Greenhouses filled with flowers and trees of every variety to buy. That made my heart happy. We bought two new blueberry bushes, one that blooms early, and another that is supposed to be very hardy. And all sorts flowers for my  flower pots on my deck and  front yard. And a few strawberries and herbs for my vegetable garden. I'm not doing much in my veggie garden this year, just the herbs I bought and that survived the winter.  So, I've been working in the yard this week.

Bought some blister bandages for my heels. Yesterday, I just went on a short walk and did my gardening. I didn't go for a walk in the evening because my heel felt a bit irritated. Not sore,  but I didn't want to push it. Today it felt better, and hubby and I went for our evening walk.

Did my workout today.  I can tell I'm in a deficit. By the end of the workout, I'm wiped. And not as much oomph in the workouts either.

• Like 4