Forums are back in action! ×

I saw rock bottom, then said "hold my beer"...

So, you know what happens when a 250lb dragon gets fed up with her supposed mate, leaves most of her belongings and moves in with the one that birthed her in the town that she hates above all other things? She turns into a 315lb, extremely depressed, panic attack suffering, social closet basket case with a desperate need for the time of her death and rebirth. 

Then she has a birthday and a mental breakdown at the same time (because I mean, that's what birthdays are for right? "You're one year older and farther and farther from being young and pretty! CONGRATULATIONS!" Is what it says on birthday cakes).

So here I am. Lady_Dragon is not at 315, she is instead at 294.5. See I discovered intermittent fasting. First, I did 18/6, where I fasted 18 hours and ate in a 6 hour period. I mean that was cute and I lost 5lbs but that's so not enough. Then, I discovered water fasting. Well, who would have figured not eating anything would work? So now I'm at 294.5. I'm working on one meal a day now (OMAD) and I'm introducing bodyweight workouts into my life again. 

See, the deal here is that I want to be as strong as this lady and look like her too, so, I won't do that if I just sit and wait for the fat to fall off before I start exercising. I've waited 37 years for the fat to fall off and it hasn't. So I'm just going to put muscle underneath the fat that will never go anywhere and end up looking like a real dragon. Extra tasty thiccy I guess.

So, I'm not sure really where I belong now in the nerdfitness world. Here's my goals:

• strong like WW. If I happen to lose weight while lifting fine. If not, my body is stupid and I don't care anymore.
  • buy another motorcycle and start riding again (2 years without riding is 24 months too many)
  • finish my degree at SNHU
  • get a certificate in front end web development
  • get a job as a JR web developer
  • buy or rent a high rise condo or townhouse
  • get a dog
  • take a martial art

There's a lot of point C's in there but no A-B. I have no idea how to go from A-B on some of these, minus the college and rescue a dog stuff. No idea how to go from fatass to rippedass (thats a word now I decree it) no idea how someone who has student loan debt is supposed to buy a house considering the changes those idiots in Washington let happen, no idea how to get a job as a JR web developer, no idea how to START LIVING instead of waiting to die.

But I'm here, and I guess that's step alpha.

• Like 2

May I make a suggestion? Start with one of those goals, and break it down into itty-bitty pieces.

Let's start with the one I recognize as one of my own goals, getting stronger. What needs to happen to make you stronger? You need to build muscle. How do you do that? You make them work in ways they're not used to, until they grow stronger. Now, how do you do that? I joined a gym so I can start lifting weights again. You've just started doing body weight exercises. Great. Now keep doing them. As your body gets stronger you will be able to do more workouts. You will sleep better, and yes, you will start to lose weight.

And while you're starting out, you belong here, in the challenge forum for first-timers. It's a great place. :)

The Great Reading Thread of 2024

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37; Ch 38; Ch 39; Ch 40; Intermission V; Ch 41; Ch 42; Ch 43; Ch 44; Ch 45; Ch 46; Ch 47; Intermission VI; Ch 48; Ch 49; Ch 50; Ch 51; Intermission VI

Greetings and welcome fellow motorcyclist! 

Your goals are awesome. You can babystep each and every one of those (except the $ ones might work better done one at a time - either motorcycle first or condo first). Welcome aboard, happy respawn week, and looking forward to seeing you Rock This!

scalyfreak is right, I also recommend starting in the Level 1 Challenge forum, I'll see you there! 

“Then something Tookish woke up inside of him, and he wished to go and see the great mountains, and hear the pine-trees and the waterfalls, and explore the caves, and wear a sword instead of a walking-stick."

-J. R. R. Tolkien

2022 Challenges: Push, Core, SimplePooh, Timebox, NaNoWriMo

2023 Challenges: 20SOC, Travel, Battery, Song n'Dance