Forums are back in action! ×

Just joined the forum so I thought I'd introduce myself ?

I'm a 41 year old Brit living in Norway working (well until this Spring anyway) in an office and spending occasional weekends walking, snowboarding or mountain biking depending on the conditions outside.

Working from home this year has seen my weight increase more and I found this site while looking for a way to stop that. So, I recently started to do the NF beginnner bodyweight workout. Still early days but there have been some strength gains already, allowing upgrades to some of the exercises. The workout also made me realise (very late now!) how unbalanced my body is (e.g. strong legs/weak upper and now a little assymmetrical from the boarding) and that the weekend warrior thing isn't really a good way to stay in shape while in a sedentary job!

Anyway - I hope to start a challenge so I guess I'll see you in that subforum soon!

• Like 3

Hi cd667! Just followed job opportunities from London to Aberdeen to Oslo.

Each has their ups/downs I would say London has the most downs if you work there (it's great to visit) as you're mostly too knackered to even visit the center. As an expat in Aberdeen I learned to drive and explored the area (great hills, some skiing). Moved to Oslo after I got bored of Aberdeen and am still enjoying the hills/forests but it's not the same as you have to be seasonal (i.e. you can't mountain bike all year*).

*some people ride on the prepared cross country tracks on fat bikes but I've never looked into that ?

Welcome!  I'll keep an eye out for you in the challenge forums.  Technically the next challenge starts in a week, but a lot of rebels will actually put up the next one as soon as the new challenge forum opens up, probably tomorrow, AKA "zero week." So no need to lose momentum if you want to start right away.

daily dare 49 48  47  46 45 44  43 42 41  40 39 38 37 36 35  34 32  31 30  29  28 27  26  25 24 23 22 21 20 19  18  17 16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 #8 #7  #6  #5 #4 #3  #2 #1