Day 3:

? Goal 1 -- Core HIT with the training buddy. We had a little discussion about whether we were getting strong really fast or what, and we decided it's a combination of minor strength gains and major efficiency gains as our muscles learn the movements. So we don't expect it to continue at this pace, but we're both noticeably better at the exercises this week. 

Goal 2 -- Biked to work and back. 

??? Goal 3 -- Still no structure that I believe will work, but I did the Duolingo and navigated the grocery store with no issues...baby steps.

??? Goal 4 -- Tempted to count 'meeting for coffee' as a social, but it was actually a meeting, so nope. 

Welcome to Wodin's Day, heathens!

• Like 1

Day 4 & 5:

?? Goal 1 -- Planned day off followed by Core Big 5 solo today.

?? Goal 2 -- Back to back rain days. 

????? Goal 3 -- nope

???? Goal 4 - Went to a gathering Thursday evening to play guitars and goof off. It was fun.

Happy weekend!

Ok, so here we are on Day one of Week 5. Skipping the weekend in which I did nothing goal-oriented.

Goal 1 -- HIIT class with training buddy.

Goal 2 -- Made the commute both ways. 

? Goal 3 -- nope

? Goal 4 -- Nothing yet.

Kind of my typical start to the week . Hope you all have a good Monday. :) 

• Like 1

Day two: 

? Goal 1 -- Intentional rest day

Goal 2 -- Made the commute both ways. This morning it looked like it might rain and this evening it did, so I completed my first commute leg in full rain. Reinforces what I've whispered in my own ear more than once -- need to keep some lightweight rain gear in a saddle bag or at the office. 

?? Goal 3 -- Come on. We know better than that.

?? Goal 4 -- No socials to date -- I have something planned for Thursday, so we're probably covered.

It's Taco Tuesday. Where are the tacos? 

Day three: 

?? Goal 1 -- Normally this would be Core HIT day and Friday would be Big 5 HIT day, but we're trying something new this week and combining the HIT workouts into one on Thursday. The rationale is to have just a little more recovery time between all the workouts. We'll see how it goes.

? Goal 2 -- Woke up to rain, so I took the train. 

??? Goal 3 -- No.

??? Goal 4 -- Moving the workout may get in the way of tomorrow's planned social gathering, but we'll see.  Hopefully not.

Welcome to Wednesday!

Day four: 

?? Goal 1 -- HIT Big 5 + Core today. It was ok, but I think training buddy and I are in violent agreement that we like it split into two days better. We may add a little to each day to make it a little more comprehensive, but we'll go back to 3x weekly next week.

? Goal 2 -- Biked the commute. Came back after dark, and the drivers are worse. Might have to strategize that somewhat with the winter months approaching. 

???? Goal 3 -- Nope.

??? Goal 4 -- Attended the social thing. Another one planned for tomorrow, though it's more of an official function. Still, forced socialization is still socialization.

• Like 1

Oof.  combining HIIT days sounds rough.  Isn't it already designed to be pretty maximal for each session?  Or am I thinking of Tabata specifically?  Anyway, glad to see you survived the trial.

daily dare 49 48  47  46 45 44  43 42 41  40 39 38 37 36 35  34 32  31 30  29  28 27  26  25 24 23 22 21 20 19  18  17 16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 #8 #7  #6  #5 #4 #3  #2 #1

I need better terms! lol. So...HIIT is Monday only (and full effort), and then Wednesday and Friday are HIT (slow with good form to temporary failure). The Wed/Fri workouts only take about 20 minutes once we get in the gym, so while they're pretty intense they are not really comparable to the Monday workout. Anyway, I think it's working pretty well! 

• That's Metal 1

So the end of the challenge slipped by. I finished all the goals except one -- the learning Japanese part. I still need to find a better system for that, other than Duolingo. I need something that builds vocabulary faster. 

Anyway, hope everyone had a successful challenge.