Forums are back in action! ×

Any EU nerd around here?

Hello from (hot) Paris!

I was just wondering if there is some EU nerds around here. Would be fun to share how you handle the non-metric system for pretty much everything on NF. ;)

On a personal note, started NF program early July, hated the guides I bought (well, working in print + web, I was hoping for a more fancy look, sorry :P). The content is nice so I kept them. Going mostly paleo I lost 10 Kg (that's 22lb, thx Convertbot) in 1,5 month (yeah, my diet was REALLY bad before) and started the "move your ass" part only recently (I have a foot injury since april that don't want to go away...).

I turned 40 at the end of June, I'm completely out of shape and my body reminds me of that "little problem" as soon as I'm not working in front of my computer. And my holidays in HK/Japan (1 month trip) were a bit less awesome because of that. My goal : awesome body by 41y old :topsy_turvy: but really, I just want to walk, run and... survive. I'm planning Indonesia (scuba diving with the wife, who btw is on paleo diet too now ;) ) + NZ holidays, and I want to be able to enjoy them 100%!

Thx all for the inspiration!

Welcome! Do you have a smartphone? There's tons of metric to imperial conversion apps, and that's just the start. Should be fairly easy. Honestly, just post kg or cm or what not, and make us do the conversion work xD

Good luck with your goals! Don't be discouraged when weight loss slides down from that pace (that's an incredible amount, some would say dangerous), keep up the good work and you'll be able to outswim sharks in no time :D

Neutral Good-High Elf Warrior

What we move is far less important than what moves us.

Razor's Three-Fortnight Challenge

Well, for now, besides just stretching and what not, try cycling or (dare I say it) an ellyptical rather than running. They are much easier on joints, especially a sensitive zone like your ankle. As for your diet slowing down, try to find your caloric maintenance. You don't have to count calories, just find out what your limit should be, and make sure you don't constantly go over it. Good luck!

Neutral Good-High Elf Warrior

What we move is far less important than what moves us.

Razor's Three-Fortnight Challenge

Kinda like neighbor.. from germany :)

Level 2   Human   Ranger

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------STR 7.7  CON 4.8  Battle Log  We are Rangers.DEX 2.0  WIS 2.9               We walk in the dark places no others will enter.STA 4.9  CHA 3.3               We stand on the bridge, and no one may pass.

Hey there :D Just a little message from someone over in the Netherlands :D

And with all the US measures around the web, I'd say go with the metric system (saves me converting time :P) and let them do the work this time around :D

"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection"

Epic Quest: Sif's list of awesome

Challenge: let's smash another year #low-carb #push-ups #intermittent fasting

Spoiler

Sif rises once more (~2020): 1

The Return of Sif (~2018): 1, 2, 34567, 8

The Age of Kibcy (~2012/13): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89

Archived