Forums are back in action! ×

Century Push

milythael

I'll forgive you if you manage to do one real push-up before the end of the 6 weeks challenge! I still have a cake and I know how to eat it! Do your best for all your other goals, don't get overwhelmed, ok :)

D: all this pressure!!!! LOL No. I dunno. But you don't have to eat cake until I retry 8D

I'll try not to get overwhelmed. I seriously don't even understand why my mind flips a switch and goes into "do nothing" mode :|

I even try to tell myself "it's only this" and my brain goes all "too much".

Logically I can think of how little I need to do, but every fiber in my body is like "nope." IDK.

"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection"

Epic Quest: Sif's list of awesome

Challenge: let's smash another year #low-carb #push-ups #intermittent fasting

Spoiler

Sif rises once more (~2020): 1

The Return of Sif (~2018): 1, 2, 34567, 8

The Age of Kibcy (~2012/13): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89

My full, chest-to-ground pushups test gave me a 6. I guess I'm starting over with rank 2 now.

Still, I'm making progress. I'm sure I wouldn't have been able to do a single one when I started.

EDIT: 6, 6, 4, 4, 4... the last 4 was supposed to be 5+ :(

Hopefully I'll make good progress from now on. Looking forward to being more kickass.

My full, chest-to-ground pushups test gave me a 6. I guess I'm starting over with rank 2 now.

Still, I'm making progress. I'm sure I wouldn't have been able to do a single one when I started.

EDIT: 6, 6, 4, 4, 4... the last 4 was supposed to be 5+ :(

Hopefully I'll make good progress from now on. Looking forward to being more kickass.

:D :D :D :D I still think you did incredibly awesome!!!!

Spoiler

Finished the final week and just tried a max set. Got 75 which is easily a personal best and more than I thought I'd manage. Slightly torn now because, after I only managed to increase my max by 2 on the last attempt I had kind of presumed that the same would be true again and, I was going to stop with the hundred pushups program to focus on other things rather than just get stuck repeating week 6 ad infinitum. I think I'm going to call time on the program so I can focus on some actual strength work (being able to do 100 pushups is something I'd love to do but realistically it's not making be stronger and it feels a bit self indulgent). I will intermittently attempt 100 and see if I can get there. Good luck to everyone who's still going

Finished the final week and just tried a max set. Got 75 which is easily a personal best and more than I thought I'd manage. Slightly torn now because, after I only managed to increase my max by 2 on the last attempt I had kind of presumed that the same would be true again and, I was going to stop with the hundred pushups program to focus on other things rather than just get stuck repeating week 6 ad infinitum. I think I'm going to call time on the program so I can focus on some actual strength work (being able to do 100 pushups is something I'd love to do but realistically it's not making be stronger and it feels a bit self indulgent). I will intermittently attempt 100 and see if I can get there. Good luck to everyone who's still going

I know how you feel. I am plateaued at 62 right now. My shoulder feels a bit sore and I'm worried it is going to hurt my bench press goal for this challenge. I'm going to see what a few days of ice and mobility work does for it.

Thank you Nuala :)

And Don't stress it Kibcy :) there's no need to push your self too hard! I also belive you can manage 1 full pushup by the end of the challenge :)

I'm feeling a little better today guys so I'm gonna try some push ups and let you know how it goes!

Challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/24724-rain13-hell-yea-im-back/#entry419693

level: 2Race: Elf | Class: Druid/Assassin | Height: 5'8 | Weight: 135lbsStrength: 7 | Dexterity: 4 | Stamina: 4 1/2 | Constitution: 6 | Wisdom: 7 | Charisma: 4

And Don't stress it Kibcy :) there's no need to push your self too hard! I also belive you can manage 1 full pushup by the end of the challenge :)

I'm feeling a little better today guys so I'm gonna try some push ups and let you know how it goes!

:D who knows.

Good luck!

Spoiler

Go push the Earth! It won't resist your badass-ness :D Go Rain! \o/

Nuala, level 13 Robot mistress of pain, Assassin Guild leader

First journey: The Rise and fall of an Assassin

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13

Second journey: Crawling back

Gratz Nuala! 106 total O.o that's awesome!

Oh and I did push that earth lastnight! Woot! 12, 14, 11, 10, (2 1/2 min rest) 15. It was suppose to be 16 but I was strugleing with that 15th one so I couldn't do 16 =/ I'll get it next time! Oh and since I didn't complete week 3 I decided to just move on to week 4 XD that could be the main reason why I didn't get that last one

Challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/24724-rain13-hell-yea-im-back/#entry419693

level: 2Race: Elf | Class: Druid/Assassin | Height: 5'8 | Weight: 135lbsStrength: 7 | Dexterity: 4 | Stamina: 4 1/2 | Constitution: 6 | Wisdom: 7 | Charisma: 4

Did Week 1, day 2, column 2... that is, 6, 8, 6, 6, 7.

I'm struggling, and my chest still isn't touching the floor. At the end of the week, I'll take another test and try to get at least one full pushup. I feel like I'm going backwards, but... I'm more interested in doing real pushups than doing 100 of something that's nothing like a pushup.

Did Week 1, day 2, column 2... that is, 6, 8, 6, 6, 7.

I'm struggling, and my chest still isn't touching the floor. At the end of the week, I'll take another test and try to get at least one full pushup. I feel like I'm going backwards, but... I'm more interested in doing real pushups than doing 100 of something that's nothing like a pushup.

With that attitude you're definitely moving toward where you wanna be instead of backward!!! :)

Spoiler

Hum, I'm not going chest to floor but chest to fist height (ie, a tennis ball) Maybe I'll start doing some floor touching ones to help with strength though!

For now I'll stick with the fist-ish ones. I'm up to 25 max, week 3 day 2. I was looking at the spreadsheet, incredible progress going on all over the place, well done everyone.

| STR 15 | DEX 14 | STA 14 | CON 10.5 | WIS 11 | CHA 7 | Level 5

Ocelot's Dossier - Battle Log | Springing into my Sixth Challenge!

13 13 15 15 12 12 10 33

I have seen no progress this week. Even the small sets were difficult. My body may be too tired to keep it on, I'm not sure what would be the best option. Keeping it on or taking a week of...

So yesterday I managed just barely that last set of 18! It was extremely difficult but I did it! Oh and I took a 5 min break before the last set.

Nuala I would suggest taking maybe 4-7 days off if it's too difficult then seeing how you feel when you get back too doing them. And good luck! You can do it! Move that Ground!

I will listen to my body and to Rain and take a few days rests. I think I actually really need that :D So I will resume my pushups next week! I won't abandon you during this time and continue hanging around here of course :)

Everyone keep it up! The 100 milestone may be far but it's only unattainable if you give up. Go for it :)

Just googled those...never heard of them before. Seems like a good idea!

Neither did I until asked how to get build depth in push ups

STR – 24.45, DEX – 13.50, STA – 23.50, CON – 21.40, WIS – 27.65, CHA – 4.50
When the sun comes up, you better start running - Thomas Friedmen
Epic Quest - Current Challenge - Twitter - Goodreads - Fitbit - blog

Enjoy your break Nuala. That's usually what I need if I'm plateauing, look forward to some PRs when you come back!!

Today... I PR-ed again! I'm up to 29 now. Week 4 day 1 very much done. Lol, week 3 day 3 was an epic fail for me. I literally forgot to do the last two sets. I just finished the third and I remembered something that needed doing. I never got back to finishing the pushups! Stupid chaotic easily-distracted brain!

| STR 15 | DEX 14 | STA 14 | CON 10.5 | WIS 11 | CHA 7 | Level 5

Ocelot's Dossier - Battle Log | Springing into my Sixth Challenge!

I am going to switch to hand release push ups for this challenge

You had me scared for a second!

;) I thought you meant hand release at the top like a clapping pushup.

I did a pushup workout this morning. Lots of sets, I had to abbreviate it in the spreadsheet.

I've been pretty inconsistant with my workouts but this is a good start to the week.

To find piece with myself
I must first find a piece of myself

XcD

I found this video on the You Tubes...

it's 7+ minutes long, but worth a watch (especially the ending).

seems like a solid progression, I'll probably give it a try if I stall on my current program (or lack of program, I just make up a hard workout right before I do it)

...may the farts be with you...

*edit* oops! I didn't put the link in my post :shame:

To find piece with myself
I must first find a piece of myself

Yea enjoy your break Nuala! :)

So I'm gonna do something slightly different this week cause i was having trouble with that last set (16,18,13,13,20+) I did 16,18,13,13,16 last week so this week i'm gonna repeat that one set for the rest of this week and try to get 20+ by friday.

@ shortstuff: those sound intresting. I think i'll do those after these 6 weeks.

It feels so weird not doing pushups. My arms must be worried having nothing to do (@~@). But it was the best option I suppose...

Keep on doing your best Rain! It's so hard to believe that 2 month ago you were just starting doing pushups. You're really doing great!

Archived