Forums are back in action! ×

Another Aussie!

Hi guys,

I've been reading the site for the last three months and finally decided to actually join. I've been overweight since I was about 9 and concerned about it since I was around 12. Obviously not concerned enough to make the necessary changes! I joined a gym in 2010 and that was a fun three weeks. Bought a home gym setup and it was great for collecting dust. My eating got real bad once I left school and started working but thankfully the physical nature of my work kept my weight to only a slow increase.

I've been reading a few books about the fat/sugar argument and back in May I gave up sugar. Lost 8 kilos in about 2 months and then kinda plateaued there. Joined a(nother) gym in September and tried to fit it in around working 14 hours a day at 2 jobs. Worked for about a week. I've got the direct debit option so whenever I check my credit card statement I've got a reminder that I'm losing money by not going back. After putting it off for weeks I've finally started going back to the gym. At the moment I'm just getting my body back into the swing of it.

With my sugar-ban I thought I was eating alright - but after actually reading Steve's Paleo article I'm cutting out grain as well.

I'm currently 117 kgs (down from 124 in May) and am aiming for about 90, though obviously weight's not the endgoal.

I think that's enough?

moknitroTroll adventurer

Level: 1STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 3 | CHA 4

New Challenger Appears: Moknitro's Adventure (Jan 7 - Feb 18 2013 Challenge)http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/22175-new-challenger-appears-moknitros-adventure/

Great introduction! Welcome to the rebellion. Good job on the weight loss so far. You're right about the weight not being the endgoal. So what is your ultimate goal? Why do you want to be not fat? What dragons do you want to slay, what death Stars do you want to blow up, what rings do you want bitten off your finger and dropped in Lava?

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Welcome moknitro! What are some of your goals?

GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

Really... My main goal is just looking good. First in a singlet and then shirtless. It'd be great to have a little bit more endurance and confidence too.

moknitroTroll adventurer

New Challenger Appears: Moknitro's Adventure (Jan 7 - Feb 18 2013 Challenge)http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/22175-new-challenger-appears-moknitros-adventure/

I don't enjoy running at all. I'll be trying to get there throw a combination of lifting and HIIT. And of course the diet!

moknitroTroll adventurer

Hi Athena!

I'm actually in Ipswich. I'm going to Jetts (which after reading the right articles - isn't the best place to be going as they have a lot of machines and a woeful free-weights section). At the very least though - I'm making the small step and actually going! I'll consider going somewhere better once I've made use of what I can (defeating the excuse "the gym is a bad one, better not go" - small victories already!)

I'm around 6'2" or so and fairly solidly built. I believe BMI wise 90kg takes me just short of cracking into "normal".

I've got a few shirts that I quite like that I don't fit into. Bam! Measuring stick!

moknitroTroll adventurer

Welcome fellow banana bender!

Banana Bender?????

Anyway, Good job moknitro on getting into the gym! If you don't like running there are plenty of options for you, it sounds like you may want to check out the Rangers or Warriors, or even start with us adventurers like Athena did before moving on to the Warriors.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Archived