Forums are back in action! ×

Avengers Age of Ultron Trailer 2 (and questions!)

great article. I wholeheartedly agree with all the points. :D

as for parker vs miles… I wont lie. I'm curious to see miles, but no parker would mean no superior spiderman, which I would LOVE (even if its just a 1 movie story).

I think that they'll do parker anyways… and save miles (with Marvels advise they will eventually do Miles) for a later film… maybe after the sinister six?

• Like 1

"Unfocused" Wizard // Rationalist of the order of Bayes

Lvl 5 Assassin. Lvl 33 Jack of all trades. 7 STR|6 DEX|7 STA|7 CON|16 WIS|8 CHA

Current challenge Wizard in the making: ero san's continuing road of magic

My drawings Sketchbook, Other afiliations The Loft

So, I came across this Gem today.  (read to get the pun  :playful: )  

http://www.esquire.com/blogs/culture/marvel-movies-infinity-gems

A theory is the 5th infinity stone will be revealed in this movie.

Makes sense. They need to get that one done so that the 6th can be dropped in later on, such as in Dr. Strange. The movies after this one will also probably start focusing in on how Thanos gets at all the ones that are now locked up.

I've been clammoring for a Black Widow origin movie since freaking Iron Man 2.  I have a theory that most people aren't gonna like.  

Black Widow was originally the Russian version of Captain America.  She was basically made with a similar "super serum" like drug.  But hollywood, I think, wants to portray her as not being enhanced or engineered in any way, so they refuse to make an origin story for her.  Though to be fair, tyrsnbdr's theory is probably more likely.  

Actually, I think they may be building up to this. Currently, in Agent Carter, they have the Russians trying to get at one of Howard Stark's possessions currently held by the SSR. The one thing they've revealed out of those things is a vial of Captain America's blood, which Peggy currently has in her possession. It's quite possible they're building up to the Russians actually getting that blood, which could then lead up to using it in the development of Black Widow. The timelines actually match up pretty nicely, and it would give a lasting impact from the Agent Carter mini-series, since they already did her co-heading S.H.I.E.L.D. in the one-shot film. Makes even more sense when you read the third paragraph from the tie-ins section of this wiki article. Who knows, it might not be a film, but instead a seperate mini-series if they want to keep doing one during S.H.I.E.L.D.'s mid-season break, though I don't know if Scarlett Johansson does tv, in which case back to the film theory. Either way, I think we're going to get a Black Widow origins story.

• Like 1

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Actually, I think they may be building up to this. Currently, in Agent Carter, they have the Russians trying to get at one of Howard Stark's possessions currently held by the SSR. The one thing they've revealed out of those things is a vial of Captain America's blood, which Peggy currently has in her possession. It's quite possible they're building up to the Russians actually getting that blood, which could then lead up to using it in the development of Black Widow. The timelines actually match up pretty nicely, and it would give a lasting impact from the Agent Carter mini-series, since they already did her co-heading S.H.I.E.L.D. in the one-shot film. Makes even more sense when you read the third paragraph from the tie-ins section of this wiki article. Who knows, it might not be a film, but instead a seperate mini-series if they want to keep doing one during S.H.I.E.L.D.'s mid-season break, though I don't know if Scarlett Johansson does tv, in which case back to the film theory. Either way, I think we're going to get a Black Widow origins story.

That would be really cool.  I haven't really been paying much attention to the TV based MCU stuff, since I don't watch TV.  But that sounds like a perfectly plausible way to do it. 

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Makes sense. They need to get that one done so that the 6th can be dropped in later on, such as in Dr. Strange. The movies after this one will also probably start focusing in on how Thanos gets at all the ones that are now locked up.

I haven't seen last nights episode yet, but I did read before it came out that, they (Studios) wanted Black Widow to be an awesomely trained human and not the Russian version of Capt America.  I can't quote my source, so I dont know how true this is.

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

...and, if you die...  Walk it off - Captain America

Level 13: 1/4 Giant Warrior

STR - 50 | DEX - 19 | STA - 19 | CON - 14 | WIS - 28 | CHA - 24

My food logging is here*: MFP: tyrsnbdr

I haven't seen last nights episode yet, but I did read before it came out that, they (Studios) wanted Black Widow to be an awesomely trained human and not the Russian version of Capt America.  I can't quote my source, so I dont know how true this is.

Her portrayel in the films thus far would support this. Everything she has done so far has basically been non-genetically enhanced badassery. The other idea I have is that she could be one of the little girl assassin chicks that Leviathan is putting out, just 60 years down the line.

• Like 1

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

The other idea I have is that she could be one of the little girl assassin chicks that Leviathan is putting out, just 60 years down the line.

I think this will be true, just the details of her training and how she becomes the Black Widow is up to be revealed.  

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

Please don't let Capt America Civil War be based off Marvel Civil War series. *fingers crossed* Don't want to start screaming at the screen.

• Like 1

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.†

~Paulo Coelho

I'm a level 3 moon elf, who's an druid assassin.

My Inspiration

Tumblr, which helps me stay the course for art challenge

FB, which I guess we could be friend :tongue:

My challenge

Instagram

Please don't let Capt America Civil War be based off Marvel Civil War series. *fingers crossed* Don't want to start screaming at the screen.

um ... hate to disappoint but it definitely will be.
  • Like 1

Half-Ork Scout Leader
Running PRs : 5K 24m16s | 10K 53m32s | 15K 1h18m09s | Half Marathon 2h1m44s | Marathon 4h42m2s 
Past Challenges #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13  #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22
                               #23 #24 #25 #26 #27 #28 #29 #30 #31 #32 #33 #34 #35 #36 #37 #38 #39 #40
Current Challenge Don't Call It A Comeback

Oh, Marvel owns the rights to the Punisher,  He would make a fun cameo in CA3: Civil War.

• Like 1

Wheymen

Oh, Marvel owns the rights to the Punisher,  He would make a fun cameo in CA3: Civil War.

I'm HOPING they bring Punsher in somewhere ... maybe the Daredevil series?

• Like 1

Half-Ork Scout Leader
Running PRs : 5K 24m16s | 10K 53m32s | 15K 1h18m09s | Half Marathon 2h1m44s | Marathon 4h42m2s 
Past Challenges #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13  #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22
                               #23 #24 #25 #26 #27 #28 #29 #30 #31 #32 #33 #34 #35 #36 #37 #38 #39 #40
Current Challenge Don't Call It A Comeback

That would be awesome.  Hopefully they'd bring back Thomas Jane to play it, though he's probably too old now.  (I didn't like War Zone.  Sorry)

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

I don't sit at work all day and read Marvel Movie news pieces, I swear.  I did find this gem today.  It's loaded with how the road map could be set up, Easter eggs, changes from the comics and how it all could play out.

• Like 1

Wheymen

Wait... What? I've been super excited for Civil War ever since they started foreshadowing it in phase 2. I'm mostly furious that it is getting sidelined instead of being avengers 3.

Why don't you like that story?

• Like 1

new news on AoU start.  Of course everyone is freaking out if that is Vision or not (we already know that it is him.)  The start should be a big action scene in a "bond movie style."  

• Like 2

Wheymen

Looks like Falcon will be in the movie as he is credited in the poster.

Wheymen

Anthony Mackie's name is in the poster, I would link the article, but I can't find it now.

Wheymen

B4B5tXbIAAAKfg1_zps14b4d16c.jpg

wow

exactly!!

Wheymen

So many possibilities for the set up of Civil War can already be seen in this trailer!!!

• Like 1

“It’s the sensible, logical thing to do, of course, which is why we don’t do it.” -Tanis, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

"Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." - Raistlin - Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Current Challenge