Forums are back in action! ×

Nerd/Fitness Christmas

Our future baby's room is owl-themed.

That is awesome!!! The main living area in my apt is leaning towards being owl themed on accident. I think I am going to make it "forest like" to complement all the owl things I already have :P

Make today your someday~~~"It's a lifestyle - train like there's no finish line~~~"I hated every minute of training, but I said, don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life a champion." - Muhammad Ali, Boxer~~~"There is nothing we cannot live down, rise above, and overcome." - Ella Wheeler Wilcox

I got running shoes

A long sleeve running shirt

running gloves

A waterproof jacket

socks

A head lamp

and cash

I was seeing a theme in my gifts until I got to the cash.

Smurray -- Ranger (Level 4)

STR 8 | DEX 5 | STA 8 | CON 8 | WIS 14 | CHA 9

Challenges:

Current,, First, Second, Third, Fourth

It never hurts to add a little more color to life... a lot more color could be a bit painful.

For all of you with a new Kindle addiction http://www.pixelofink.com/ lists free books everyday :D I tend to grab anything that looks interesting.

This is awesome. Thanks!

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Anddd just exchanged presents with my boyfriend last night. From him I got:

Firefly t-shirt: Click me!

XKCD t-shirt: Click me!

4 pack of my favorite beer (La Fin du Monde)

And a real massage wherever I choose whenever I want. Not to find a massage place. >.>

You Miss, have good taste in beer. I approve.

And t-shirts.....but not as important as beer.

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

Nerd:

stardial necklace for *telling time* *at night*

anime DVDs

box set of the Harry Potter movies on blu-ray

Nerf gun and supplies to make it all badass and steampunk like a boss

Star Trek bathrobe (best. present. ever)

Fitness:

Not a whole lot, but in my stocking I got:

climbing tape

bell for my bike so I don't have to keep shouting "On your left!!!" because, being the nerd that I am, I hate talking to people

grip-ball thing to improve my grip strength for rock climbing

The movie Kung Fu Panda. It has an overweight panda doing martial arts so it counts, right?? :P

I gave my husband rock climbing gear, a new head lamp for his bike, and anime DVDs.

Guest guest4729
You Miss, have good taste in beer. I approve.

And t-shirts.....but not as important as beer.

You can thank my boyfriend for my taste in beer. He's allowed me to try A LOT of different kinds. We've found that I mainly like Belgians and that's about it. I also like Tres Pistoles from the same brand as the La Fin du Monde. So delicious.

Also, the t-shirts were a must. I love science and I love Firefly, so why not? :D

As is tradition between my wife and I we give each other a t-shirt for Christmas

This year she got me one about Schrodinger's Cat

She got me arm sun sleeves for running this spring/summer

Half-Ork Scout Leader
Running PRs : 5K 24m16s | 10K 53m32s | 15K 1h18m09s | Half Marathon 2h1m44s | Marathon 4h42m2s 
Past Challenges #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13  #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22
                               #23 #24 #25 #26 #27 #28 #29 #30 #31 #32 #33 #34 #35 #36 #37 #38 #39 #40
Current Challenge Don't Call It A Comeback

You can thank my boyfriend for my taste in beer. He's allowed me to try A LOT of different kinds. We've found that I mainly like Belgians and that's about it. I also like Tres Pistoles from the same brand as the La Fin du Monde. So delicious.

(cough) TROIS Pistoles (/cough) ;)

Nerdy :Got some cash so I pooled it and bought a new Digtal SLR to replace my malfunctioning antique

Fitness: Running pants & tights, running gloves, tech t-shirt

Scout: STR: 20.5 | DEX: 13 | STA: 28 | CON: 13.5 | WIS: 8 | CHA: 4

http://51feetunder.wordpress.com/ - Running, Rock & Roll, Rock Climbing and Photography

Fitocracy Profile

Twitter

Latest Challenge

i gave a fitness gift: gave my bro-in-law an iron gym pull-up bar after i set mine up at my dad's house and had him (and my sis) give it a try. they seemed to have fun, and it's simple enough that i think he (and maybe my sis) will hopefully use it every once in a while... gotta spread the wealth!

...we, each of us, are responsible for our own fulfillment. Nobody else can provide it for us, and to believe otherwise is to delude ourselves dangerously and to program for eventual failure every relationship we enter. - Tom Robbins

Current Challenge: Life, man.

Guest guest4729
(cough) TROIS Pistoles (/cough) ;)

Nerdy :Got some cash so I pooled it and bought a new Digtal SLR to replace my malfunctioning antique

Fitness: Running pants & tights, running gloves, tech t-shirt

Eep! My bad! I'm not really good with guessing the spelling or pronunciation of anything besides German words. >.>

Also, what kind of SLR? I need a new one some time within the next few years. I have a Canon 350D...it's about 5 years old now? I don't use it as much as I used to, but I'd like to upgrade.

Eep! My bad! I'm not really good with guessing the spelling or pronunciation of anything besides German words. >.>

Also, what kind of SLR? I need a new one some time within the next few years. I have a Canon 350D...it's about 5 years old now? I don't use it as much as I used to, but I'd like to upgrade.

350D is a good camera. And besides gear does not make a good photo only use does :) And getting new gear is a slippery slope as it always leads to more.

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

I have a Canon 350D...it's about 5 years old now? I don't use it as much as I used to, but I'd like to upgrade.

If you're not using your camera as much it might be better to invest in some new glass instead of a new body.

Half-Ork Scout Leader
Running PRs : 5K 24m16s | 10K 53m32s | 15K 1h18m09s | Half Marathon 2h1m44s | Marathon 4h42m2s 
Past Challenges #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13  #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22

Guest guest4729
If you're not using your camera as much it might be better to invest in some new glass instead of a new body.

Lenses are super freakin' expensive. Any of the lenses I would want are in the $500 range last I checked. That and my camera has seen better days. I dropped it once and then another time my tripod got tipped over by a combo of the wind and uneven pavement before I could save it. One of the hinges for the inner mirror is broken. It still works but when I dropped it I also did something to the auto-focus and it has a lot of trouble focusing sometimes. :(

350D is a good camera. And besides gear does not make a good photo only use does :) And getting new gear is a slippery slope as it always leads to more.

Fortunately (or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it) that won't be a problem for me. Not enough money to worry about that. I can barely afford a camera itself and a new one won't come into my possession until I know I can feasibly afford it.

Check out B&H and KEH as both have good selections of used gear.

If you don't want to spend $500 on a lens, then I'm not sure spending $1000+ on a new body/kit would be a better solution.

Half-Ork Scout Leader

Fortunately (or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it) that won't be a problem for me. Not enough money to worry about that. I can barely afford a camera itself and a new one won't come into my possession until I know I can feasibly afford it.

Any chance you have a flickr account? I do enjoy looking at pretty pictures.

Guest guest4729
Check out B&H and KEH as both have good selections of used gear.

If you don't want to spend $500 on a lens, then I'm not sure spending $1000+ on a new body/kit would be a better solution.

I would NEVER spend that much for a camera. I always stick to the $500 range. When I got my 350D is was my only Christmas gift ages ago and it was only $469 or something with the body + stock lens and a bunch of other random things.

Any chance you have a flickr account? I do enjoy looking at pretty pictures.

Yes, yes I do. But as I mentioned I don't take pictures much anymore. A combination of too much school/work and nothing too exciting going on around here. I have some newer pictures but stopped uploading them.

My Flickr is: Flickr

Yes, yes I do. But as I mentioned I don't take pictures much anymore. A combination of too much school/work and nothing too exciting going on around here. I have some newer pictures but stopped uploading them.

Suh-weet!!!

OT, Nice Brony avatar. Diggin' it....

combination of too much school/work and nothing too exciting going on around here. I have some newer pictures but stopped uploading them.

Yay, UrbEx! Some really great shots awd. You've got some talent. Much better than mine. Thanks for sharing.

Guest guest4729
Suh-weet!!!

OT, Nice Brony avatar. Diggin' it....

If you go back to the end I even have some pictures from when I used to shoot with film. Not many, but a few. They're back from the first year that I started doing photography. Back when I developed my own film, prints and so on. :)

And thanks, I made it in the thread dedicated to carjack. I was like "MUST. MAKE. PONY." I don't even watch the show but they're cute. And I'm a girl. And I like cute things. Nuff said.