Forums are back in action! ×

Rebellion 5k

Great job everyone!

We going to do another 5K or shall we shift to a 10K?

Half-Ork Scout Leader
Running PRs : 5K 24m16s | 10K 53m32s | 15K 1h18m09s | Half Marathon 2h1m44s | Marathon 4h42m2s 
Past Challenges #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13  #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22
                               #23 #24 #25 #26 #27 #28 #29 #30 #31 #32 #33 #34 #35 #36 #37 #38 #39 #40
Current Challenge Don't Call It A Comeback

Oops... I forgot to sign up with my NF handle. And I guess attempting to sprint the last hill was worth it. :P

Never think of pain or danger or enemies a moment longer than is necessary to fight them. -Ayn Rand

Amongst those less skilled you can see all this energy escaping through contorted faces, gritted teeth and tight shoulders that consume huge

amounts of effort but contribute nothing to achieving the task.

Gah - third! KillerGriller rightfully finishes above me as he is in the age grade over mine.

Also up for a 10K. :)

Matt

Nah dude, you beat me by 2 sec., you earned it. I'm going to have to train harder next time.

I'm in for either...or both...or both at the same time.

Scout: STR: 20.5 | DEX: 13 | STA: 28 | CON: 13.5 | WIS: 8 | CHA: 4

http://51feetunder.wordpress.com/ - Running, Rock & Roll, Rock Climbing and Photography

Fitocracy Profile

Twitter

Latest Challenge

Still have never run that far in one sitting. I'm working my way up distance-wise so it would be a nice goal to train for. As long as there is some time and it isn't next week I'm down with 10K.

I haven't done a 10k either, but I hadn't run a 5k more than once before (and it was TERRIBLE) this one, so I'm sure it wouldn't be as daunting as it seems.

Never think of pain or danger or enemies a moment longer than is necessary to fight them. -Ayn Rand

Amongst those less skilled you can see all this energy escaping through contorted faces, gritted teeth and tight shoulders that consume huge

amounts of effort but contribute nothing to achieving the task.

Alright, looks like a 10k then. So should we make it the first week of the month again (eg 1-7th of April), or push it back a bit?

I vote for pushing it back a bit. It sounds like the 5k was a reach for some people, myself included. May, maybe? But maybe in April we could have another 5k. I'd appreciate it to help keep me motivated to improve my time.

And thanks a ton for putting this together. You rock!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

“If we all did the things we are capable of, we would astound ourselves.â€

-Thomas Edison

"I'm only at about 35-40%, and I'm surprised as eff."

-unicornassssin

Fitocracy!

[thread=16121]My Challenge Thread[/thread]

Woot! I won my age group. That is totally going on Facebook.

Woot - won my age group too. Yeah, with that sad time.

Double woot for doing it after knee and ankle surgery. LOL.

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

Woot - won my age group too. Yeah, with that sad time.

Double woot for doing it after knee and ankle surgery. LOL.

Congratulations! A wins a win. Are you going to defend your title in the 10K? I don't know if I want to run for a whole hour.

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log