Forums are back in action! ×

Battle Kitten: Ascension

On 9/18/2016 at 5:31 PM, fleaball said:

I also need to do homework for tomorrow's class, start researching for a project for my other class, read a book I was given last week to read for the internship, and then at some point I need to get caught up and get ahead on everything else since going to VA Pride is going to take up a lot of time this weekend. (Driving between DC and Richmond is 2 hours and 2 minutes without traffic, according to Google. But there's actually some kind of hole in the space-time continuum along I-95 because it takes years to get there, for real. So Friday will mean coming home, changing real quick, and spending at least 3 hours driving down so I'll get there at like 9:30? At best? And then Pride all day Saturday. Then driving home Sunday will be miserable as well and leave very little time for homework and such. But I'm excited about it so whatever.)

Meh. Okay. Off to do things. Maybe.

Hey, you'll actually be half a mile down the road from me - I'm staffing an event on Canal Street that day. You're right about that space-time disruption, though; stay safe on I-95. 

• Like 3

Level 6 Demon Hunter, Novice Troubadour

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Current Challenge

Previous challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

"I'm trying to free your mind, Neo. But I can only show you the door. You're the one that has to walk through it."

Guess whose birth control reminder went off while she was driving down the highway? And guess who forgot to actually pack said birth control? 

If you guessed me for both, you would be correct. -_-

Anyway. I'm a half hour away from my destination and waiting in line at a McDonald's drive through that is slower than the DMV. But whatever. I made good time. 

Also @Countess D'If I read your blog. Hugs for you. :( <3

• Like 4

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

We woke up at stupid o'clock in the morning to go to the farmers market? But now we're waiting to go to Pride until we hear from a friend we're supposed to be meeting there but who had family drop by unexpectedly and can't leave til they do so now we're both just sitting around doing homework? I get that it goes til 8 but ugh come on. I'm gonna be pissed if I drove down to go to this thing for like two hours. I could have stayed at home and slept. 

• Like 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

On 9/22/2016 at 0:20 AM, Countess D'If said:

Hey. I know I dropped off the face of the planet. I wrote about it in my blog. I'm not sure how much I'm going to be around NF for a while. Just want to let you know I'm Ok and I figured this was probably the best place for the most people to see it. 

I heart you

Alas, the blog is open to invited readers only. But whatever it is sounds bad :( I hope you're okay. Sending lucky thoughts.

• Like 1

Fitbit  |  Current Challenge  |  Old Challenges:  1 ~ 2 ~ 3 ~ 4 ~ 5 ~ 6 ~ 7 ~ 8 ~ 9 ~ 10 ~ 11 ~ 12 ~ 13 ~ 14 ~ 15 ~ 16 ~ 17 ~ 18 ~ 19 ~ 20 ~ 21 ~ 22

Forum avatar is custom art by the talented Veronica Guzzardi

Flea I hope you're having an amazing weekend (early morning wakeups notwithstanding) and I am very envious of your new 'eh, well that kind of sucks but whatever' approach to stressful stuff :D

• Like 2

Fitbit  |  Current Challenge  |  Old Challenges:  1 ~ 2 ~ 3 ~ 4 ~ 5 ~ 6 ~ 7 ~ 8 ~ 9 ~ 10 ~ 11 ~ 12 ~ 13 ~ 14 ~ 15 ~ 16 ~ 17 ~ 18 ~ 19 ~ 20 ~ 21 ~ 22

Hope you're having a great Pride weekend

• Like 1

Level 21 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 18  -  CON: 22  -  CHA: 11  -  SAN: 19  -  INT: 17

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Get going!

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map - 2022 road map/wrap-up

Pride was hella lame. Weekend was frustrating although I'm still sort of glad I got out for the change of scenery. Mixed feelings I guess. I meant to do a decent update and reply to individual posts but the partner project from hell just took THREE HOURS and I am hangry and have other fucking homework to do before I pass out. (That optional conference? WAS EXTRA CREDIT BUT SHE DIDNT ANNOUNCE IT TIL AFTER THE FACT??) so I'm bitter and won't have time for anything tonight. Meh. 

• Like 5

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Lame pride that you drove a long time for? Secret extra credit optional conference? Group project from hell? Still more homework to do?

The readings are off the charts:

BS.jpg

I'm sorry and I hope this week is better.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, fleaball said:

Pride was hella lame. Weekend was frustrating although I'm still sort of glad I got out for the change of scenery. Mixed feelings I guess. I meant to do a decent update and reply to individual posts but the partner project from hell just took THREE HOURS and I am hangry and have other fucking homework to do before I pass out. (That optional conference? WAS EXTRA CREDIT BUT SHE DIDNT ANNOUNCE IT TIL AFTER THE FACT??) so I'm bitter and won't have time for anything tonight. Meh. 

boooooooooo. Hope this improve asap! I demand better weekends for Flea.

• Like 2

Didn't do homework last night. By the time I actually got home my brain had shut down because I was too tired and too hungry. Relatedly, I'm strongly considering dropping the 10-hour internship I have. You're really really not supposed to. But before I accepted it I emailed to say "hey I'm stupid busy this semester" and they were like "no it'll be fine." And so far we're getting assignments on Monday that are due Friday, I got a super bitchy email about my lack of availability for team conference calls during business hours (which wasn't mentioned to me either), and I'm just not here for the bullshit.

honestly thank god the birth control seems to be helping with my anxiety because this semester just blows. Like, it's stressful but not terribly so. I'm just not excited by anything I'm doing and I'm already counting down til Christmas break. :/

• Like 4

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

...and I forgot my ID badge for work. So I'm stuck on my floor all day bc the temp badge they give you doesn't work in the elevator or stairs. Ugggggh. 

• Like 4

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

I was gonna spend time before class catching up here. But my friend who always talks about herself got out of class early and came to sit with me. And I've spent the last hour listening to her complain about EVERYTHING. A mile a minute. I literally did all my homework for class while letting her ramble the fuck on and not even missing an opportunity to say anything. Like honestly you could ask me how my day went instead of telling me the same stories I heard two weeks ago? or telling me about every single customer you've ever had at whole foods who's pissed you off? (Spoiler alert: it's all of them. Also you know I worked at a supermarket for 5 years and I've had all of those customers too.)

im gonna fucking scream y'all. I cannot do this right now. She's just going on and on while I'm writing this. 

• Like 4

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

10 hours ago, zenLara said:

why do they do that?

Bc God hates me. Idk. 

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

2 hours ago, Severine said:

Flea, this friend sucks. Trade in at Friend Depot for replacement friend.

Contemplating it. For reference, this is also the one I was stressing over wanting to go to pride. Clearly it would have been a terrible idea so hey, thank god she has this shitty weekend job I heard about all night. 

• Like 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

10 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

On the plus side, think about how much homework you don't have to do later!

It was the homework for the class last night. =P But it's a nice sentiment lol. 

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

18 hours ago, fleaball said:

or telling me about every single customer you've ever had at whole foods who's pissed you off?

Unrelated ramble: I once was in whole foods and realized I hadn't eaten lunch & was really hungry, but it was too close to dinner to eat a full meal, so I figured that getting half a sandwich at the deli counter was a good compromise. I'm kinda traditional when it comes to sammiches, so when I was filling out the little form & got to the condiments, I checked Mayo and Dijon Mustard and wrote in "just a little, please" with arrows pointing to them.

The deli attendant looked at my form and burst out laughing, "Thank God!! You eat normal sandwiches! You wouldn't believe what some people order!" And while assembling my sammich she told me about some of the weirdest/most disgusting combos that stoned customers had ordered.

• Like 2

"'It's time for a few small repairs,' she said." - Shawn Colvin