Forums are back in action! ×

Half Marathon Woot

I ran a half marathon Sunday.

I set my goal at 2:10, and I finished in 2:07:50!

Two years ago I ran the same half at 2:25:40, so I made my goal and improved my time by almost 18 minutes!

Big WOOOOT!!!! and a high five and a fist bump and a friendly sports minded butt slap.

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

That's a lot of running for such a short time span! Very nice!

I've never been a distance runner, but plan on trying to achieve the 5k time that Steve set for guys in the fitness benchmarks.

Any new goals for your next big run?

Actually, I'm thinking about trying to set some PRs on shorter distances. I'm actually looking at a 5k next month. My best practice run for 5k has come in around 9min/mile, so maybe targeting 8:30/mile? Not sure but I think the next running challenge for me will be running shorter distances at a faster pace. Maybe working back up to half marathon length eventually with a faster time.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Orc Ranger

Str: 7, Dex: 2, Sta: 7, Con 4, Wis: 1, Cha: 3

Actually, I'm thinking about trying to set some PRs on shorter distances. I'm actually looking at a 5k next month. My best practice run for 5k has come in around 9min/mile, so maybe targeting 8:30/mile? Not sure but I think the next running challenge for me will be running shorter distances at a faster pace. Maybe working back up to half marathon length eventually with a faster time.

Awesome man! 8:30 sounds doable, just have to train for it I suppose. Good luck - keep us all updated if you go for it.

Congrats! Was it the Georgia Half-Marathon?

Half-Ork Scout Leader
Running PRs : 5K 24m16s | 10K 53m32s | 15K 1h18m09s | Half Marathon 2h1m44s | Marathon 4h42m2s 
Past Challenges #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13  #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22
                               #23 #24 #25 #26 #27 #28 #29 #30 #31 #32 #33 #34 #35 #36 #37 #38 #39 #40
Current Challenge Don't Call It A Comeback