Forums are back in action! ×

With the Rising of the Full Moon, Grenwolf Appears

Hello, fellow nerds!

I am Grenwolf, former lurker, recent battle log writer, and aspiring wolfperson pulp hero.

The way I figure it, at least one of those pulp adventurers must have wound up scratched/bitten or discovered a belt/cloak that led to wolfing out. Might as well be me, right?

What I'm aiming for is a sort of Doc-Savage-with-fur thing. My challenges will be tied to the lunar cycle (hence today's posting, the official launch of my first cycle after 10 days or so of warm-up posting to my battle log), based on the Arkham Horror stats/skills system. I like that game a lot, and the way I figure it, Lovecraftiana at least shares a border with wolf-pulp.

My epic quest list (in its slightly disorganized glory) is based on heroes like Doc Savage, the Shadow, the Avenger, the Phantom, etc. (hopefully without the racism, sexism, and other discriminatory problems of the 1930's and 1940's). Most of those heroes checked most or all of the following boxes:

- Physically capable, able to run, ride, shoot, climb, and fight as necessary to survive and carry out their missions.
- Mentally capable, displaying the fortitude, flexibility, and mindfulness required to overcome the foes and obstacles that spring up in their path.
- In possession of a grab bag of other skills that they use to support their work. These often involve internal and social skills in addition to their physical skills.
- Well traveled, exploring and learning in many places, the better to achieve their long-term goals of preserving artifacts, saving the world, etc.

The battle log's going to be where most of the action is for the foreseeable future, although I'll also be commenting on others' posts when I can. I think I saw a few other writers (generally with more work under their belts than I've got) in the current crop of newbies, and I'd definitely be up for joining a revived/new thread for writers.

I'm looking forward to getting to know many of you better, and soon!

• Like 1

The Doc Savage Oath (in part)

Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, that all may profit by it. Let me think of the right and lend all my assistance to those who need it, with no regard for anything but justice. Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.... -- Doc Savage, as written by Lester Dent

Character Sheet: Grenwolf

giphy.gif

Welcome and congrats on stepping out of the shadows. :) 

3 hours ago, Grenwolf said:

My challenges will be tied to the lunar cycle (hence today's posting, the official launch of my first cycle after 10 days

I am also intrigued by this! 

GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!