Forums are back in action! ×

A reintroduction...

So hello everyone, a reintroduction begins.

I joined this glorious forum & community years ago, gave a half-assed attempt and then disappeared off the face of the planet. Now I am back, gym membership & 1 year of attendance acquired and my story unfolds as thus:

''I used to be a complete gymphobe. No scratch that, a complete fitnessphobe.... I hated moving, being active and the idea of going to the gym, ha!

A year or so ago (April '16) I had a huge life change - my boyfriend and I of 10 years split up (back together 3 months later :D), I was alone and my depression returned with a damn vengeance.. My gym-loving friend (seriously the guy is a tank), talked me into joining up and trying exercise to boost my confidence and kick my depression's ass. 

He was right, but after a year of half effort, it's now time to step it up. I want abs, I want to walk into that weight room and feel confident. I want to squat with ease, pick up weights with confidence, run for 30 minutes and not want to keel over. To pick going for walks around my local area instead of sitting and watching TV constantly.

I want strength, happiness & health...

The REAL story begins now, it's time to level up. 

Less Toad, more Bowser...''

This means its serious now and this community & seriously fun approach to fitness is going to get me there. 

Big love. 

RR

x

• Like 1

Welcome back @rotundrobin!

Do you have any goals you are working on currently? We have a brand new challenge starting this Sunday if you want to come and join in on the fun!

GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

Motivation sounds good.  What Goals do you have, sounds like ou have a running start and would be interested in seeing how it goes. 

TANSTAAFL!

TANSTAAFL!   

What is not gained through labor is paid for in pride!

STR 8/DEX 4/CON 6/INT 8/WIS 8/CHA 6

BATTLE LOG: GREG T and The Temple Of Fe

Greg T. Proclaims " To mediocrity and Beyond! 2018"

GregT MFP Food Diary

GregT's Spotify Lists

FOLKS. 

Wow, here I come with the big talk and then drop off for a month + again. So to explain - work work work work work. Went to Paris, did an event... YAWN. 

A new goal has appeared in my life. TMI coming your way - breast reduction, surgery - big things. Been needing this radical change in my life for 8+ years and damn, the surgery date has been set. I have 4 weeks, 4 days to get myself prepped.

The meal plans are set, the supplements are in, the gym sessions are increasing now WORK LIFE is out of the way. I need to slim the damn down, I will be banned from the gym for a fair few weeks whilst I heal so I need to get into shape now.

Luckily I'm not so rotund anymore, but.... I have lower belly fat that will.not.shift.

NEWS TEAM. ASSSSSEEEEEMMMMMBBBBLLLLLEEEEEE. (best film ever)

I'm on for a challenge. Support me team. Help me out! PLEASE

Love RR xx 

• Like 2

Welcome and stay a while. :) 

Do you have a challenge for post? It's only day 4 of the current one so you have plenty of time to start. 

• Like 1

GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

4 hours ago, rotundrobin said:

where do we start?

Have you read even up your Life?  Or joined the NF academy?  You don't have to, of course just trying to see where we are starting from.

TANSTAAFL!   

GregT MFP Food Diary

GregT's Spotify Lists

Getting started on NF can be somewhat confusing but there are lots of people who can help you along the way.

Level up your life is the book written by Steve Kamb and it goes into pretty much everything you need to know about Nerdfitness. If you can't go out and get the book, check out some of the old blog posts he did. Those are great and they are originally what drew me to this site. 

NerdFitness Academy - If you are truly starting out and need a step by step process then this is a good one. it offers Nutrition, Mindset and Exercise guides and you can even fight bosses based on exercise. Here you can level up the character you make on the character site. NF Academy is great for beginners. If you are not a beginner it might feel not advanced enough for you. 

Rising Heroes - Realtime multiplayer game for NerdFitness. Much like the Academy it offers quests and things to do but you do them with your faction.

Both NFA and RH are refundable if they are just not working for you. The process is super easy and hassle free, I did both. 

Forum Wise :

Check out the Level 1 / First Time Challengers forum. @Hazard He has put together a lot of great info and links. This is the BEST place to start, imo, START HERE: The NF Beginner Guidebook

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

HFC for Life!

What Kinsey Said.  Whew I knew if I just went to bed things would work to for the best lol.  We are here for you, just ask away.  I am new myself, only been here 6 weeks.  

• Like 1

TANSTAAFL!   

GregT MFP Food Diary

GregT's Spotify Lists

Robin,

Go to your Challenge page and copy the link.  Then paste it in your signature so people can find your challenge and follow along easier.  I didn't know about this on my first challenge, the last one, and I was a bit bummed no one was checking it out.  This time is much better.

TANSTAAFL!   

GregT MFP Food Diary

GregT's Spotify Lists