TimovieMan enforces it until it becomes habit

On 9/5/2024 at 6:05 AM, TimovieMan said:

Dolly Parton's "Jolene".

This song is very fun to sing.  I have an employee on my team named Jolene and everyone once in awhile someone will say her name just right and it will give me an ear worm for this song.  Just the other day I listened to Dolly sing this on repeat on my way home from work.  

Following for spreadsheets and other antics. 

• Like 2

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

6 hours ago, TimovieMan said:

and wound up doom-scrolling on my phone... ?

I do this all of the time, even when I'd rather be sleeping i find myself staring at my phone. I wish I knew why!

• Like 1

Level 21 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 18  -  CON: 22  -  CHA: 11  -  SAN: 19  -  INT: 17

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Jarric: The 'C' Team

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map - 2022 road map/wrap-up

following along and jamming to Jolene! I really like the Miley Cyrus version from the backyard sessions too. She has such a unique voice.

• Like 2

STR   DEX   STA   CON   INT   WIS   CHA

2           0          4         2            0         1         0

Workin' my 'Puff into 'Tuff!

On 9/6/2024 at 5:50 PM, deftona said:

Mon dieu. 

As a huge Doors fan this was a sucker punch ?

How do you think I feel? This is "how did I forget?" territory. Maybe it's because it's one of their least psychedelic songs??? 

On 9/6/2024 at 7:27 PM, Shello said:

This song is very fun to sing.  I have an employee on my team named Jolene and everyone once in awhile someone will say her name just right and it will give me an ear worm for this song.  Just the other day I listened to Dolly sing this on repeat on my way home from work.  

I'd probably have the song in my head as well, as soon as I'd hear someone say the name...

Once had a colleague on the phone explaining something in English. Just as I passed his desk, I heard him repeat 4 times "That's right, that's right, that's right, that's right."
I couldn't resist and followed up with "I really love your tiger light".

Only got odd looks, though. ?

On 9/6/2024 at 11:19 PM, Jarric said:

I do this all of the time, even when I'd rather be sleeping i find myself staring at my phone. I wish I knew why!

I'm actually more prone to wiki walks than doom-scrolling, but as with so many things: once it grabs my attention, it has me... ?

On 9/7/2024 at 5:20 AM, MezzothePatient said:

following along and jamming to Jolene! I really like the Miley Cyrus version from the backyard sessions too. She has such a unique voice.

Miley's godmother (Dolly herself) very much approved of the version.

Miley Cyrus does have a tendency to make solid covers of decidedly non-pop songs. Led Zeppelin's "Black Dog" and even Nine Inch Nails' "Head Like a Hole" for instance.

On 9/7/2024 at 12:30 PM, Yuen said:

This is an amazingly organised and well colour coded challenge!

I can empathise with the night time exercise - I quite often find myself doing the same thing for similar reasons as yourself.

Thanks!

The colour-coding was one of my better ideas last year. It's a perfect balance between in-depth logging and really not putting too much effort in it to not burn myself out... ?

On 9/8/2024 at 7:13 PM, Waanie said:

Evening-exercisers unite ?.

harumph-harrumph.gif

• Like 6

TimovieMan: funnier than you think he is; not as funny as he thinks he is...

Active challenges: Don't log, remain sensible | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

Old threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII | XXIII

Friday:

Brother-in-law came over in the evening. We ordered takeaway. I had spicy Japanese udon noodles with chicken and vegetables.

With the Nations League football in the background - TimovieSon wanted to watch - we played some board games.

Had been a while since we last had a board game night. We picked games we'd played several times before and still had to go over the rules again.

Played a game of Azul, a game of Clever and a round of Exploding Kittens (with the Imploding Kittens and Streaking Kittens add-ons).

Azul Cover Artwork pic8014078.jpg pic2691976.png

I won all three games. Brother-in-law finished last in Azul and Clever, and second in Exploding Kittens. Usually the wins are between me and him. Guess he had an off-day...

Saturday:

Had to wake up early because TimovieSon had a football match. One of the further away games, half an hour's drive. As soon as we pulled up to the pitch, he recognised the location and went "oh no, this is a strong team". And he was playing with a team that mostly consisted of the newer players at the club, that transferred from the bigger club next door because the "C"-team never got any proper training there. They're not all that used to playing together, but frankly, with training they'll get there.
TimovieSon was right, though. The opposing team was strong. We lost 13-1 with TimovieSon pretty much being the best player on the pitch, which is saying something as he is our keeper.

Visited a coastal town in the afternoon to go for a walk. Just over the border in the Netherlands, Breskens. We didn't think we'd been there before, but immediately recognised one of the squares. It had been about 8 years ago, though. Went for a sight-seeing walk, and stopped for ice cream. The town wasn't big enough to fill the entire evening as well, so the choices were returning home, or stopping in the neighbouring town first. The kids *really* wanted to go home, so we did.

Went for fries afterwards and a relaxed TV evening.

Sunday:

The plan was to have a lazy Sunday. We'd drained the semi-permanent above-ground pool on Friday night, and disassembled it on Sunday. It's now back in our garage's attic, awaiting next year. Hopefully we'll have a better summer then, so we'll get more use out of it. This year wasn't spectacular.

Didn't do much else all day. Made ice creams in the afternoon, cleaned the cat's litter boxes, and that's it.

Would've watched some of the US Open final, but once Mrs. Movieman went to bed, the game had already finished - Jannik Sinner only needed three sets to lift the trophy. Oh well.

Monday:

Worked from home today.
Went for a lunch-break walk that doubled as a grocery run.

Been having a headache for most of the afternoon and evening. The kids were complaining about headaches as well when they got home from school, so there might be something brewing in the house.

Or it's just the abundance of fries and ice cream and lack of vegetables this weekend that caught up with us a little.

Last week's log:

Week 0
  M T W T F S S
Intermittent fasting              
Calorie intake              
Calories spent              
Calories in/out deficit              
Curfew              
Sleep              
Avg. sleep 6h18
Steps              
Avg. steps 10.3K
Distance 23.42 km
Workouts 1.4
Days with (mini-)workouts 7

Foodwise is very acceptable. Usually I make a better effort during the week, but that's harder with so many leftover chocolate and stuff in the house.

Curfew was mostly respected, except for the wiki-walk and doom-scrolling days. It made sleep mostly acceptable, though.

Could have been a tad better, had a couple of nights that were worse than I'm used to. No explanation for Tuesday. Saturday could've been better. Could've fallen asleep sooner. I blame that on the cats. Two of our cats started fighting, and while running away, one jumped straight on my groin, right when I was falling asleep... Kept me up for another fifteen minutes.

And the missus woke me 10 minutes before my alarm would've gone off - something that irks me terribly - because there was a spider in the bathtub that needed killing. It was stuck there. That could've waited ten more minutes. Would've had a green log too, then... ?

Steps were a bit less than usual. No days with extra long walks, where I greatly exceed 12K steps, and a few too many where I didn't make 12K. Still, it's acceptable.

Did the (mini-)workouts daily too, even if several of the days were just the single DailyDare exercise. Could've done a couple of exercises more.

Guess we'll chalk this up to "week zero" and try to do better next week. ?

Walk to Mordor

Distance walked last week: 23.42 km (14.55 miles)
Road to Mordor: total 1339.4 miles - Rauros to Mount Doom - Feb. 28 - Day 3 since Rauros

Keep as close to the cliff as can, angling southeast. Stop to eat. Cliff curves more to the east. Enter another ravine. Cliff still too high to descend. Climb into another ravine. Camp at dusk. Leave at dawn.

A month after the fact, and I'm still only 60% of the way there with my Alcatraz review.

But I did play the junior Wimbledon tournament in TE4 and wrote about that... ?

AD_4nXcuu-izBLx2BMO4M3tzxB5gnJBjTt0wb_IZ

Spoiler

My next tournament was the junior Wimbledon major in week 27.
I steamrolled through the Roland Garros junior tournament, but that was on my favourite surface, clay. Wimbledon is on my least favourite surface, grass. Faster, lower bouncing, shorter points, rewarding of more aggressive (net) play. Not the things I prefer or excel most at.
I wasn't going to win every match 6-0 6-0 this time...

My first opponent was Nicolas Mahut, future world #1 in doubles and #37 in singles, also known for playing in the longest match in tennis history vs. John Isner at Wimbledon in 2010 (after which they changed the rules to avoid those marathon final sets).
His stats indicated it would be an easy win, but this is Wimbledon. The first set was pretty even, with each of us winning our own service games. I managed to break him at 4-3 and it won me the set.
The second set was the inverse: it started equal but with both of us surprisingly winning on the other's serve games. I made the difference by keeping my serve at 3-2, and I didn't give it up any more. 6-3 6-3

The second round was against an unknown Indian. That was an easier match. Still lost the very first game on his serve, so no double bagel. Just a single. ?
6-1 6-0

In the last 16, my opponent was David Martin, the future #38 in doubles. Should've been an easier win than the 6-3 6-2 it wound up being, but, well, grass tournament.

In the quarter final, I was up against Michal Tabara again. He gave me trouble on clay in the Italia Open, and his stats are very much geared towards grass play, so this match got me nervous.
Rightfully so, it seemed: up until 4-4, I had made few points on his serve, while struggling to keep him from breaking on my serve. He eventually broke my serve to go 4-5 in front, and could serve for the set. That game became the pivotal point of the match.
Tabara had no less than three set points in that game, but I survived all of them and ultimately won the game to equalise to 5-5 again.
It must've done something to his resolve, because I went on to win the first set 7-5.
I was riled up at this point. Fist pumps in front of the laptop and everything. TimovieSon was watching and he was supporting just as maniacally... for a video game... ?
Tabara started with a fresh mind and some adjusted tactics in the second set and immediately got 0-2 in front. Just like in the first set, he couldn't confirm his break, and I got back on even ground.
At that point, the stamina game - because even though this is a grass tournament, I *still* make my opponent run - was working in my favour. I still had to fight to win the games, but it got easier a little, and I could coast it out. 7-5 6-2

My semi-final match against an unknown Kenyan was easier in comparison. Despite his good service game, my opponent had stress issues, and the match was an unremarkable 6-3 6-1.

The final was a repeat of the Roland Garros final: me vs. Jordan Kerr.
Kerr had stamina issues, and a week-long tournament had "softened him up" somewhat before the final even began. His short term form wasn't 100%, so the stamina game was already won in advance for me. It was an anticlimactic 6-1 6-1.
Yes, he kept his service game once in each set. Just one bagel in the entire tournament. Bagels are primarily going to be a clay thing for me, I reckon.

As I lifted the junior Wimbledon trophy, I kept thinking "Records!".
Stefan Edberg is the only player to win all 4 junior grand slam tournaments. He even did so in the same calendar year, a true Grand Slam, in 1983.
As I lost the Australian Open final, he's still the only one with a junior Grand Slam. BUT if I win the US Open and next season's Australian Open, then I'll be the second player ever to win a junior Career Golden Slam... but I'll be younger than he was!
Edberg was 17 for all 4 of his junior grand slam wins. I'm still 15 for the first two, and will be 16 if I get the next two.

So instead of going pro at the end of the season, I'll extend my junior career by a couple of weeks. My sights are on the US Open this year, and the Australian Open next year. Then I'll go pro. ?

Since the Alcatraz festival, I've talked to a number of people about metal bands. On one of those occasions, I learned of a band I didn't know before, even though I feel like I should have heard of them. A bit similar to the Soil-situation during my Alcatraz prep.

It's the band "Dope". Another one of those bands I would've been all over in the early '00s, had I known of them. Listened to a number of their songs, and I quite like it. They're industrial metal, and the Nine Inch Nails influence is obvious (though they're a LOT harder).

And the best part?

They're on next year's Alcatraz line-up!

Dope - Die MF Die

I've posted songs from Dolly Parton, The Doors and Dope consecutively. No points for guessing where I am on my 'top 2000' selection list... ?

• Like 7

Active challenges: Don't log, remain sensible | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

Old threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII | XXIII

11 hours ago, AerynLee said:

I love Azul!

I haven't heard of the Clever game. How is that one?

Let's just say that it's one of the games that regularly enters the rotation for brother-in-law, the missus and me, so it's one of the "generally liked" ones.

It's an easy to learn "roll-and-write" game, where even the "passive" players are involved when it's not their turn. If you've already played it a few times, and know what you're doing, it can easily be played in about 20 minutes, so it's relatively fast.

I'm not saying it won't get stale after a while, but if you only play it "once in a while", it's a fun little game.

Of course, I have a preference for the more "abstract" games that are easy to learn, but contain enough strategic/tactical elements to minimize the luck aspect. Like Azul too, for instance.

3 hours ago, Waanie said:

Great! How are you liking the timing?

It's been the timing I've used for mini-workouts from the get-go, so no changes there. It's my preferred timing no matter how I look at it.
The issue is more that I'm not allowed to disregard my "workout alarm" this time, as that's something I was prone to doing *a lot* in the past. To the point where I had even disabled the alarm altogether because it basically became a talking clock: alarm goes off, "oh, it's 23:45", dismiss alarm.

25 minutes ago, Qnobi said:

What do you call my YouTube rabbit holes? Tubing seems a little drab.

Heh, I have those too on occasion. I think I've always called them "going down a YouTube rabbit hole" as well... ?

• Like 5

12 hours ago, TimovieMan said:

It's the band "Dope". Another one of those bands I would've been all over in the early '00s, had I known of them. Listened to a number of their songs, and I quite like it. They're industrial metal, and the Nine Inch Nails influence is obvious (though they're a LOT harder).

Fun fact: When Static-X reunited for a new (tribute) album, it was (allegedly) Dope's singer, Edsel Dope, who took up lead vocals under the guise of "Xero".

StaticX_TLA_Philly_Mar_18_2023_AJ-Kinney

• Like 3

Lvl 65 Multitasker

9 minutes ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Fun fact: When Static-X reunited for a new (tribute) album, it was (allegedly) Dope's singer, Edsel Dope, who took up lead vocals under the guise of "Xero".

Huh, and Static-X has also been announced on next year's line-up...

coincidence-i-think-not-incredibles-meme

• Haha 3

Office day today. Biked to the office, will bike back (with a slight detour). Had a lunch break walk that I cut slightly short because I had an afternoon meeting in a (reasonably far off) auditorium.

I figured the walk there would've been added to my lunch break walk. It didn't. The time spent at my desk logging back in, refilling my water bottle and going for a quick toilet break, ended the "walking streak". Oh well. The steps are counted, I just missed a bit of distance on the Road to Mordor. Nothing important.

Log for this week so far:

Week 1
  M T W T F S S
Intermittent fasting              
Calorie intake              
Calories spent              
Calories in/out deficit              
Curfew              
Sleep              
Avg. sleep 7h06
Steps              
Avg. steps 13.2K
Distance 8.93 km
Workouts 0.2
Days with (mini-)workouts 1

Yesterday's sleep log includes a nap. Because headache and tired.

Have a meeting at TimovieDaughter's psychiatrist after work. We'll get the results of her intake conversation and the accompagnying IQ tests...

Fingers crossed for that!

Here's Aerosmith with one of their elaborate music videos from the '90s. They announced their retirement after the current farewell tour, so might as well post a song of theirs. One of the ones I like best (after Dream On, of course).

Video stars Edward Furlong, fresh off his T2 stardom.

Aerosmith - Livin' on the Edge

• Like 6

Exercise:

DailyDare yesterday was 20 elbow plank crunches. I remained in plank afterwards, until I thought that I should time it, and activated my watch's 1 minute countdown. Made it to the end, so with the plank crunches and the bit before setting the timer, I must've done about a 2-minute plank! That's been a while!

DailyDare today was 30 seconds bear plank hold. I did the knuckle variation, and did a full minute.

The thought here is: if I'm not doing all that many exercises besides the DailyDare, I might as well focus on core exercises.

Did the DailyDare early today, because I had a fifteen-minute window of privacy and well, nothing better to do at that time. Broke out the pull-up bar. Only managed one chin-up. Can work on that. Did 10 leg-assisted chin-ups and 10 leg-assisted pull-ups.

Walk:

Turned a grocery run into a walk today. Why take the car, if you get there on foot in about 25 minutes? ?

Hey, I worked from home today, I need the step count then.

Did an additional (shorter) walk just after I'd finished work, to make certain that I get to 12K steps today. I didn't have to take the kids to football practice, so would've lost the step count there. ?

Food:

I stayed well under 2K calories yesterday. Might've overdone it a little with the deficit, because I was hungry today and broke fast after 14 hours because of it.

Made meatballs in tomato sauce with mashed potatoes and broccoli today. And I had some ice cream in the afternoon as well. With the quantities of mashed potatoes I ate - I always make too much - I'll be in the 3K ballpark today. Perfect for a 20+ hour fast. 24+ hours if there are no treats at work tomorrow. ?

Log for the week so far:

Week 1
  M T W T F S S
Intermittent fasting              
Calorie intake              
Calories spent              
Calories in/out deficit              
Curfew              
Sleep              
Avg. sleep 6h54
Steps              
Avg. steps 11.9K
Distance 15.75 km
Workouts 0.7
Days with (mini-)workouts 3

Missed my curfew window by a few minutes last night, so it's an orange mark. Slept well and still got over 6 hours of sleep in, so no complaints there.

TimovieDaughter:

The psychiatrist didn't give us the exact IQ number from TimovieDaughter's test (because it's more of a range thing), but from his explanation I reckon it's in the 120 vicinity. Above average intelligence, so no worries for anything school-related, she'll be able to do whatever she wants.

Scored in the same range for both auditory tests and visual tests. Scored a bit lower ("just" average) for the visual-spatial correlation part. Seeing the correlations will take her a bit longer than everything else. Which essentially translates to "she'll have to work for it whenever she studies - start early, repeat often".

Not "do nothing until exam week, and then cram everything in there in as short a space of time as possible" like I made a career out of. ?

Psychiatrist is quite convinced there's no autism spectrum disorder at work here, but rather hypersensitivity, which causes her to over-analyse *every* social interaction to the point that it takes over everything for her. If she then perceived something negative ("someone seems angry with her" for instance), she'll get stuck on that idea and spiral down into negativity.

So, in essence, she's not like me, she's like Mrs. Movieman. ?

Of course, with her being in her most important formative years, where her independence will become all the more important to her, we'll have to change our approach for her. Whenever she's in a spiral of negativity about something, we'll essentially have to validate her feelings and go with them - even if they're delusional to us. No explaining why she shouldn't think X or why Y might be wrong. Validate her, listen to her, and let her work it out on her own.

I will need help with this.

I do have autism spectrum disorder - this is not something I know how to handle naturally. I'll have to train myself in active listening.

Anybody here have any good books that might help me with this?

A quick search (with help from Google and ChatGPT ?) has lead me to Daniel J. Siegel and Tina Payne Bryson's "The Whole-Brain Child" and Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish's "How to Talk so Kids Will Listen and Listen so Kids Will Talk", but I have no idea if these are worthwhile...

This next song is what not to do in terms of parenting. ?

Seemed an appropriate pick. ?

Clawfinger - Do What I Say

The thumbnail for the video was also the cover art for the album "Use Your Brain". Always loved that "brain-grenade" - seemed right.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, TimovieMan said:

Anybody here have any good books that might help me with this?

Did you just ask a bunch of nerds for book recommendations?! 

image.png.7f42c1386c0a1f9d4a105e2cb024f241.png

There's actually a really good Ted Talk on this: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://www.ted.com/talks/celeste_headlee_10_ways_to_have_a_better_conversation%3Flanguage%3Den&ved=2ahUKEwjJw7_X7buIAxXKsFYBHTGGD8cQtwJ6BAgLEAI&usg=AOvVaw3EqRuNmoRq3Y7fypINkNGQ

(It's about interviewing, but the skills convey)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
2 minutes ago, Qnobi said:

Did you just ask a bunch of nerds for book recommendations?! 

giphy.gif

My mother will do a similar negative spiral, and I find the best way to get her out of it is to be right with her and remind her “You are not alone in this, I’m right here and I got your back. We can do anything together.”  Because yeah, any kind of reasoning otherwise just pushes her away and makes her feel worse. 

so basically I’m saying “You’ve got a good plan” after she’s come up, she can kinda work from there like “okay, well how important IS this to me anyway?” And perspective is gained. 

Also this website has a lot of links to free reading materials regarding active listening and it’s directed towards people who have autism diagnoses. http://autisticnyc.org/vision/soc-skills/active-listen.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

My mother will do a similar negative spiral, and I find the best way to get her out of it is to be right with her and remind her “You are not alone in this, I’m right here and I got your back. We can do anything together.”  Because yeah, any kind of reasoning otherwise just pushes her away and makes her feel worse. 

The hardest part is when we realise she's misinterpreting something, and her mind twisted it into the most negative thing imaginable, to NOT use reasoning. Even more so since it pretty much happens on a daily basis... ?

11 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Also this website has a lot of links to free reading materials regarding active listening and it’s directed towards people who have autism diagnoses. http://autisticnyc.org/vision/soc-skills/active-listen.html

Thanks! Plenty of interesting things there.

2 hours ago, Salinger said:

Hey Timo, how does your daughter feel about all of this?

Well, she still talks to us about everything that happens, so we haven't pushed her away yet. ?

Knowing that she's smart (and pretty much having that on paper now), seems to have been a stress reliever. Even though the results weren't a surprise to us, the "certainty" of it, seems to be a support for her now.

And while it's primarily beneficial for us as parents, knowing that it's hypersensitivity and not autism, is going to be really helpful. We can shift the sharing of personal experiences from me to Mrs. Movieman and have them be more applicable.

It'll also allow her psychologist to be more focused in sessions, and it's an extra angle for the people from the Student Guidance Centre here to help her when they're monitoring her in school.

The referral from the psychiatrist will also help in making sure the Student Guidance Centre still provides follow-up when she switches schools next year. They apparently have a tendency to "wait and see" when a change in schools is involved. Not with her. She'll need extra follow-up even.

We have a year to give her all the mental anchors she needs to get through that change. And there'll be enough follow-up to continue from there...

• Like 5

I completely mistimed my lunch break walk. Started out perfectly fine, until I was halfway. Then it started raining. At about the furthest point from shelter on the walk...

As I was going back, it started hailing. Not long - when I finally reached shelter, it had mostly stopped, but by then I was soaked.

It's still warm enough out to not wear a jacket to work, so I just had my sweater.

By the time I went home, my jeans had dried, but my sweater was still wet. It's not cold out, unless your sweater is wet when you're going 40 km/h on a bike. ?

I was cold when I got home, so tonight will just be me on the couch, under a blanket...

I did get an additional walk in to make sure I reached the necessary step count for the day, though. And I still intend to do the DailyDare. It's a 30s Superman stretch hold, but I want to see how long I can manage in total. So I'll be playing John Williams while I do so. I'd be playing it in my head anyway - it's a Superman stretch hold, after all... ?

15 hours ago, TimovieMan said:

Well, she still talks to us about everything that happens, so we haven't pushed her away yet. ?

Knowing that she's smart (and pretty much having that on paper now), seems to have been a stress reliever. Even though the results weren't a surprise to us, the "certainty" of it, seems to be a support for her now.

And while it's primarily beneficial for us as parents, knowing that it's hypersensitivity and not autism, is going to be really helpful. We can shift the sharing of personal experiences from me to Mrs. Movieman and have them be more applicable.

It'll also allow her psychologist to be more focused in sessions, and it's an extra angle for the people from the Student Guidance Centre here to help her when they're monitoring her in school.

The referral from the psychiatrist will also help in making sure the Student Guidance Centre still provides follow-up when she switches schools next year. They apparently have a tendency to "wait and see" when a change in schools is involved. Not with her. She'll need extra follow-up even.

We have a year to give her all the mental anchors she needs to get through that change. And there'll be enough follow-up to continue from there...

Brilliant. 

It is so great that you and your wife are supportive and encouraging to your daughter. It will mean so much to her. 

You are wonderful parents xx

• Thanks 1