Forums are back in action! ×

Century Push

milythael

Half a real? Meaning you're almost there! I prophetise that next week you'll do a real push-up. If I'm wrong I eat a cake! Keep it on, you're doing great!
Keep heart! I went from barely managing a knee pushup to doing partial real pushups, to finally doing real pushups with my chest on the ground. I even take the weight off my hands to be sure I'm going all the way.

You'll definitely progress if you keep at it :)

Thanks guys!!! :) I'm gonna get ready for my walk and then do some burpees. This day... I'll die. It was nice knowing you all ;)

"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection"

Epic Quest: Sif's list of awesome

Challenge: let's smash another year #low-carb #push-ups #intermittent fasting

Spoiler

Sif rises once more (~2020): 1

The Return of Sif (~2018): 1, 2, 34567, 8

The Age of Kibcy (~2012/13): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89

Hooray! Well walking/sprinting, attempting pulls ups and climbing... then burpees :D

I'm alright now, but I feel my arms!

Spoiler

You guys cool if I add myself to the mix? Going to take a slightly different approach but I think 100 pushups by the end of the current challenge will be do-able :)

I'm doing the following progressions:

Week 1: 100 Wall pushups (done!)

Week 2: 100 Counter incline pushups (currently at 2X50)

Week 3: 100 Table pushups

Week 4: 100 2-Stairs pushups

Week 5: 100 1-Stair pushups

Week 6: 100 full pushups

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander (ret.)

Tell me about it, Kibcy. My initial test got 11, and my first two sets are supposed to be 10, 12. I'm already not sure I'll make it that far, let alone 3 more sets. But the only thing we can do is give it our best!

I was in the same boat. Somehow, I was able to do it twice... If I can do it, you can too!

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

ugh I didn't get to do my push ups yesterday cause school work got in the way so I'm gonna have to do them tonight! I will do them! I will up date the spread sheep though cause I won't have time to get on NF again tonight.

What tricks did you learn? Video?

Hmm lets see I learned a Cheat Gainer, PK roll, and a Round Off and I'm currently working on learnign the monkey (none of these are mastered). And ooohhh no, no videos yet I'm not nearly good enough. I can also do a B kick which I almost mastered! I'm gonna be so excited when I doo! Oh and I'll be sure to link you when I do post videos :)

@Kibcy: Congrats on 1/2 a push up! :D You'll be there in no time!

Challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/24724-rain13-hell-yea-im-back/#entry419693

level: 2Race: Elf | Class: Druid/Assassin | Height: 5'8 | Weight: 135lbsStrength: 7 | Dexterity: 4 | Stamina: 4 1/2 | Constitution: 6 | Wisdom: 7 | Charisma: 4

Holy crap! Holy crap! Holy crap! Way too excited not to post! I hit 15 guys! 10,12,9,9,15! with 1-2 mins except for the last set 3 min ish... Woohoo! Ugh... now I'm gonna go die somewhere.... or sleep which ever works better. I'm gonna do my next set on saturday morning. then get back to monday next week

Challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/24724-rain13-hell-yea-im-back/#entry419693

level: 2Race: Elf | Class: Druid/Assassin | Height: 5'8 | Weight: 135lbsStrength: 7 | Dexterity: 4 | Stamina: 4 1/2 | Constitution: 6 | Wisdom: 7 | Charisma: 4

@Kibcy: Congrats on 1/2 a push up! :D You'll be there in no time!

Thanks! :D

Holy crap! Holy crap! Holy crap! Way too excited not to post! I hit 15 guys! 10,12,9,9,15! with 1-2 mins except for the last set 3 min ish... Woohoo! Ugh... now I'm gonna go die somewhere.... or sleep which ever works better. I'm gonna do my next set on saturday morning. then get back to monday next week

Hooray! Congrats!! :D

Guys my shoulders are in pain D:

I'm gonna die today! haha.

For added bonus I'll be at my parents this afternoon... I will talk about burpees.

So I will totally have my mom making me do more than I think I can :D

I hope I can do my push ups on Saturday.... seriously!

Spoiler

15! That's awesome! Keep on like this and I won't have to eat a kinder Bueno. No seriously, I'm impressed. You have made so much progress. Way to go girl! Now I'm pumped to do my own set this afternoon!

Nuala, level 13 Robot mistress of pain, Assassin Guild leader

First journey: The Rise and fall of an Assassin

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13

Second journey: Crawling back

Congrats on hitting 15 in a row! That's awesome!

Ow ow ow my chest is hurting. Which is actually something I'm happy about, pushups had a tendency to only hurt my arm before now. I'm guessing my arms caught up and are strong enough, and now it's finally giving my chest more of a workout. But man, my pecs hurt from today's workout. I didn't realise they went all the way under your armpits.

I've been learning so much about anatomy since I started working out!

That was the most insane session ever. The burpees are killing me, doing push-ups were killing me. I am so dead right now that even a not-so fresh zombie would look in better shape than me.

22-30-20-20-23

I unfortunately failed my last set. It was supposed to be 28+ but could only do 23. I tried to fight the floor but it wouldn't budge :( But I did 30 in my second set! I can't believe it. Tanks Rain, You gave me some of your willpower again! And also, thanks Avistew for the support :)

I'll do better next week (with less burpees in my arms :P)

Nuala, level 13 Robot mistress of pain, Assassin Guild leader

First journey: The Rise and fall of an Assassin

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13

Second journey: Crawling back

For added bonus I'll be at my parents this afternoon... I will talk about burpees.

Oh I know my shoulders and wrists were hurting last night. The best advice I can give is to push though it unless it hurts too bad. Good luck!

15! That's awesome! Keep on like this and I won't have to eat a kinder Bueno. No seriously, I'm impressed. You have made so much progress. Way to go girl! Now I'm pumped to do my own set this afternoon!

Thanks! The whole point is so you won't have to eat one :D lets see.... I'm at 15 and I have 5 more weeks If I increase by if I increase by at least 6 every week I should have it!

Ow ow ow my chest is hurting. Which is actually something I'm happy about, pushups had a tendency to only hurt my arm before now. I'm guessing my arms caught up and are strong enough, and now it's finally giving my chest more of a workout. But man, my pecs hurt from today's workout. I didn't realise they went all the way under your armpits.

Thanks :) I know the feeling of being sore and enjoying it and about anatomy... yea me too

Nuala: Glad I could be of some help again :) and like in the last challenge your motivation is helping me too

Oh I know my shoulders and wrists were hurting last night. The best advice I can give is to push though it unless it hurts too bad. Good luck!

Thanks! The whole point is so you won't have to eat one :D lets see.... I'm at 15 and I have 5 more weeks If I increase by if I increase by at least 6 every week I should have it!

Thanks :) I know the feeling of being sore and enjoying it and about anatomy... yea me too

Nuala: Glad I could be of some help again :) and like in the last challenge your motivation is helping me too

Joked in my thread and said I should have sandbagged on the original 25. lol. Yesterday I did 14, 19, 14, 14 and then 12 which was supposed to be a max of 19 and, in total honesty, for probably 7 of those 12 I had to drop to my knees and let our horrific grunting sounds to muscle through that caused my two year old to come upstairs and say, "Playing Monster, Dad?" :\

Shoobie wants me on in Burpees now too so that the Adventurers can bring IN DA STOMP along with the Rangers and Assassins. Damn my competitive nature and stubborn German will. Let's Do it!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Human Adventurer

STR: 3 | DEX: 2 | CON: 2 | STA: 2 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 3

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Congrats Nuala!!!! Even though you didn't make the last set, you made wonderful progress!!!

Thanks Rain! I don't think I should push through it with my medical condition though.

Also!

Me: though I can't do a push up.

Dad: well you can do a plank right? So you just do that on your hands and go down and up.

Me: yes, but I can't get further than this. -demonstrates-

Dad: you can't? Then you need to strengthen your arms.

Me: yeah that's the idea of doing knee push ups.

Apparently even my dad can do push ups ;w;

Spoiler

Haha :) maybe. Learned about my form from mom today! :D

Spoiler

Going to miss my last lot of push ups for the week, and do it on Monday or Tuesday, so my sets may be a bit weird, thats ok, just a workout behind

STR – 24.45, DEX – 13.50, STA – 23.50, CON – 21.40, WIS – 27.65, CHA – 4.50
When the sun comes up, you better start running - Thomas Friedmen
Epic Quest - Current Challenge - Twitter - Goodreads - Fitbit - blog

Second day complete! Couldn't do more than 13 for my last set (which was 12+), I tried to do a 14th one but couldn't complete it... But 13 is still the most I've done in a row so that's great!

My wrists are starting to hurt though :S I guess that's pushups+burpees right there. I hope they'll get better soon.

Archived