Forums are back in action! ×

18/30

I'm starting to get used to this as a daily thing!

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

23/30

Done.  I really didn't think I was going to today.  I went to sleep before 7 pm with 2:30.  I woke up at around 10:30 pm, and still had no intention of doing them.  11 pm rolled around though, and there I was, squatting.

Milythael Assassin

Current Activity: Milythael Acts Like an Assassin

Past Activity: 

Spoiler

Challenges: Intro, 123, 4567, 891011 12
PVPs: Demon Slaying, HOoRAY, Meditation,
 Poses, Juggling 30/30 Squat

So, a couple months ago I slipped on some ice and hurt my knee. I started this hoping it would help with regaining my mobility in my knee. I can still get into the squat, but my knee is really tight and it hurts a lot. Does anyone know if this will indeed help? Or if I'm doing more harm than good?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, a couple months ago I slipped on some ice and hurt my knee. I started this hoping it would help with regaining my mobility in my knee. I can still get into the squat, but my knee is really tight and it hurts a lot. Does anyone know if this will indeed help? Or if I'm doing more harm than good?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On a scale of 1 to Asking a Doctor, I'd say you are a 10. 

• Like 1

ColoQ  ||   Level: 0
Techno Troll  ||  Assassin   
=========================
Current Challenge: 0 - V.2
Previous Challenges: ,
--------------------------------------------------
STR 0     ||   DEX 0    ||  STA 0
CON 0     ||    WIS 0    ||  CHA 0
--------------------------------------------------

19/30 done! 

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

24/30, 25/30 completed, though 24 was a bit of an anomaly in that I did nearly half of its squats the next day before 11 am.  Still, between the two days, I did 60 minutes in 48 hours, and I'm going to count it as completed.

Milythael Assassin

Past Activity: 

Spoiler

20/30 completed! It's almost over!

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

I don't know what day it is for me and ut's not important anyway. I am masochist. Definitely. I have decided to keep on doing squats for my whole challenge, the whole 6 weeks.

Have mercy...

• Like 3

Nuala, level 13 Robot mistress of pain, Assassin Guild leader

First journey: The Rise and fall of an Assassin

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13

Second journey: Crawling back

well the good news is that you hopefully won't forget your own safe word. I haven't hit anywhere near a 30 yet, but the crazy thing to me is how different this feels in different footwear. Barefoot is completely different from my tennis shoes is completely different from my steel toes.

Though I feel like a stompy dinosaur tromping around in my steel toes.

Level 1-2ish Assassin

Str: 2.2 Dex: 1.9  Sta: -0.49 Con:1.3   Wis: 2.8 Cha: 1.7

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/43281-a-single-step/

got in 10 minutes yesterday. don't know if I'll make 30, turns out I cannot concentrate on squatting and studying at the same time. I may have stolen some of Nuala's fire ants, but they felt so good after last night's dog walk that turned into a bit of jogging as well

Level 1-2ish Assassin

Str: 2.2 Dex: 1.9  Sta: -0.49 Con:1.3   Wis: 2.8 Cha: 1.7

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/43281-a-single-step/

I don't know why but squats are super hard today. My usual heel support seems too low, I can barely hold 4 minutes while I can sometimes hold up to 15 minutes. Yesterday was normal, I don't really get it :/

Nuala, level 13 Robot mistress of pain, Assassin Guild leader

First journey: The Rise and fall of an Assassin

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13

Second journey: Crawling back

I don't know why but squats are super hard today. My usual heel support seems too low, I can barely hold 4 minutes while I can sometimes hold up to 15 minutes. Yesterday was normal, I don't really get it :/

I do that sometimes too.Sometimes it is from the shoes I wear, other times I have no idea.

Talked hubby into doing some squats too. He wondered if he was doing it right since his feet started to tingle. I said mine do that too. You know that pins and needle feeling? Do other people have that?

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

A huge number of factors can affect your squat mobility, and pretty much any loss of mobility will make it harder if you are working to increase it as much as you are.  Your calves could be tight.  Your hips could be tight.  Your lower back could be tight.  You could be fighting DOMS or very minor injury.  You could even just be extra tired.

Talked hubby into doing some squats too. He wondered if he was doing it right since his feet started to tingle. I said mine do that too. You know that pins and needle feeling? Do other people have that?

I get pins and needles any time my squats get longer than a few minutes due to loss of circulation to my feet.  More accurately, my feet visibly turn pale / lose color, and once I stop, I get pins and needles in proportion to how long I stayed in the position.  My longest squat so far has been about 16:30, and I've begun to shy away from anything longer than about 7 minutes because I'm starting to get longer term symptoms of poor circulation, including tingling at all times of day.

Milythael Assassin

Past Activity: 

Spoiler

Day 21 is done!

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

I do that sometimes too.Sometimes it is from the shoes I wear, other times I have no idea.

I do, especially when I stand after the squat.  I notice that it seems worse when I am putting my weight forward instead of really in my heels, which makes sense in terms of pinching the veins.

P.s.  Day 1/30 redone

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness

Journey before Destination

I'll start off with day 1/30 here. Thanks for the link, @Nuala! Great topic!

I lasted a grand total of... 40 seconds xD The great Ninja Reindeer doesn't feel very ninja at the moment.. but, hey, gotta start somewhere...

Day1-40sec_zps5ea8735d.png

• Like 1

Race: Reindeer   l   Lvl: Adventurer

I will travel across the land, searching far and wide~

@ Reindeer , 40 seconds is a pretty good start. To build up time do it for 30 -40 seconds, stand up stretch a bit and then repeat

@ Mily and Phoenix. thanks, I will try and sit back a bit and see it that helps the tingles and if it gets too much I will take a break. 

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27