Forums are back in action! ×

What made you smile today?

Roommate's Cat #1 walked over to where Cat #2 was sitting minding his own business, started rubbing her butt and thighs on him, and then meowed loudly and smacked him for touching her. They got into a chase-fight after that.

Cat #1 sounds like a Tsundere :tongue:

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Spread love and understanding. Use force if necessary." - Leon Trotsky

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

"If you do strange things, strange things will happen!"

"That's it! Now go make something beautiful." -Jake Parker

Didn't eat before CrossFit this morning, and as a result the front squats were giving me head  rushes. Good news is I left early, showered, and snuggled back in bed for a bit

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Arian, arian, zehetzen da burnia. -Basque proverb

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

2017 Goals: Maintain BW BS, 100kg DL - Muscle Up - 1/2 Marathon Condition - Abs

So, Humans of New York has recently been doing a series on 11 families of refugees from Syria who are being resettled in the United States (or are trying to, in the case of one young woman). The pictures and interviews were done several months ago, and most of them are in the process of resettling right now.  Since refugees don't have a lot of resources and get limited government assistance, HONY started a crowdfunding campaign today to try to get some cash for these 11 families.  The target was $100,000.

They hit the target within the first half-hour, and the amount raised is now up to almost $500K.

People so often feel overwhelmed by the number, scope, and complexity of problems in this world.  There are few things which seem to be able to be solved completely, and so people don't know what to do and end up doing nothing.  But give them an opportunity to ease the suffering of a few people, give them a guidepost for something they can do for others, and oftentimes folks will surprise you.  They want to help.

<3 people

• Like 1

I didn't find a single thing to complain about today. Life, actually, when I take a step back and really look at it, is pretty sweet. And that made me smile.

• Like 2

Level 9 Pixie

I may not be the strongest, the fastest, or the bravest. But I'll be damned if I'm not trying my hardest.
17 STR ¦ 17 STA ¦ 13 CON ¦ 17 WIS ¦ 13 CHA ¦ 12 DEX

Latest Challenge! , Battle Log! , CHARACTERYAY

so, the one amusing thing that happened to me working at the concert hall last month:

Concert hall has a big glass front.  It is five stories high.  I worked the top two floors.  One afternoon I was waiting for my shift to start, gazing out the windows on the top floor.  A green balloon floated by at eye level, five stories above ground.  Poor lost balloon.  I watched it sink lower, lower, lower, expecting it to hit the pavement, be kicked aside and forgotten.

... and then, at the last second, a passerby caught it out of the air and walked off with it.

Another stray balloon found a happy home.  Yay.

• Like 2

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

so, the one amusing thing that happened to me working at the concert hall last month:

Concert hall has a big glass front.  It is five stories high.  I worked the top two floors.  One afternoon I was waiting for my shift to start, gazing out the windows on the top floor.  A green balloon floated by at eye level, five stories above ground.  Poor lost balloon.  I watched it sink lower, lower, lower, expecting it to hit the pavement, be kicked aside and forgotten.

... and then, at the last second, a passerby caught it out of the air and walked off with it.

Another stray balloon found a happy home.  Yay.

This made me smile today. I have never lost my love for balloons. :)

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Str. 6 Dex. 2 Sta. 1 Con. 12 Wis. 8 Cha. 3

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/58014

Motto: Where there is life, there is hope.

Soli Deo Gloria

“Nobody can be uncheered with a balloonâ€
Winnie the Pooh

:)

• Like 2

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

Not today, but last month one of my co-workers, who took a couple of semesters off, asked if I had lost weight.

And a couple days ago one of the cops who stops by at work sometimes and chats with us asked if I had been working out.

That feels good when it happens, doesn't it? :D

The convenience store guy asked me the same thing the other day. 

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

Not today, but last month one of my co-workers, who took a couple of semesters off, asked if I had lost weight.

And a couple days ago one of the cops who stops by at work sometimes and chats with us asked if I had been working out.

Being that guy that enjoys being different, it makes me smile when I see posts like this for multiple reasons.

The different part being that I get asked "Have you gained weight?" and proudly respond "Yep, up 40 pounds since this time last year"

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Went to pet store to investigate possible acquisition of fish. Saw a wad of finches (had to be at least seven) snuggling in a nest smaller than my fist. Their little heads were all poking out one atop the other. So cute.

Must not buy birds. no, no, I'm here for fish.

• Like 2

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Hearing this on the radio yesterday

• Like 1

I can smell the shredded chicken simmering in the crock pot downstairs... I don't know if it's making me smile or just making me a little crazy!

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Arian, arian, zehetzen da burnia. -Basque proverb

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

2017 Goals: Maintain BW BS, 100kg DL - Muscle Up - 1/2 Marathon Condition - Abs